Walking Down The Halbeath Road

My Mum changed all my VHS tapes to DVDs for my Christmas and I just watched "Champions" again such a before I head off to the airport. Still such a good watch, although it seemed to last longer when I was a kid! Had a bit of a tear up with the Norrie stuff as always and pump of the fist when Petrie scores at Tannadice.

All in all, it made me think even less of the bunch of absolute goobers we have wearing the Pars shirt these days. They'd be lucky to clean those guys boots.

My dad is a pars fan and he took me to quite a few games and I remember that team, good to watch. Unfortunately Andy tod wasn't half the player he used to be by the time he came to Herts! Also, didn't mind Petrie until he halfed Craig levein which ended his career. Bert Patons a good c**t despite his Shite taste in baseball caps!

Some fogged memories here although the sleeve for the Champions video doesn't help by falsely stating the car crash was 95/96 when in fact it happened the previous season. From memory I think Petrie, Marc Millar, Allan Moore and Mark McCulloch were involved.

Doesn't take away the fact the top is minted though.

There was a lot to deal with. Losing Andy Smith for a good chunk of the season, the car crash and Norrie's death, as well as the media continually questioning the team's bottle (especially after that loss to Hamilton near the end of the season).

5050261257a6627979853l.jpg

So for next season we're currently looking at...

Airdrie (barring an unlikely Brechin collapse)

Albion Rovers

Dunfermline

Peterhead

Stenhousemuir/Ayr

Would like to see Stranraer and Morton both go up. Not really fussed who comes down from the Championship, although the prospect of having to go to Central Park sends shivers down the backs of every Scottish football fans bodies.

Leaning towards Stenhousemuir hopefully avoiding the play offs, as despite Ayr being our bitches, Stenhousemuir is a relatively close game and if Ayr went down, it would be one less trip to the west. Arbroath coming back up in their place would be decent.

Never been to Albion Rovers so can hopefully get that chalked off, along with Peterhead and Brechin who I've missed again this season.

Could easily accept never having to go to Central Park ever again.

Wont probably meet you lot again until your a little part time team in League 1 punching above your weight In a few years time, but having said that your doing that just now as a full time team.

Wont probably meet you lot again until your a little part time team in League 1 punching above your weight In a few years time, but having said that your doing that just now as a full time team.

You think you're going to stay up in the Championship for a few more years? You'll be lucky to stay up this season.

Also great to see that Cowden fans still get upset whenever an opposing fan mentions their 'football stadium'.

Complete and utter disaster on the pitch since admin probably deserved but next season we need to get it right.

If Potter stays then I can't see many fans doing similar. There's some decent talent there but we need to get rid of the majority.

If I ever see a formation of three holding midfielders and a winger I'm walking out at kick off.

Complete and utter disaster on the pitch since admin

That's simply untrue. Last season for the vast majority we were very good. It was only once we'd secured 2nd place that we started turning in shite performances.

If Potter stays then I can't see many fans doing similar.

Maybe its just my interpretation of the statement, yet i reckon it indicates that Potter's not going to be in charge next season.

The fact they have even released a statement (which i argued that they should have) shows that they're aware that the fans aren't happy with the management team. Secondly, they have expressed that they're "deeply disappointed with the league position" and that "a full review and assessment process is already under way", which suggests that they're looking at candidates for the job.

Swings and roundabouts. . .I miss the Derby :( Hopefully we meet in one of the cups next season.

To think that what is (in my lifetime anyway) the worst Pars team of all time...still managed to beat Raith. :lol: