Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Gowser will stroll this league no probs at all, can play defensive mid or further forward. Constantly raging at fellow team mates, demanding more, he himself always gives 100% Great signing, these Falkirk diddies are simply jealous.

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Personal life[edit]

In December 2013, McGowan pleaded guilty to attacking two police officers at Coatbridge police station on 11 August.[79] On 8 January 2014, the sheriff ordered McGowan to do a 130 hours of unpaid work and a one-year supervision order.[80][48] Manager Danny Lennon believed McGowan was lucky to avoid a jail sentence. McGowan was told by Sheriff Frank Pieri " that the punishment was a 'direct alternative' to custody and told him to behave in future or face prison".[81] As a result of this incident, McGowan was disciplined by the club.[47]

For the second time in 2014, McGowan was arrested after attacking a community support constable at Coatbridge Police station.[82] McGowan was convicted of assault on 19 March 2015.[83] On 15 April 2015, McGowan was spared a jail sentence, but was placed on a restriction curfew for sixteen weeks and had to wear electronic tags, meaning he could not play in midweek matches for the duration of the order as he had to be at home by 7pm each day.[60]

Following the incident, McGowan apologised for his actions and said he hoped to become a better person, having a problematic lifestyle of alcohol and gambling,[84] while the club stood by him.[85] McGowan is a father of a son. In the wake of his conviction in April 2015, he vowed to be a better father by putting his life on track for the sake of his son.[86]

In July 2018 McGowan was again convicted of assault, this time for spitting on a bouncer outside a Dundee nightclub two months earlier after attending the club's annual awards event; he again avoided a prison sentence for the offence and was instead given a community service order

He deserves a lifetime contract on the back of this IMO.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Also, look out for the 'Gowser Turn'.

It takes about 5 mins to complete, he does it 8+ times a game, everyone knows about it and can see what he is doing, yet surprisingly always comes away with the ball.

I am genuinely gutted.

This can be our new Cardle cut in. Superb.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Also, look out for the 'Gowser Turn'.

It takes about 5 mins to complete, he does it 8+ times a game, everyone knows about it and can see what he is doing, yet surprisingly always comes away with the ball.

I am genuinely gutted.

Always found it strange how much flak he gets for that. Seems the critics would rather he just aimlessly hoofed it forward to nobody in particular. It's just his own, unconventional way of retaining possession and allowing the game time to develop further up the pitch, yet he gets crucified for it. 🤷🏿‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Dunfermline athletic are champions of sportswashing 

"Sportswashing is a term used to describe the practice of individuals, groups, corporations, or governments using sports to improve reputations tarnished by wrongdoing"

If it means lifting a trophy in the next few weeks at your expense then f**k it - I'm in

Gutted at this. A player we arguably need in our first team right now.

His legs aren't what they once were but he'll never hide, he'll pirouette a lot, he'll demand a lot from others and he'll keep things ticking.

McPake liked to play him on the left wing and up front which he is in no way equipped for but in the middle or just off the striker I'd be very surprised if he's not the best player in the division.

Our friend will be missed.

Edited by Ludo*1

4 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Does that mean you'd be alright with David Goodwillie turning up at East End park tomorrow then?

They are nowhere near the same levels. 

I am far more comfortable with McGowan than I would be McGlynn though, are you alright with that? 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Hopefully no a repeat of Graham Dorrans.

Dorrans looked finished when he was at Rangers. A shocking signing based on name alone. McGowan has played consistently well his whole career and is a good pro. 

Gowser will absolutely stroll this league and has been fit for a while now.

Always gives 100%, will demand it from his team mates in the pitch and has a winners mentality. Very good on the ball in tight spaces so watch out for his trademark turn. Will keep it positive, always looking to make things happen and will most likely play in the middle/ just off a striker for you.

I wanted him back in our starting 11 and was still one of our best players at the start of the season.

Barring injury he will be the best player in the league until the end of the season I'd imagine.

Good luck to the wee madman!

Gowser at his best is a superb player . He makes the team tick and should have played for Scotland.  Think he will be a standout in league one . He constantly wants the ball and wants to drive the team forward , McPake will know how to get the best out of him . I think he,ll play  behind two attackers , creating chances and dropping back and collecting the ball to get the team up the park .