Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'm not so sure the deal on East end park is so clear cut. Saving the club is the (relatively) easy part. Purchasing the stadium will depend on Pars United (who will then be DAFC) offering more than KPMG could secure elsewhere. The development value of EEP will determine the costs of this..... may mean more digging deep for you guys if you want your own stadium to play in.

The CVA for the club is conditional on the the purchase of EEP, the bid is a joint bid and BDO and KPMG have been working closely together.

And the distribution is meant to be 0p with creditors able to claim up to £800.

Said it earlier in the thread and I'll say it again - having been there myself as an Airdrie fan, I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I felt in 2002.

Spending money you don't have is tantamount to cheating - but almost every club (and business) will do it at some point. It's only when that spending gets out of hand that it comes to people's attention - like it did with Airdrie and it's now doing with Dunfermline and Hearts.

This usually happens by the hand of inept (or corrupt) individuals, and is certainly not the fans fault. It's not fair on them to face losing their club.

Agree with most of your post but its been quite clear Dunfermline and Hearts have been overspending for years. Dunfermline from around 2000 onwards (at a guess)

I'm not so sure the deal on East end park is so clear cut. Saving the club is the (relatively) easy part. Purchasing the stadium will depend on Pars United (who will then be DAFC) offering more than KPMG could secure elsewhere. The development value of EEP will determine the costs of this..... may mean more digging deep for you guys if you want your own stadium to play in.

Those in the know (no offence) have been saying that the stadium acquisition would be relatively straightforward & the bank were previously keen for it to still be used for football.

A saving grace on that front being it is unlikely to be wanted for supermarket space and the residential market isn't booming like 10 years ago so there demand isn't there.

It will be purchased by pars united. It will involve most of the debt being written off.

I imagine if the cva is successful we will find out alot more of the details of the offer over the coming days/weeks.

thanks for that so it appears i may well be correct in saying dunfermline are securing a ground funded by the tax payer worth ?? for basically nothing

Looks like we've got a club this season! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23494323

Wouldn't jump the gun just yet tbh...

However...

Dunfermline AFC ‏@DunfermlineAFC 4m
CVA carried. Vote was overwhelmingly for and Bryan Jackson thanked creditors for their support
YYAAASSS !!!!
Edited by GordieBoy80

CVA Passed! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What a relief, we've been put through the ringer yet i am glad there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Just please don't let us ever get in that situation again.

PS for the Sevconians getting all excited about us going bust,

fUIlk.gif

CVA Passed! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What a relief, we've been put through the ringer yet i am glad there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Just please don't let us ever get in that situation again.

PS for the Sevconians getting all excited about us going bust,

fUIlk.gif

:lol:

Well done one and all. No personal love for Dunfermline but we don't need proper football clubs going under.

Congats.