Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Of course he is. He fulfilled his remit which was getting in to the play-offs.
Forget the abysmal away form. Forget being good maybe 1 game every 5. Forget getting cuffed on more than one occasion by the Wee Team in big matches. He finished 4th and that's all that matters to them. No ambition at all as they continue to pander to the minority happy-clapping supporters.
"Och, Stevie is a Pars fan too, he's hurting just as much" Birthday.Caird.Fucking.Pish
Forgive me not fully understanding your boardroom makeup, but who has given him this approval? Do your German overlords have voice in the current boardroom (I know they're getting more shares as time goes on)? If so, are they complicit in this decision? If so, is that not a bit of a worry?

58 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
21 hours ago, DAFC. said:
Of course he is. He fulfilled his remit which was getting in to the play-offs.
Forget the abysmal away form. Forget being good maybe 1 game every 5. Forget getting cuffed on more than one occasion by the Wee Team in big matches. He finished 4th and that's all that matters to them. No ambition at all as they continue to pander to the minority happy-clapping supporters.
"Och, Stevie is a Pars fan too, he's hurting just as much" Birthday.Caird.Fucking.Pish

Forgive me not fully understanding your boardroom makeup, but who has given him this approval? Do your German overlords have voice in the current boardroom (I know they're getting more shares as time goes on)? If so, are they complicit in this decision? If so, is that not a bit of a worry?

They have 2 board members.  Message from the investors seems to be they are deliberately being hands off whilst they are not able to be in the country.  I'd think this is largely the decision of pars united, who still own the majority share holding.

I'm not sure the current ownership situation is helping here.  I suspect we are in a position of pars united not wanting to make big decisions as they know they are on their way out,  with the germans not wanting to make big decisions until they can be in the country regularly.  

Edited by parsforlife

Aye it would arguably be worse if SC got the bullet, we appointed somebody new and then the new board take over in say, October, and the new manager is then out on his arse.

Do they take a majority share for start of next season? May find ourselves in a situation where Crawford stays purely because circumstances around COVID dictate such and he gets punted by the Germans in the Autumn when they will, realistically, be allowed to come over and implement things more hands on. Probably be near the bottom by then and have little option but to punt him anyway. 

Do they take a majority share for start of next season? May find ourselves in a situation where Crawford stays purely because circumstances around COVID dictate such and he gets punted by the Germans in the Autumn when they will, realistically, be allowed to come over and implement things more hands on. Probably be near the bottom by then and have little option but to punt him anyway. 

I don't get the logic. If they already have board representation, why would the German lads sit back and allow Crawford to sign his own team (hello Lewis Mayo!) only to punt him just weeks in to the season? Why wouldn't they put forward their case and plans now if it is their intention to replace Crawford? You don't need to be 'hands on' to speak to the rest of the board to say what you're thinking.

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't get the logic. If they already have board representation, why would the German lads sit back and allow Crawford to sign his own team (hello Lewis Mayo!) only to punt him just weeks in to the season? Why wouldn't they put forward their case and plans now if it is their intention to replace Crawford? You don't need to be 'hands on' to speak to the rest of the board to say what you're thinking.

Because Dunfermline Athletic and doing logical things doesn't exactly go hand in hand. 

Kinda my point.

Anyhoo, I'm off to watch the Dundee game [emoji6]

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Talk of looking into the structure makes me think it'll be Crawford as Head Coach, Meggle as DoF.

I'd rather Crawford was a DoF, I don't think there's any doubt that he's got an eye for a player and he's got some knowledge of the game. 

It's the actusl taking a team and managing them through a game which I don't think he's very good at, which is what the head coach is meant to do. 

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Kinda my point.

Anyhoo, I'm off to watch the Dundee game emoji6.png

Good game aye. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Hamilton down. Not many good memories of us playing there.

I remember a lot of the Pars fans walking towards NDP for the opening day in 2007/08 after relegation. When the wee diddy stadium came into view, a chorus of "what the fucking hell is that?" began. 

Didn't we get a man sent off in each of the first 3 or 4 games that season?

Edited by smpar

29 minutes ago, smpar said:

I remember a lot of the Pars fans walking towards NDP for the opening day in 2007/08 after relegation. When the wee diddy stadium came into view, a chorus of "what the fucking hell is that?" began. 

Tam McManus ran out that day with copper coloured hair - I knew we were fucked from that moment on. Grim.

Big away crowd meant loads of folk missed the first two goals.

Sadly we all saw the last goal.

This game did secure Sol Bamba the POTY award from the official supporters club though due to an 'irregular' way of counting votes (they did it on individual votes rather than on the number of games fans voted a player as MOM, so because that game was the one that most fans voted in, and since they overwhelmingly voted for Bamba, he ran away with it when they counted all the individual votes at the end of the season; this was widely mocked and there were acrimonious words had).

16 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Talk of looking into the structure makes me think it'll be Crawford as Head Coach, Meggle as DoF.

Pretty sure that was clear when he took over, there was next to no chance of the director of football bulleting the head coach when they have never worked together. I would imagine Crawford will be conducting preseason and the season under the watchful eye of Meggle.

If Meggle doesn't believe Stevie can get us promoted then you would imagine he will be away at some point next season. I hope Stevie can pull through and be far more competent next season especially away from home.

I was coming back from a holiday and was at the airport getting text updates. First one said "Goal. Hamilton." and me, half forgetting who we were playing and half just thinking we would surely canter to the title assumed we'd went 1-0 up with a Jim Hamilton goal. Oops.