Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just noticed the guy that does Pars Review has posted a link from Germany, apparently we're playing St.Pauli in a friendly 23rd June (at home unfortunately) 

Hopefully it's my only visit to East End Park in 2023. 

McGowan seems on paper a ‘too good to turn down’ certainly from mcpakes perspective, I don’t feel midfield was an area we were deliberately trying to add bodies too.

Quite interesting to see the Dundee fans views and how a few have talked of his different attributes and how that could fit into our current midfield.  I’ve seen DM which puts the generally highly regarded Hamilton at risk, keeps things ticking which is chalmers role that he has done well enough to gain a new contract, drives forward where you would give that to Todd or mochrie and then playing within a supporting midfield role where the other 3 younger loanes play.   

What job does he take? Does it change week to week?

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

McGowan seems on paper a ‘too good to turn down’ certainly from mcpakes perspective, I don’t feel midfield was an area we were deliberately trying to add bodies too.

Quite interesting to see the Dundee fans views and how a few have talked of his different attributes and how that could fit into our current midfield.  I’ve seen DM which puts the generally highly regarded Hamilton at risk, keeps things ticking which is chalmers role that he has done well enough to gain a new contract, drives forward where you would give that to Todd or mochrie and then playing within a supporting midfield role where the other 3 younger loanes play.   

What job does he take? Does it change week to week?

He will definitely start most if not every game especially with Mcpake. I've no doubt you guys will love him. Comes across a raging madman on the pitch but been at dens for 8 years and over 300 games and always been one of the most respected in the dressing room. 

He is very tidy on the ball, lovely in tight spaces and in and around the box. Doesnt have the legs anymore to play box to box but I'd be absolutely shocked if he doesn't piss league 1 even at 34. I'd still have him in our starting 11.

Enjoy the league title 😀

Edited by Numptdee

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

keeps things ticking which is chalmers role that he has done well enough to gain a new contract

Since that new contract was agreed he's been hooked at half time at Clyde, hooked after 32 minutes at Airdrie and dropped from the starting XI v Airdrie at home. I know there was talk about an automatic extension after a certain number of games but still.

7 hours ago, Numptdee said:

He will definitely start most if not every game especially with Mcpake. I've no doubt you guys will love him. Comes across a raging madman on the pitch but been at dens for 8 years and over 300 games and always been one of the most respected in the dressing room. 

He is very tidy on the ball, lovely in tight spaces and in and around the box. Doesnt have the legs anymore to play box to box but I'd be absolutely shocked if he doesn't piss league 1 even at 34. I'd still have him in our starting 11.

Enjoy the league title 😀

I always thought Gowser was at the heart of Dundee anytime we played them. 

Last few games Chalmers has looked like the head in the clouds midfielder of last year.

Noticed Deniz giving him a mouthful at Airdrie for yet a again shittin out of a challenge in the 6 yard box. 

McPake questioned certain players commitment and effort in that game and Chalmers was dropped after that. Clearly he is not happy with Chalmers running stats and wimping out of tackles. If you watch his closely he never tackles. He jockies around players but never puts a foot in.

Edited by Chubbychops

5 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Did matty todd play vs us this season? Don't seem to remember the name at all but see him popping up all the time with goals.

Think he did but he was playing deeper alongside Chalmers then.

He is much more effective playing AM, running towards goal and taking shots from 20 yards.  He's not a composed pick your pass type central midfielder.

46 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Did matty todd play vs us this season? Don't seem to remember the name at all but see him popping up all the time with goals.

At the last game at TFS it was Todd who went through late on but his effort was saved. BBM midfielder, with his best work almost coming off the ball really. He's quite intelligent in the runs that he makes will drag players all over the place, can fully understand opposition fans not noticing him much tbf, but if you intently watch him you'll see how vital he is, always moving. 

31 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

At the last game at TFS it was Todd who went through late on but his effort was saved. BBM midfielder, with his best work almost coming off the ball really. He's quite intelligent in the runs that he makes will drag players all over the place, can fully understand opposition fans not noticing him much tbf, but if you intently watch him you'll see how vital he is, always moving. 

Yes it was his late driving run which forced Hogarth to make a decent diving save, one of four shots on target we had in our backs-to-the-wall, ultra defensive Mourinho masterclass. That contrasted of course with gung-ho, baws oot Falkirk creating a total of (checks notes) one shot on target. 

9 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Any arguments to Matty Todd being our best player this season?

Mental how Todorov is top goalscorer. 

Would have been Bene had we voted in November or December but think Todd must be in with a shout now for sure. They must also he quite high up our goalscorers list, no?

55 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That was quite possibly the worst gaming of football I've ever watched. Horrific from both sides. Especially compared to the game at EEP