Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, DBA said:

Who's heading up to Buckie at the weekend?

Missed the last tie so I'll be heading up this time. Any decent boozers near the ground?

Me and yes.

The Thistle Bar is where most folk went to last time, and I can confirm it's a decent bar with a good selection on tap and lots of bottles and spirits. Has a big TV although since it's international weekend I doubt games will be on. There's also a chippy directly across the street from it too. No more than a 7 minute or so stumble to the ground from my hazy recollections.

Heard that Bar in the Square is decent as well. It's just along the road from the Thistle.

As Salvo says there is indeed a bar at the ground, and it's a pretty decent one.

On 12/07/2017 at 23:49, roman_bairn said:

Why do you think it's a wind up? I'd agree that an isolated defeat probably means nothing but you lot have had four consecutive thumpings.

You can carry on believing there's no issue and it will all be all right on the night. Personally I rather suspect that there's a more serious underlying issue and I would be a bit concerned if we were so underprepared looking.

lol

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Any signing drama today for Pars? Deadline day usually means fek all for us but there's still a wee bit of imbalance about the squad. 5 decent strikers but little cover in the middle or RB. Hoppy or Smith put on loan maybe? 

Deadline day won't really effect us as it doesn't extend to loan signings and free agents, and I doubt we've got any more money to spend on signings like Andy Ryan. 

If we loan out a player, I'd expect someone on loan or free coming in otherwise we're leaving ourselves short. Personally, I wouldn't mind Hopkirk going on loan and a central midfielder coming in as cover. 

AJ says young Paul Allan is going to Stenhousemuir, one or two other 'young' players 'might' be going out on loan as well. 'Never say never' in terms of brining anyone in before midnight but, as DAFC. says, deadline day ending doesn't necessarily mean no more signings.