Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

All joking aside I really hope it is Petrie.

I hope it's not, if it goes tits up he's another I'd hate to see the support turn on.

Has the support actually turned on Crawford as a legacy?  I know there’s a fair amount who want him gone as a manager but if he was sacked tomorrow I think the view on him would be ‘great player, shame it didn’t work as a manager’.    His playing success massively overwhelms any failure as a manager.  Even potter who had nowhere near the amount of goodwill as a player comfortably survived his failed management stint.

In my time supporting the pars probably only 3 managers had a bad relationship with the fans,  AJ,  Kenny and Hay,   None of who had any previous link with the club.

49 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

All joking aside I really hope it is Petrie.

I hope it's not, if it goes tits up he's another I'd hate to see the support turn on.

Naaaaah it ain't like that. 

Has the support actually turned on Crawford as a legacy?  I know there’s a fair amount who want him gone as a manager but if he was sacked tomorrow I think the view on him would be ‘great player, shame it didn’t work as a manager’.    His playing success massively overwhelms any failure as a manager.  Even potter who had nowhere near the amount of goodwill as a player comfortably survived his failed management stint.
In my time supporting the pars probably only 3 managers had a bad relationship with the fans,  AJ,  Kenny and Hay,   None of who had any previous link with the club.

I know, I just love these two guys and don't want it to turn nasty. If there were crowds, I've no doubt it would have begun.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Stop it

I genuinely think he'd do well tbh, if we're sitting here looking at all the managers in this division, are we honestly saying that Craig Levein with his wealth of experience isn't better placed than the majority? 

Win midweek and we’re in second place with at least one game in hand over the teams around us with only a handful of games left.

Offered that position at the start of the season would anyone have turned that down? Yes, six points from the last six games is pish but the teams around us are all equally capable of going on such runs. Maybe not actually being at the games leaves me a bit detached but I’d rather Craw was judged at the end of the season.

Here’s some nice stats for you all.

We’re on course for our worst away performance in the second tier since at least 75/76. That was the last time we won only 1 away game in the second tier. However, that season was curtailed due to reconstruction so we only played 13 away games. Our points per game for away games that season was 0.62 (if we assume 3 points for a win for a fair comparison). Oh, and we were relegated.

Season 82/83 is the most recent worst performance in the second tier in terms of away wins, where we managed only 2 over 19 away games, earning 0.68 points per away game (also assuming 3 points for a win for a fair comparison). We were of course relegated then too.

This season we currently have a single away win. We have currently played 10 away games, with a points per away game of 0.8. Should we fail to win any of our remaining 3 away games (yes, we will play more home than away games this season in the league) we’ll equal the 75/76 points per away game in the second tier, which also happens to be the worst in the club’s history (or at least very close to it; some stats are harder to find than others).

In almost any other season we’d be staring at relegation due to how bad our away form is.

Win midweek and we’re in second place with at least one game in hand over the teams around us

A win would mean that we’ll be level on points with Dundee, having played the same number of games. Our game in hand is against Dundee, so I don’t know how we will have ‘at least one game in hand’ over them.

We also play Hearts on Saturday, when no other team around us has a game. So we’ll have played more than Dundee and the same number of games as everyone else by Saturday night and there’s every chance we won’t have any more points than we do just now.

14 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Maybe not actually being at the games leaves me a bit detached but I’d rather Craw was judged at the end of the season.

I’d have went along with this narrative if we had had small blips along the way like most other teams with sporadic wins and loses culminating in an average season. As it is we have not and have had a massive consistent run of absolute dogshit performances and points tally since last November. Get him out immediately if we are serious about even making top four.

We have a team that should be doing decent in this league, certainly put in a better standard of performance compared to what have witnessed since November. As it is, we have played absolutely shite since November and scraped lucky wins/draws against pish like Arbroath and Alloa to keep us where we are. It’s a complete joke what the fans are being served. Can’t wait for this season to be done. Big changes are needed but I fear we will sleep-walk our way to 4th and employ Crawford for another season off the back of that “achievement” We’ll get slaughtered in the play-offs if we make it. Form would suggest we are in total free-fall and heading towards a 6th-8th place finish. Lowest points tally in the league since we went top. An absolute farce.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Here’s some nice stats for you all.

We’re on course for our worst away performance in the second tier since at least 75/76. That was the last time we won only 1 away game in the second tier. However, that season was curtailed due to reconstruction so we only played 13 away games. Our points per game for away games that season was 0.62 (if we assume 3 points for a win for a fair comparison). Oh, and we were relegated.

Season 82/83 is the most recent worst performance in the second tier in terms of away wins, where we managed only 2 over 19 away games, earning 0.68 points per away game (also assuming 3 points for a win for a fair comparison). We were of course relegated then too.

This season we currently have a single away win. We have currently played 10 away games, with a points per away game of 0.8. Should we fail to win any of our remaining 3 away games (yes, we will play more home than away games this season in the league) we’ll equal the 75/76 points per away game in the second tier, which also happens to be the worst in the club’s history (or at least very close to it; some stats are harder to find than others).

In almost any other season we’d be staring at relegation due to how bad our away form is.

I think that's interesting but because of the home form im not entirely sure it's relevant this season. 

It is however certainly a strong argument against Crawford taking us forward next season however win the remaining 3 and it looks decidedly average I would say, big ask but finishing second demands it.

22 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He’s lost the plot. I’m not even going to bother reading the interview, this quote really concerns me. Surely he doesn’t actually believe this?

IMG_1420.jpg

He's delusional. He's convinced himself that apart from 15 minutes at the start of the second half, we were good. We fell out the game after scoring two in the first 5 mins. It like the delusional crap he came out with after the Morton game. It pretty common when managers have lost it and try re-writing history.

We then do the usual attack teams last 15 minutes when we go behind. His teams never show that bravery when level or in winning positions. It's the only way you shift him out of his boring tactics.

39 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He’s lost the plot. I’m not even going to bother reading the interview, this quote really concerns me. Surely he doesn’t actually believe this?

IMG_1420.jpg

A run for their money?? This guy for real? We should be steam rolling them with what we’ve spent and the squad we’ve assembled! Ludicrous. 

5 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

A run for their money?? This guy for real? We should be steam rolling them with what we’ve spent and the squad we’ve assembled! Ludicrous. 

Unless you are Stevie Crawford and John McGlynn is impossible to know how the 2 wage bills compare. 

I would agree that on paper we have a better squad but McGlynn can utilise his squad to perform better as a unit than they are individually and he does this better than Crawford who does this poorly