Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Wot! no Grant Murray in that list - a man with an outstanding CV? 3 seasons experience at championship level, with regular cup runs and a trophy to boot? :o

Please give him a chance, you'll gladden many a Raith supporter's heart :)

Look we're all speculating, the only thing we can really go off is the latest bookies odds, which have MacPherson at the shortest odds of any of the managers that have so far been linked to the post.

Next season presents the opportunity for a fresh start for the club. I feel like a broken record here yet we should be aiming for a young manager with experience of being successful in this league; the likes of Adams, Aitken, Bollan and Johnston would be good choices that would give us a bit of positivity going into next season. The likes of Aitken and Bollan have both recently spoken about the appeal of managing a full time club.

However, the elephant in the room is Potter. He's admitted in his post match interview that he's going to be assistant manager next season. A new manager won't be able to bring in his own assistant, which is likely to rule out the above names. The suggestion of MacPherson makes a lot of sense as Potter was his captain at St Mirren, yet that is the major problem, we would be appointing someone whose not as good as those who we could get, yet instead hiring him on the basis that he's pals with Potter. If this is truly the approach that the board are taking, then it won't go down well IMO.

If only Potter would go and water the plants with McCoist...

Edited by Parscelona

Every time no problems until you know who arrives onto a thread. Go figure.

What a drama queen you really are. If you continue to post garbage I will continue to call you up for it. You're the one who says this is a free speech forum. Are we not allowed to disagree with you and your merry band?

Potter pre match ramble

Potter post match audio

Sample quote from Potter - and Pesadilla, be careful not to fall off your chair or break a rib laughing at this one:

"I think I have learned a lot about what it takes to win this league" :unsure:

and

players who are out of contract.....I have talked to them all over the past two days and basically told them my thoughts on what I think and what I will be reporting to the new manager about certain players" :shutup

Save yourself the bother of clicking the links - as manager and now assistant manager/head coach it's a worrying, havering, drooling car crash.

He signed five players? six if you count the non-scoring loan striker? Only Hopkirk is a regular so if his ratio of spotting a first team player is one in six, why would the new manager want to take his advice?

I will lose the plot if we appoint MacPherson, why in God's name is he the favourite?! He's a terrible manager!

Why do you say that, ? Gary Naismith at East Fife and others have acknowledged they are the best football playing side in league 2. If you don't want him, I would love him to come to Cowden.

You can have Jimmy Nic !

It's natural to see MacPherson's name linked, given he signed Potter for St Mirren and made him captain.

Yes, his style of play wasn't pleasing on the eye there but he got them out of the First Division and managed to keep them up in the SPL until he left - and lets not forget, in their first season, relegated us.

He was a bit of a disaster at QoS right enough but by all accounts he's got QP playing some good stuff, and to take a team from 9th(?) last season to second and in the promotion mix is a good effort.

There's going to be plenty of interest in the job, but it is important the board not only assess the candidates fully, but they should look to try and make an appointment relatively soon. With so many players out of contract this month, he'll need to assess what he has, if there's players he wants to keep and start looking to bring his own in. The sooner that happens before they get down to work in pre-season, the better.

Don't know why this is still being discussed. It will be Dick.

Prepare to give him your full backing.

Nope. If it is him I won't be at any home games until he leaves. I wasn't at any this season mind, but that was for different reasons. I plan to go to a few next season but I will stick to away games only if it's Campbell.

Heard from a good source that JJ was getting undermined by Leishman and that he's a bit poisonous for the club.

Young players think they are better than they are and don't listen.

I love the man so was a bit surprised by this.

Reflecting back on the board statement, some things become apparent.

First is that the board pretty much assumed we'd win promotion. As the cliche goes, nothing is ever certain in football/life. It seems they looked at the form we showed in the majority of last season and assumed it would be replecated, either ignoring the bedshitting that the team displayed towards the end of the season or dismissing it as a blip. It's either arrogance or naiveity to have assumed we'd get promotion. That they budgeted on it being a certainty was foolish and hinted at an unearned pride that they didn't want to damage.

They clearly panicked when it became clear our poor start to this season was not a blip, and sacked Jefferies. I thought it was the correct call at the time and so did most, although some will try and claim otherwise. We all knew Potter was being trained by Jefferies to take over and it was always the plan that he would, albeit at the end of the season. Again some Pars fans are trying to rewrite history here and say otherwise. I didn't have an issue with Potter taking over and on the whole it was taken fairly positively.

We all know what happened. The board showed their hand again when it allowed Potter to bring in 5 guys in January. Their panic made them decide to dip in to the cash reserves for this to happen, further stretching a budget that was looking more foolish by the week.

Budgeting on cup games again showed their misplaced confidence in the team. They shouldn't be budgeting on any cup games at all. This mistake is unforgivable and I'll be demanding answers to it at the Q&A.

I think there was perhaps a refusal to accept our place and build from there by the board. I hope they've learned and act accordingly. That they say they will entertain having some part time players suggests they are getting it.

I feel the board have done some good things. They actually listen to the fans and are much more approachable, open and honest. The set up prematch is widely popular among fans. They are minimising costs in other areas. They genuinely want to be an inclusive club.

I think because these guys running the club are the 'good guys' (and I don't doubt they are), they've had an easy ride (I'm just as guilty of this as most) as someone else said on the thread. I'm still behind them but they have to be held to account over things and we have to be more vigilant of what they do and challenge them if we have a concern. D.A.F.C. is right when he says there are a section of fans who will shout down any criticism of or challenge to the board. Unless it's to a piece of shit like ron trying to cause trouble, that's unacceptable and needs to be stamped out.

The board are inexperienced at running at football club and still learning, and so, because I believe they are on the right path and really care about the club, I can forgive them for most mistakes.

But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be challenged and that questions shouldn't be asked.

Edited by DA Baracus