Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Potter assistant manager to someone like Billy Reid would be good for next season - preferably now.

As said, Reid's got a decent job in Sweden. Sacking Jefferies is almost impossible due to the financial implications. The only likely way of getting someone new in is him walking away and that will not happen. Looks like we're stuck with him till the bitter end.

Edited by DAFC.

JJ will be here till the end of the season so no point in speculating.

True, but it's fun anyway.

I don't think there will ever be a time where I don't want Jim Leishman to be the Dunfermline manager.

Why on Earth would you ever agree a contract that made it financially dangerous to get rid of him?

Not dangerous but every penny is costly & getting rid of him & chasing after someone who's already in a job might prove too costly for a club relying on volunteers to get by from week to week.

We are out of pitreavie.

:D :D :D

It seems mastertons pension fund now has the lease. I would guess that we will be doing more training at dunfermline high now.

Nice! Would I be right in thinking that this truly is the end of Masterton having any involvement at all with the club now?

Nice! Would I be right in thinking that this truly is the end of Masterton having any involvement at all with the club now?

As far as i can tell, yes.

Only way I can see him being involved is if we do come to an agreement that would allow us to train at pitreavie.

I don't know what the current training arrangement are but we do need to try and have a base that complies with licensing, hopefully to a silver standard.

As far as i can tell, yes.

Only way I can see him being involved is if we do come to an agreement that would allow us to train at pitreavie.

I don't know what the current training arrangement are but we do need to try and have a base that complies with licensing, hopefully to a silver standard.

I was in 6th year at Dunfermline High a couple of years ago, and the first team were doing a lot of training on both the large astro pitch and the grass area to the side. However any recent photos posted from the team's training sessions all seem to be at Pitreavie.

DHS seems like a decent place to do their training, given the availability for both playing surfaces I'd say it's a better option than Pitreavie as well as the fact that both options at Pitreavie are very poor playing surfaces.

Edited by smpar

Not dangerous but every penny is costly & getting rid of him & chasing after someone who's already in a job might prove too costly for a club relying on volunteers to get by from week to week.

So giving the job to Potter should be fine then, seeing as he's already under contract.

edit- Hopefully that's Pitreavie shite dealt with now.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

So giving the job to Potter should be fine then, seeing as he's already under contract.

edit- Hopefully that's Pitreavie shite dealt with now.

Yes that's a fair shout, although my post was directed at those who wanted us to appoint Billy Reid.

Yes that's a fair shout, although my post was directed at those who wanted us to appoint Billy Reid.

Don't think Potter would need to be an assistant to anyone - could take over from JJ tomorrow and I think we'd be in good hands. Comes across well and the players seem to really like him.

Just because we went through admin doesn't mean that we can't take major decisions and should just be happy with constant failure.

We are not getting value for money from the current manager, it may be more cost effective to bring about a change than losing in the playoffs again and ending up part time. Despite getting 2500 fans every home game plus the centenary club money we are unable to even suggest changing the manager?

We should be lucky just drifting into finding that our level is getting beat by part time sides managed by complete diddys like Dick Campbell and Jim Duffy?

Despite this I think the prospect of having a part time side managed by Potter in the third division would appeal but there would be a large exodus of fans and it might be hard to recover from this, ever. Just look at Airdrie and Clyde.

I think the next six months will be more important than the last year, we need to go up.

Our average league attendance for this season is 2760. For a team in the third flight of Scottish Football that is a very decent amount.

We all know why we find ourselves in this position. However, to suggest we should be accepting our place at this level is simply nonsensical, as from a business standpoint, our crowds are higher than what some of the clubs in the two leagues above us would get if they were in our position.

This isn't some billy big baws statement, its simply the reality of the matter. That's why there's so much pressure on Jefferies to deliver as with the level of support we have (at the games, as well as through the centenary club) it allows him an advantage over every other manager in the league, as no other club in this division has the same level of support nor do they have 1000 fans who contribute money per month to the club.

The bit that gets me though is if we don't go up, why do we have to go part time? Our support is large enough to accommodate full time football. Going part time would be disastrous. By doing that we're never going to be anything more than a side aiming to avoid relegation from the First Division at best.

Edited by Parscelona