Walking Down The Halbeath Road

McCann is either there during the week and on a Saturday putting his coaching into practise or isn't there at all. Just an opinion.

It's the same thing about captains in a team. Folk will go on about how it doesn't matter, but a captain is there to reinforce the tactics and organisation outset from the manager on the pitch. Someone to be the glue of the team. If they didn't matter they wouldn't exist in football and neither would assistant managers.

By all accounts he'll be away in the summer anyway so he'll have all the time in the world to pundit for SKY.

McCann issue is a total red herring. I'd prefer him to do one or the other but I understand his position and don't think it has much, if anything, to do with our struggles this season.

About time some of the players started taking responsibility for their own failings. Still all seem to believe they'll get promoted somehow and then we inevitably finish 5th/6th they'll all be so shocked and disappointed. Need to wake up and start showing they deserve to be full-time players.

McCann not being there will have virtually no practical implications in the team (infact if his punditry is anything to go by him not being there will probably benefit them!) but I do get why people might not like the signal it gives out. Particularly at a full-time club. If I was a player I doubt I'd listen to someone who saw his coaching job as less important.

As has been mentioned though, if Dunfermline were winning no-one would care.

100% agree. My comment was blown way out of proportion it's not really the actual footballing issue more the commitment and setting an example issue.

Couldn't give toss if he turns up all week, it's his job not as if it's a big thing.

It just annoys me now we are struggling for some reason.

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast last night with Gregor Buchanan - CLICK.

He talks about his career so far, from the juniors to signing for Dunfermline Athletic. He also talks a bit about his time at Airdrie so there's something in there for everyone.

Does he mention his stamp collection?

He talks about his career so far, from the juniors to signing for Dunfermline Athletic. He also talks a bit about his time at Airdrie so there's something in there for everyone.

Really enjoyed that interview, thanks for posting the link.

Gregor is a really nice guy and he comes across as that in the interview - I've been really impressed with him overall at the Pars this season and I hope he is with us next season too as I believe he will continue to improve in the future.

On a side note, congratulations to Gregor's regular CB partner, Lewis Martin, for getting called up - once again - to the Scotland U19s. He'll miss the home match vs Morton on the 28th of March, though, due to being away with the squad for their Elite Round group matches. Nonetheless, a terrific achievement by Lewis for being called up for his country.

Shite intro music aside a good interview.

Can I just say that the new COPA rendition of the 95-96 champions top is a fucking beauty. That is all.

My first ever Pars top. Will definitely be getting bought.

Haven't yet listened but I know it will be a cracker. Cheers for this, delighted to see the move into regular podcasts.