Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Saw this tweet from one of the BBC journos

Chris McLaughlin‏@BBCchrismclaug8m

Bryan Jackson also tells BBC that plug likely to be pulled on Dunfermline tomorrow if CVA doesn't go through - no plan B.

I'm assuming that this is a mere formality and the chances of getting plan A through are fairly high, are you guys worried about the impending CVA or is it all plain sailing?

The next tweet said that Bryan Jackson is "hopeful" the CVA will go through - for someone not to mince his words and always say we had 50/50 chance of surviving etc, if he's confident then I feel slightly easier, but only slightly! I'm extremely nervous and I don't want the 30th of July 2013 to be the day I, alongside thousands of other Pars fans, lost their Club...but we can't do anymore now! We've done everything we can to get us this far and that's a credit to everyone involved in the last 6 months or so, but it's all down to the creditors now - predominately Masterton who has roughly 25%; with HMRC likely to reject, their 2%, plus GM's 25% will liquidate the Club if he votes against. It's all down to our former owner - will he save the Club he claims to support, or will he kill it? I so hope that in 24 hours' time we have a team; the beginning of a new era is upon us and we are celebrating victory!

Hopefully not for the last time - COYP! :):D

Could be crucial. Every vote for accepting is needed to counter a possible GM boot to the stanes.

From what I've heard, a few board members are considering abstaining, with Masterton giving his daughter power of attorney. Also been told that the CVA is 0p in the £ with the creditors able to claim back up to £800 each. Came from a reliable source in the club but could all just be hearsay!

From what I've heard, a few board members are considering abstaining, with Masterton giving his daughter power of attorney. Also been told that the CVA is 0p in the £ with the creditors able to claim back up to £800 each. Came from a reliable source in the club but could all just be hearsay!

A couple of creditors on .net have completely denied the offer is 0p in the £.

Have been told by someone who claims to be in the know regarding the Dunfermline situation that Jackson is more than hopeful provided everyone involved sticks to what has already been indicated.

Take out of that what you will. Anyway good luck tomorrow.

Looking like the pars will come out of this, unscathed and debt free with a good core of players ie, geggan, morris, falkingham, wallace, thomson and the shit but experienced potter and dargo. How any business in the town can ever deal with them again defies belief, anyway enjoy games with sevco, two peas in a pod

Looking like the pars will come out of this, unscathed and debt free with a good core of players ie, geggan, morris, falkingham, wallace, thomson and the shit but experienced potter and dargo. How any business in the town can ever deal with them again defies belief, anyway enjoy games with sevco, two peas in a pod

Hmmm.

Although I do think you have a point about local businesses trusting the club again. Frankly if I was a local business, I'd have massive reservations about it. In fact I'd flat out not work with the club. I know it will be pointed out that it was Masterton who in the main was the c**t of the piece, and that that regime will not be in any way part of the new set up, but football clubs are proving to be notoriously unreliable, and if you've lost money once, why would you take a risk? It's not worth it.

Hmmm.

Although I do think you have a point about local businesses trusting the club again. Frankly if I was a local business, I'd have massive reservations about it. In fact I'd flat out not work with the club. I know it will be pointed out that it was Masterton who in the main was the c**t of the piece, and that that regime will not be in any way part of the new set up, but football clubs are proving to be notoriously unreliable, and if you've lost money once, why would you take a risk? It's not worth it.

Not working with the club again could be counter productive with the club, as a major local entity being able to put a lot of work the way of local businesses. I would imagine most will now insist on large deposits before carrying out any work at the very least though. Credit will certainly be extremely limited and any business relationships and good faith will have to built over a very long time.

As Bryan Jackson has said, it's basically a vote between a clean slate or a f**k you (paraphrase). Either way, the creditors are getting hee haw. Do the club deserve a clean slate? Well, no, not really, but does Dunfermline deserve a football club? Here's hoping that 75% think so.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

We pretty much know that it comes down to Masterton's vote.

What i will say though is that if he or his daughter decides to vote no, they're going to have to deal with a lot of shit for the rest of their lives. If that MP thought the abuse they were receiving for not running the club properly was bad, imagine what it would be like if they killed the club.

He should man up, say he had the best intentions for the club, admit that he got it wrong and wish the supporters the best for the future, disappear and never be seen again.

If the CVA goes through, we won't be debt free. There is football debt that the new owners would take on and we would have to pay.

Nobody is happy we're in this situation, and it'll be up to the new owners of the club to build up trust within the local business community again. That is a challenge in itself.