Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Have read a few interview's with the players now, and how refreshing is it to be in a league with one of the old firm without the players conceding that finishing behind them is the best possible outcome? The only hope is that it is more determination that cockyness over the rest of the league, I do expect the players to learn a few harsh lessons over the season.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Have read a few interview's with the players now, and how refreshing is it to be in a league with one of the old firm without the players conceding that finishing behind them is the best possible outcome? The only hope is that it is more determination that cockyness over the rest of the league, I do expect the players to learn a few harsh lessons over the season.

Congratulations Dunfermline players. Your 'say what the fans want to hear without believing a word of it youserself' tactic has worked.

Actually, I do think they believe it. They're a confident group and believe in themselves and their team-mates. I don't think many fans expect promotion this season, so at least they won't be under huge pressure to go up via the play-offs from the support.

From personal experience mate, I'd say when you write two paragraphs on a football forum you probably do care about it. I get your point though; it's your time and money, do whatever you want with it.

For me, I am excited about the new season. Going in with little expectations and a group of young players with everything to prove. Plus, as you said, lots of new places to go and see on the trains!

Except 'internet rules' don't apply in the real world. 'Internet rules' would state that by now I was 'seething' or 'trying too hard' or some other tired, ciched nonsense.

Gothenburg? You're fudding kidding? We should forego Rockness next year and head abroad sir.

And yes, you do come across angry much!

Gothenburg was my first holiday since a family holiday circa 2000. I need to see more places! Really want to actually.

Actually, I do think they believe it. They're a confident group and believe in themselves and their team-mates. I don't think many fans expect promotion this season, so at least they won't be under huge pressure to go up via the play-offs from the support.

You think the Dunfermline players genuinely think they can finish above Rangers?

Edited by Fudge

Belief and confidence is good, but I'm not sure what they're basing it on. We got two utter hidings in the play offs and Airdrie beat us twice last season.

And there's simply no chance we'll be able to compete with Sevco. Look at the signings they're making. Although the hilariously inept manager they have could prove interesting I suppose.

No I'm sure they do actually believe it. Apart from maybe Ryan Thomson, who thought we'd stayed up after we lost to Airdrie.

I think the players back their ability, besides I don't think there is much demand from the fan base to challenge rangers so its not exactly telling the fans what they want to hear.

Oh and there must be some form of grant we can get for employing thomson, he has zero chance of earning a wage outside of football.

I think the players back their ability, besides I don't think there is much demand from the fan base to challenge rangers so its not exactly telling the fans what they want to hear.

Lets put it down to a mix of delusion and retardedness.

Whether that's the players believing it or you believing them, I'm not sure.

Back their ability, have a word with yourself. No way do they think they will finish above Rangers. They'd be delighted if they got in the play offs.

That's the point, it's all about saying the right thing with the optimism of a new season, daring to dream and have a bit of a 'why not?'attitude. The irritating thing in the top league is that even daring to dream, and now even with even only one team to chase down, it's still seen as completely unimaginable to press on. Now a team in second (previously third) believe's they've hit the very pinnacle of what's possible. Before a ball is kicked, that's a horrendous attitude to have.

Lets put it down to a mix of delusion and retardedness.

Whether that's the players believing it or you believing them, I'm not sure.

Back their ability, have a word with yourself. No way do they think they will finish above Rangers. They'd be delighted if they got in the play offs.

Have a word with myself? Really ? They are saying we could maybe challenge them, it's very unlikely and we have a good chance of being in a relagation fight, but nothing wrong with abit of optimism.

You think the Dunfermline players genuinely think they can finish above Rangers?

Oh aye. No bother at all.

Clearly on a serious note, they do believe they can be challenging for promotion. And if that's what they believe, then fair enough - would rather they be feeling optimistic than not. However, we all know that it'll be a hell of an achievement for the Pars to be in the promotion play off places this season.

Oh aye. No bother at all.

Clearly on a serious note, they do believe they can be challenging for promotion. And if that's what they believe, then fair enough - would rather they be feeling optimistic than not. However, we all know that it'll be a hell of an achievement for the Pars to be in the promotion play off places this season.

A lower end promotion place is usally about 55 points. Rangers will finish on approx 90 points. It's the equivalent of a Rayo Vallecano players saying they can finish about Real Madrid and/or Barcelona. Everyone knows it's not going to happen so it's a mindless platitude.

It would be hilarious if Rangers finished outside the playoffs though.

I think the Pars will finish in the top half, we should still have enough about us for that. We would have beaten Alloa if Morris was playing.

Potter put the wind up the entire defence.

I'm a sucker for a bit of sabre rattling - would much rather hear the young lads saying they believe in themselves than being stereotypically downtrodden, miserable Scots. These boys represent DAFC and full marks to them for a clear statement of intent.