Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Any chance of you boys still winning the league?

Only one out of a seven team pre season accumulator that's looking dodgy. :(

Lose against Stranraer this week and I genuinely don't see us winning this league, Forfar are looking pretty to win it. The best we can hope for is a play-off victory (chortle).

He said JJ had been asked to resign and Steve Aitken was taking over.Doubful really as two lots of compensation we couldn't afford.

It might be free speech & shouldn't have been deleted.....however the guy is talking absolute horseshit.

It might be free speech & shouldn't have been deleted.....however the guy is talking absolute horseshit.

I think that's one of the problems with .net, their reaction to bs is to think they better delete rather than take the chance that somebody could believe it. Most places just let the bullshiter be called out as such.

We can't.

I think we could, it just would put even more need on going up. It would make pt a lot more likely should we fail.

Interesting tho not surprised.

So he's gone, which I think needed to happen, courier article is written as if it's a resignation, tho obviously more details are yet to come. Wonder if he'll get a off the field job?

Anyway, potter taking it on is the right choice for now and I'd be happy with it permanently, we'd be stupid not to take applications but apart from aitkin I can't see anyone out there I'd be excited about, and even then it's only worth it if we can get him for not much compensation.

In order of preference.

Aitkin

Potter

McCann

Reid

Lennon

Can't think of anyone else who would come in, and obvious doubts over aitkin and Reid due to compensation.

Board statement on cows, Potts got the job for rest of the season, as I said we should have taken applications but i suppose it's possible JJ only stepped down if he or McCann got the job.

This now puts us needing a 20s coach, going with 3 coaches was already a push , 2 would be too much. Candidates for that I suppose are Moffat and perhaps dargo depending on his Berwick contract. Maybe bring in someone as player-coach.

To be honest I can't see that this will make a blind bit of difference.It's just changing to make it look like a change.Same management minus the head honcho and the same players.

Yet we could all name numerous examples of a new manager turning teams around.

Under Stephen Kenny we were drifting towards the 2nd Division. We punted him, gave Jim McIntyre the job, and finished a comfortable 4th.

Sad to see JJ go but I think it was the right call in the end. I wish JJ all the best in the future. Potts taking over - hopefully it's the right decision, I don't think.we need massive changes to start playing well and winning games. If JP can make the small tweaks required then I think we will pick up form pretty quickly tbh.

It's good to see Wallace back playing, and scoring, today for the U20s vs Aberdeen, too.

Correct decision for Jefferies to go. He's now gone having succeeded very little at the club and failed numerous times, however no Pars fans will forget his contribution to keeping the club alive.

Hopefully Potter will turn things around, he seems to get a good reaction from the players and has done excellent work with the youngsters recently, particularly in recent weeks.