Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Awaiting the Ayr fans arrival on this thread to post laughing smileys and gifs tbh.

Wasn't convinced by him in any of the games against Ayr last season, although he hasn't conceded a goal in the three pre-season games against East Fife, Partick or Livi, yet judging by reports, he hasn't had much to do in those games as the defence has been really solid.

We still need another goalkeeper though.

Good shot stopper but terrible at collecting crosses and doesn't command his box. He can also go through spells of very bad form and confidence but I wish him the best. Fleming didn't have a great time at Pars but seems to have done well at stenny and doing well with us so it just goes to show that Keepers can perform differently at different clubs.

The thing that impressed me most on Saturday was the command of his area. From where I was standing, we were defending the goal nearest myself in the first half and he came and collected a couple of long balls confidently and made sure the defence knew it was his. Also, he was rarely called into action but the twice he was required to make saves - both, IMO at least, reaction saves from snap shots - he dealt with both situations well and it showed his concentration level was to a reasonable standard. His distribution isn't great from what I've seen, but that's not a big issue for me right now; Ryan Scully wasn't great at kicking when he arrived but it improved over time with a lot of practise - now that Hutton is back FT, that may help him improve in this area. We needed at least one experienced goalkeeper come in this season and he is certainly in that category. I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in another goalkeeper so there is no guarantee Hutton is our #1 but as always, I'll support them every time they wear the Pars strip. Welcome to the club, David, all the best! ????????

Edited by dafcburty

As mentioned before, we won the league with Scully, we'll be alright.

Ayr managed to get into the playoffs with him aswell, and with Roberts as a manager.

Unfortunately we didn't win the league with scully, we were meant to and he did perform to that standard, but nobody else did.

Obviously you mean smith.

It would prove no shock at all if he goes here and looks a different player under a different manager.

Equally, it would be no shock if he was an utter bombscare and cost you the league.