Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I remember him only vaguely. Didn't leave much of an impression. Better than Jamie "no goals" Mole anyway.

Yikes! Just had to google Jamie Mole there as I couldn't even picture the guy, then it all came flooding back to me. What an abomination of a player.

What was rory loy like for yous ? Hes playing as a trialist for us tomorrow and also played against forfar on tuesday and scored twice.

I thought he was ok in his brief loan spell with us. More of a wide player as Grant alludes to, and showed some decent skill. If Holt is looking at him as a direct replacement for Taylor, then I'd suggest he certainly isn't the same type of player as him.

Will be interesting to see how he does for you today.

didnt mind jamie mole myself

Thought he could've been decent if he didn't have the first touch of a rapist. He did though, resulting in him running out of pitch too frequently to be any danger.

Rory loy was almost exactly the same player as steven McDougal.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Very bright of the young clown to post pictures of it on social media and admit to criminal damage. Not the sharpest tools in the box are Falkirk fans.

As for the game, a good workout but fortunate to draw. Thought it was quite even in the first half but Falkirk edged the chances, then they dominated much of the second. Two poor goals conceded (I'm worried about defending set pieces) but we scored a fantastic equaliser through Kevin Buchan. Was good to have Morris back, and Scully made a couple of really good stops in the second half. I thought Ryan Ferguson showed up well too.

Very bright of the young clown to post pictures of it on social media and admit to criminal damage. Not the sharpest tools in the box are Falkirk fans.

As for the game, a good workout but fortunate to draw. Thought it was quite even in the first half but Falkirk edged the chances, then they dominated much of the second. Two poor goals conceded (I'm worried about defending set pieces) but we scored a fantastic equaliser through Kevin Buchan. Was good to have Morris back, and Scully made a couple of really good stops in the second half. I thought Ryan Ferguson showed up well too.

Agree re set pieces, that's one area where being so young will be a massive problem. A lot of work needs to go in there and they'll need to learn fast. That 2nd goal yesterday needs to be a one off, very naive and easily avoidable. On corners, we need to wisen up to block off runs and someone needs to attack the ball.

Any team who is looking to replace Lyle Taylor with Rory Loy is not in a position to gloat :P

The view is to replace Taylor with 2 strikers I think, 1 being Loy.

He looked quite quick, tricky and direct when he came on vs Hearts last Saturday. Hopefully see more of what he can do this week vs Falkirk.

On another thread, discussing most likely starting XI's for next season, I've chosen this (from players officially signed atm, not including current trialists)

Hvrinak

Millen

Young

Morris

Whittle

Byrne

Husband

Geggan

Falkingham

Ferguson

Wallace

Subs;

Goodfellow

Potter

Kane

Smith

Thomson

Still got good back up options too - Dargo, Fayssal, Martin. Still a very promising and competitive squad we've got. Hopefully, if/when Pars United get official confirmation of the CVA being passed and them as our new owners, most of the squad will be offered long term contracts of 2/3 years minimum. Boys like Byrne, Morris, Wallace, Smith, Falkingham and Whittle are gonna go far in their careers and if we could just tie them down for a few more years yet then we're either gonna get an extremely healthy transfer fee or have a cracking squad of young, hungry, quality players.

The futures bright at EEP - it'll be bright off it too if we can continue to stick together as one unified fan base. Together, we CAN do this.

COYP!! :):D

Strong midfield there. Would take any of those 3 central midfielders.

Surprised there hasn't been a mention about the Falkirk thugs damaging the toilets at EEP.

1 wee fanny did it, not even worth mentioning.

Agree re set pieces, that's one area where being so young will be a massive problem. A lot of work needs to go in there and they'll need to learn fast. That 2nd goal yesterday needs to be a one off, very naive and easily avoidable. On corners, we need to wisen up to block off runs and someone needs to attack the ball.

I agree completely. We need to sharpen up in those situations - our defenders need to make sure that they're tracking runners and at least making challenges from set plays. To lose goals through nobody picking up a runner could prove costly.

The view is to replace Taylor with 2 strikers I think, 1 being Loy.

Strong midfield there. Would take any of those 3 central midfielders.

1 wee fanny did it, not even worth mentioning.

Regardless if it was one or 50 doing it, it still doesn't make it right. Whether you like it or not, causing damage like that is an offence that will certainly have repurcusions for those responsible, and more than likely your club as you might get hit with a bill for repair work to be carried out.

It is also definitely worth mentioning as nuggets like these, regardless of who they support, are people we could do without at football matches.

It's not really a big issue. From what I can gather, it was a couple of wee fannies acting hard to impress their mates. They were stupid enough to post about online as well, so the authorities will have no trouble tracking them down for a word. They would probably escape being charged as there's no proof they actually did it, as they could easily deny that they did so and pass off their comments online as teenage bragging. They can still get hit with a banning order I think. That should deter others.

Edited by DA Baracus

I agree completely. We need to sharpen up in those situations - our defenders need to make sure that they're tracking runners and at least making challenges from set plays. To lose goals through nobody picking up a runner could prove costly.

Regardless if it was one or 50 doing it, it still doesn't make it right. Whether you like it or not, causing damage like that is an offence that will certainly have repurcusions for those responsible, and more than likely your club as you might get hit with a bill for repair work to be carried out.

It is also definitely worth mentioning as nuggets like these, regardless of who they support, are people we could do without at football matches.

Not saying it's right mate, just saying it was one wee fanny, don't go tarring all our support with that brush.

On another note, where does the nickname 'Pars' come from? Someone on One F suggested that it's to do with Plymouth Argyle?

Where did I tar all your support with the same brush? I know plenty of Falkirk fans who are good guys and just enjoy watching the football. However, the actions of an idiot/idiots in causing vandalism in a football stadium while supporting your club has not done Falkirk any favours, whether you like it or not. If these wee idiots end up with banning orders or whatever, then hell mend them.

As for the nickname, there are a number of theories but the most popular one is that a group of workers at Rosyth dockyard who were from Plymouth went along to a Dunfermline game and unfurled a banner with "Plymouth Argyle (Rosyth) Supporters", and the nickname of the Pars was then adopted.

Was speaking to Daniel Tobin out in Coatbridge last night. My mate, who supports Albion Rovers, the team he played for previously, introduced us because he was on trial with us for 4 weeks. He was saying he was denied a contract because our loan offer for Ryan Scully was already accepted, if I remember correctly. Asked if he was any good, from what he saw at Albion, he said he was shite. Asked what he made of Hrivnak as a player, mixed reaction. He said he is technically really good, but really dodgy, still. Apparently big Michal has put on a stone as well after the summer.

Was speaking to Daniel Tobin out in Coatbridge last night. My mate, who supports Albion Rovers, the team he played for previously, introduced us because he was on trial with us for 4 weeks. He was saying he was denied a contract because our loan offer for Ryan Scully was already accepted, if I remember correctly. Asked if he was any good, from what he saw at Albion, he said he was shite. Asked what he made of Hrivnak as a player, mixed reaction. He said he is technically really good, but really dodgy, still. Apparently big Michal has put on a stone as well after the summer.

Sounds like a bitter chap.

on another note, apparently East Fife are insisting on pay at the gate for the season opener. In some respects, a positive move, but could get a bit silly around 3 o'clock as the steamboats arive. I'd be surprised if a few aren't locked out, I'm also surprised that the police are happy with the arrangement.

Edited by gingapar