Walking Down The Halbeath Road

23 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Is Williams here next year? I have a nasty feeling he is. 

Hopefully will pivot towards GK coach in the summer 

ETA with Chris Coleman as head coach

Edited by 101

An absolute disgrace tonight. Both ourselves and Dundee would be up and challenging against Hearts this year had either of us had a competent manager in charge. Raith had the sense to appoint someone tried and tested when Falkirk decided to appoint McCracken and Miller.

This ridiculous fad of giving former players their first crack at management has caused more clubs than ourselves this season and as a result Rovers have been able to capitalise on teams with bigger budgets just by appointing someone who knows what they are actually doing.

Crawford has to go now.

Crawford is highly regarded as a coach and, before he was appointed manager, I thought “Well, who knows maybe he has something to offer” but that is quite evidently not the case. He’s clearly a man that can’t manage teams. It is a massive difference between coaching and management.

Not entirely against the idea of Levein to steady the ship and make us at least fucking competitive until the end of the season, but would rather get someone in that can get used to his surroundings and prepare for a title challenge next season. Stewart Petrie is the man.

I think Crawford can get away with being a cautious defensive manager. That's not good enough for teams looking for promotion.

The last two games and a couple other games, he's tried going two up top and the whole team goes to pot. He doesn't have a clue on how to set a team out to attack and keep a decent shape.

That was the worst I've seen since the season we came 7th in league 1. If the board don't act before Saturday , then their time should be up too.

I think Crawford can get away with being a cautious defensive manager. That's not good enough for teams looking for promotion.
The last two games and a couple other games, he's tried going two up top and the whole team goes to pot. He doesn't have a clue on how to set a team out to attack and keep a decent shape.
That was the worst I've seen since the season we came 7th in league 1. If the board don't act before Saturday , then their time should be up too.
Sack the Germans!

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
39 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Sack the Germans!

Germans are not the dominant force on the board as yet. The current guys have done well in the recovery of the club after admin but not taking it forward in the championship.  I can't see how they can keep Crawford on after this.

I think the board need to be seriously talking about who takes on the job in the summer.   Crawford leaving is inevitable but I don’t think we’ll gain much letting him go now,  by the time someone else comes in and gets their ideas across the season will be just about over.

As for Crawford,  IMO he has felt the need to score more goals, and in recent weeks that has involved throwing more attacking players into the starting line up, but without giving them a game plan,   Result is we are still not offering enough in attack, tho now we are defending badly on top. Worst of both worlds.  I think we’d be best go back to a midfield 5 and try and get a foothold in games again.  I know that’s not going to be popular but it’s probably our best chance of getting points until the end of the season.  It might not be the best way for us to play,  but it will be the best way for us to play until we have someone who can organize our attack.  

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think the board need to be seriously talking about who takes on the job in the summer.   Crawford leaving is inevitable but I don’t think we’ll gain much letting him go now,  by the time someone else comes in and gets their ideas across the season will be just about over.

As for Crawford,  IMO he has felt the need to score more goals, and in recent weeks that has involved throwing more attacking players into the starting line up, but without giving them a game plan,   Result is we are still not offering enough in attack, tho now we are defending badly on top. Worst of both worlds.  I think we’d be best go back to a midfield 5 and try and get a foothold in games again.  I know that’s not going to be popular but it’s probably our best chance of getting points until the end of the season.  It might not be the best way for us to play,  but it will be the best way for us to play until we have someone who can organize our attack.  

Got to disagree. We were in a similar rut under Davie Hay with less games  and a change of management saved our season with 3 games to go.

This team has lost it in a similar way. We still have good players and in a position to turn it around and get in the play-off. A fresh face with different ideas could give everybody a lift. Even if it's a job for the last few games.

Edited by Chubbychops

Change of manager needs to happen now. There is no way Crawford can keep his job after that tonight.

Leishman saved us with 3 games to go in 2005. Things CAN be turned around, but it would take something quite spectacular. I’m more hoping a new man comes in soon to start getting the wheels in motion for a proper go at it next season.

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:
2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:
Always be the wee team though

Not the time for that chat.

Ach cut him some slack as  its the best he can come up with

must be doubly embarrassing for him to be reemed by the so called we team though

Trying to think if I’ve ever felt more embarrassed to call myself a Dunfermline than after tonight. 5-0 defeat to Hamilton Accies at home, 2-1 defeat to the Icelandic fishermen and League One 7th place finish probably the worst I have ever felt as far as I recall. This definitely feels similar. Wasn’t around, thankfully, for the dark days of the early to mid 80s. This must be a teddybear’s picnic for the stalwarts that stuck it out in them days.

Change of manager needs to happen now. There is no way Crawford can keep his job after that tonight.

Leishman saved us with 3 games to go in 2005. Things CAN be turned around, but it would take something quite spectacular. I’m more hoping a new man comes in soon to start getting the wheels in motion for a proper go at it next season.
You have one of the best squads in the league. They're just criminally under utilised. If I was in your shoes, I'd be looking for Crawford gone and Petrie in.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

The manager in the opposition dugout was an absolute disaster at Hearts, he's done not bad eh? 

McGlynn has learned from that and now prefers a different style of play to his first stint with us and then Hearts. I'd have him before Nielson any day.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Crawford is highly regarded as a coach and, before he was appointed manager, I thought “Well, who knows maybe he has something to offer” but that is quite evidently not the case. He’s clearly a man that can’t manage teams. It is a massive difference between coaching and management.

Indeed. You might agree that Iain Munro for example was also an outstanding coach who couldnt manage a haggis supper.