Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Inverness, Ross County, Hamilton show what can be done on very limited budgets and being sensible.

Annoys me a little that County and ICT missed out on having to build crazy sized stadiums and build temporary pishy wee stands and get to spend the money on the pitch while clubs like us, Killie and Saint Johnstone had to shell out for white elephants.

I think that's one of the reasons they progressed so quickly while other clubs have stood still.

Why/how are we a 'bigger' club than them?

I think it was pretty apparent that you were on the wind up when you said that sides that play in a higher league are bigger than those playing in a lesser league. If not, its a ridiculous point considering the two Edinburgh sides and Rangers are in the Championship and those are three of the five biggest sides in the country.

In other news, Chemin has left the club as Potter says the club is not in the position to keep players with potential and rather we require players who are ready for the first team. Shame to see him go as by all accounts he done well with the U20s, yet we just need to see who Potter brings in.

I agree. Chemin has potential but the correct decision for him to go, IMO. It frees up another wage for us to strengthen in a more needed area. Interestingly, JP is looking for a player/coach to also come in to take over the running of the U20s. Moreover, Potts is also saying he's spoken to players about leaving - whether it be permanently or on loan - as well as speaking to guys like Byrne, Smith and Millen to try get more out of them. January sounds like its going to be an interesting watch to see who comes in and who goes, because, as is said in the article, the squad is going to be "freshened up".

More fans, more impressive history, bigger potential. Would you say Hull City are a bigger club than Leeds United?

I don't know why you're so hung up on this though? It is, after all, totally meaningless.

More impressive history? So Queens Park are a bigger club than us then? A lot of our history was achieved through cheating as well, rendering it utterly meaningless.

More potential? We're languishing in 4th place in League 1. We can only dream of being able to sign some of the players Inverness have had. We will most likely never come close to producing the talent Hamilton do.

More fans? Who cares? Why does that matter? Give it a couple of years and if we're still in this division we'll see how many fans we get. Inverness get more home fans than we do anyway.

More impressive history? So Queens Park are a bigger club than us then? A lot of our history was achieved through cheating as well, rendering it utterly meaningless.

More potential? We're languishing in 4th place in League 1. We can only dream of being able to sign some of the players Inverness have had. We will most likely never come close to producing the talent Hamilton do.

More fans? Who cares? Why does that matter? Give it a couple of years and if we're still in this division we'll see how many fans we get. Inverness get more home fans than we do anyway.

I didn't realise our two Scottish Cup wins and European adventures were done through cheating? Please do give very precise details and I'll allow the club to alter the history books to acknowledge this new development. If you're talking about the Masteron era Cup Finals, then I assume every club that's ever done anything while in debt doesn't count?

We have more potential because if we are doing well then we will get more fans through the gates. More fans means more money which in turn means better players, better facilities. Which is of course why the over-spending of the last decade or so was so daft. We're not going to be Scotland's third force but if we hadn't went daft with the cash then there is no reason we shouldn't be a regular in the top flight.

We either get fans who still think we should be challenging for 3rd in the SPL or the exact opposite like you who can't talk about the club without seeming angry/deranged.

Ugwu released also. Slightly surprised by that, I thought he was good enough for an extension until the end of the season, but I'll wait and see who JP brings in before being overly disappointed with this decision.

Thanks to Gozie though for all his effort and commitment since joining the club and I wish him all the best in the future.

Is the laddie likely to have been a big earner? Seems a strange decision.

(As for your big team discussion, surely you have to put a statute of limitations on successes? After all, East Fife have a Scottish Cup and three League Cups, and they're definitely not a big team.)

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

Potter has a really difficult job on his hands, how do you improve the form of several players with four or five maybe just not being good enough for this level?

Ugwu on his day was far better than Smith and Chemin looked as effective as Stirling albeit with limited exposure.

Millen shouldn't be anywhere near the team IMHO. Forbes, needs to go. Moffat is a waste of a wage. Stirling the same. Page and Martin look suspect but also have potential. Geggan is either unfit or uninterested.

Ideally we need cover for right back when Williamson is out. A striker, will probably get a targetman. A right winger. An experienced centre half and an experienced central midfielder. When the chips are down we seem to lack a real leader, someone like a Hardie or Darren Dods type figure who will win the headers at corners or set pieces and organise others to do the same. We are far, far too soft and easily bullied for a full time team. We should be bullying other teams and also should be fitter. Not losing daft goals and midfield battles.

Full time has been a total waste of time and money. Potter and McCann have to take some of the blame for this too.

It will take a lot to convince me that we are going to win the league. We lack bottle, fight, character, experience and any flair.

It's a disgrace that Forfar and Straraer are ahead of us on the budgets they have.

When you have a good squad that ain't playing as a unit, it ain't going to work. Look at Stranraer. They don't have the best individuals in this league but when they play as a unit they are decent. Time to take a leaf out their book.

Yay, another moaning rant from DAFC

On chemin and gozie, i agree we don't have time to wait and see with chemin and he's far from the finished article as its stands so letting him go makes sense, gozie it depends on who comes in but i can understand it, its frustrating that we've seen him at his best and rip teams to shreds one week and then look likes he's never kicked a ball before the next. Unfortunately we've probably seen more of the later and that combined with some injuries and a need to strengthen other areas has probably been enough to see him released.

We lack bottle, fight, character, experience and any flair.

What an utter bag of shit. What we lack is confidence.

Are fans still trying to push the lie that we are a team full of young, inexperienced players?