Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I’ll never forget the feeling when BMMMH scored that free-kick.
We were in the North East and everyone rushed to the front of the stand and it felt like I was floating.
Remember everyone singing “We will be on Fifa 12” and knowing the title was ours. Next week at Cappielow was class too, in a different way.
I hope we fill out the ground for our next home game like we did that day and get the club some much needed moolah.
The most amazing thing about the Hardie free kick (and I think you can pick it up on the highlights) is that there was a lot of noise in the run up to the free kick (wanting the player booked, the wall not being back 10 yairds etc.) but just before Hardie started his run up, the crowd suddenly went quiet. It made the cacophony of noise after the ball went in even louder.

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I hope we fill out the ground for our next home game like we did that day and get the club some much needed moolah.

If, and that's a big IF, we get any games before the start of next season, then fans should be rallying around to get EEP full to capacity. Once it's confirmed, of course. 

I'd be tempted to start a FB event as they can get a good bit of attention if enough people share it on their timelines. Plus, a lot of people will be chomping at the bit to get back to watching live football. Definitely do-able. 

We had some fantastic players then. However the fact Chris Smith, Alex kiddie and Chris Higgins played in that game shows it was far from perfect.  Those guys got very lucky to share a changing room with hardie, cardle, mason etc
Higgins was good in the run in IMO, gets a raw deal of it from our support at times.

21 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Highlights from Martin Hardie Never Ten Yairds game up on youtube from the club’s official page. Christ, we played some absolutely phenomenal football that season. On the game itself, we absolutely smashed Raith that first half and should have been about 3 or 4 up.

Over 11000 at that game. Will live long in the memory. I was so f*cking nervous at the start, electric atmosphere, best ive experienced at East End....bettered only by Scotland vs Italy that time where there was a palpable buzzing. 

Details of a fighting fund to come out soon. Lifeline is a great help which spreads the income but I think this a good way to get some instant cash coming in.

Now that pubs and restaurant have been closed I'll just donate a months beer money.

Details of a fighting fund to come out soon. Lifeline is a great help which spreads the income but I think this a good way to get some instant cash coming in.
Now that pubs and restaurant have been closed I'll just donate a months beer money.
I hope you're a borderline alki
[emoji6]

8 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
22 hours ago, parsforlife said:
We had some fantastic players then. However the fact Chris Smith, Alex kiddie and Chris Higgins played in that game shows it was far from perfect.  Those guys got very lucky to share a changing room with hardie, cardle, mason etc

Higgins was good in the run in IMO, gets a raw deal of it from our support at times.

Higgins was decent. Was pretty solid. Even Chris Sieve was mostly decent, although prone to the odd clanger (like in the game in question!). He was massively out of his depth in the SPL though, as was Keddie.

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Government paying 80% of wages up to £2,500 per month and open to all companies irrespective of sector. That should help pay the players, coaches and other staff and will hopefully keep the wolves from the door. Who knew we'd be happy with the Tories?

That would be fantastic if there are no hidden strings attached, but I don't trust those c***s one bit.  

We still need to provide a minimum 20% of our wage bill with nearly no income still. Good to see fans rallying behind the club again.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Government paying 80% of wages up to £2,500 per month and open to all companies irrespective of sector. That should help pay the players, coaches and other staff and will hopefully keep the wolves from the door. Who knew we'd be happy with the Tories?

Ruth Davidson is a Pars fan. She's obviously had a word in the PM's ear.

Shame the word wasn't 'c**t!' mind.

16 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

That would be fantastic if there are no hidden strings attached, but I don't trust those c***s one bit.  

We still need to provide a minimum 20% of our wage bill with nearly no income still. Good to see fans rallying behind the club again.

That's unlikely. Govt are hoping employers will make up the other 20% if they can afford to. They aren't obliged to. If people are laid off then they may have to make do with 80% salary. Given they have nothing they can actually spend it on outside of grocery then they'll be fine.

Should we survive this, and I'm oddly optimistic that we will, the club need to make some changes.

First they need to setting aside a portion of income each year to build up a fund for things like this (although hopefully we'll never see something like this again but an exponentially increasing population makes that seem unlikely) but also for times when games are called off and revenue is lost when it's played midweek etc. If that means the manager gets less of a budget then tough, and if it means some seasons when we'll struggle then also tough.

Second the club need to try and get out of East End. Sad to say but it's a millstone now. The running costs must outweigh what it brings in, or at least negate much of it generates (although I don't know figures so could be wrong). It isn't suitable for our needs. It sits over half empty on the vast majority of match days. Of course it's easy to say this and there are many very difficult challenges, some of which might not be possible to overcome, financial chief among them, but if we could we should sell East End and, somehow, get a smaller stadium, somewhere. It should have standing (not 'safe standing' as that's clearly a con) in places for those who want it.

Total pie in the sky stuff probably but it needs to be looked at to consider the feasibility. Sentiment unfortunately does not negate the financial negatives.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Point 1. I do agree some sort of reserve would be helpful(we had about 250k for a while but that’s seems to have been spent)  but problem with having funds like that sitting there is the second things don’t look great on the pitch people are going to want it spent on players or sacking the manager.

on east end, the club don’t own it and the lease in place is very favorable to the club.  Should the mythical offer come in that makes it worth selling then we’ll get a new stadium but I’m not entirely sure on what the specifics of that requirement is.

There’s not so people willing to pay big for land anymore now the supermarkets are more reluctant to spend and there’s cheaper/easier places for home building in the area. 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Point 1. I do agree some sort of reserve would be helpful(we had about 250k for a while but that’s seems to have been spent)  but problem with having funds like that sitting there is the second things don’t look great on the pitch people are going to want it spent on players or sacking the manager.

on east end, the club don’t own it and the lease in place is very favorable to the club.  Should the mythical offer come in that makes it worth selling then we’ll get a new stadium but I’m not entirely sure on what the specifics of that requirement is.

There’s not so people willing to pay big for land anymore now the supermarkets are more reluctant to spend and there’s cheaper/easier places for home building in the area. 

Re point 1, agree, could see folk doing that. But we need to have folk strong enough to say 'no'.

Yeah, point 2 is fair. There are loads of challenges around that, most very difficult. But it needs to be considered, even if it's just they look at it and see that it isn't viable (maybe they already have?).