Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I think it's harsh on Martin too. Great player, why can't we try utilize his baller skills?!

Cos he's not actually that good

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

What's the script with Andy Ryan? Notice he's not getting a game.

Injured just now. Was becoming a regular started 

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

What's the script with Andy Ryan? Notice he's not getting a game.

Injured - one of our 8 player who have been under the knife this season. Also had a howler of a miss against Falkirk

We have a load of players of similar ability who can do a job but very few match winners. We could get get rid of half the squad and barely notice.

Keena, beadling and higgy are probably the only players we would miss. If we want to kick on and make the (right)play-offs then I reckon we need another 3 of similar ability in the starting 11 and if we could get that we can afford to lose 6/7 squad players the make it affordable. Chances of making that happen are slim.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Harsh on Louis Longridge I think. I'd keep him and play him up with Keena.

But aye, folk thinking any players under contract will be moving on next month are most likely very much mistaken.

I'd like to see us try that but I can't see AJ doing it, thought he looked great in a 10 role just behind the strikers when we played a 352,but absolutely woeful as a winger. Now we've reverted to 442/433 I'm not sure where we'd play him. 

Throwing names out there but what about Armstrong? Obviously didn't do much last time, but he seems to have really kicked on with first team football, pacy winger, already playing full time football so wouldn't need to adjust, contract is up in January and he's not signed an extension, plays just along the road.... 

Ticks allot of boxes. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Harsh on Louis Longridge I think. I'd keep him and play him up with Keena.

But aye, folk thinking any players under contract will be moving on next month are most likely very much mistaken.

How about this as a possibility: Longridge back to us next month to free up a wage to allow you to re-sign Cardle? 

Martin out and Cardle in plus a striker.

Is Scott McDonalds retired now? We need a penalty box striker who can lead the line and has experience. Clark was excellent for us and got booed almost every week. Hopefully now people realise just how good he was. I’m not sure the long ball situation is helping either tbh.

Its a bit of a shambles for AJ to ask for another striker when he has Fais, Ryan, Keena, Smith plus guys who can play up top like Hippo, Longridge and two or three others. Why not play to their strengths?

39 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How about this as a possibility: Longridge back to us next month to free up a wage to allow you to re-sign Cardle? 

Tempting, but extreme pettiness means I don't want to see you lot improve

24 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Martin out and Cardle in plus a striker.

Is Scott McDonalds retired now? We need a penalty box striker who can lead the line and has experience. Clark was excellent for us and got booed almost every week. Hopefully now people realise just how good he was. I’m not sure the long ball situation is helping either tbh.

Its a bit of a shambles for AJ to ask for another striker when he has Fais, Ryan, Keena, Smith plus guys who can play up top like Hippo, Longridge and two or three others. Why not play to their strengths?

Aye he's retired now. Doubt he'd come to us even if he wasn't!

I don't think we need another striker. We need to start providing better service to who we have. I don't think the manager has stated he wants another one anyway.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We can't recall him until January at the earliest but given he's hardly been banging them in while on loan (or even playing - 8 appearances for Abroath, with only 3 of them starts) I'm not sure what difference he'd make to a struggling team.

As I said, he can't do any worse and on the off chance it works then it's a cheap way to help the team out.

McCann has been on the bench quite a lot this year. What about giving him more appearances from the bench at least? He's been doing alright for the reserves and scored a few in the preseason friendlies.

Although it's unfair to heap such pressure/expectations on such young guys.

Not being funny but what about Nicky coming back is he injured at the moment or frozen out as he's not even been making the bench. I assume the Americans will put their hands in their pockets in January and maybe add a quality striker and who knows he might be free to come back?

I think Smith is the obvious option to play up front and have McCann out on loan. I think Cardle would be a good move for AJ, it would fill a hole in his squad and also play well with the fans and probably help Stevie Crawford out

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I really liked the centre mid in ore season, young lad. Can't even remember his name though. 

What that the guy Todd, he did look like a good wee player however we are full of CM's at the moment.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would Clark come back?! Mental suggestion. Surely you aren't being serious with that?

He's injured and not being frozen out.

Come back to play for his dad which he clearly enjoyed don't think its too "mental" to suggest that if United splashed some cash on better players and he found himself further down the pecking order, already behind Safranko and McMullan, then he might be tempted (if he was free to do so) join a team where he would be playing every week.

Had only seen that he had been out for a month didn't know why but if he's injured then fair enough.

ETA Just read he's going to be out for 3 more weeks and then Robbie wants him back in the starting XI so you were indeed correct that there is no chance of him coming back to us.

Only other option I can think of might be trying to get the young guy Celtic are using at the moment, I assume they will spend big in January to really strengthen their team and might be tempted to put him out on loan as he would ordinarily be behind Leigh and Eduard and he needs game time to develop.

Edited by Adam101