Walking Down The Halbeath Road

36 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I haven't seen much of him but I can't remember seeing anything different to what we have already? 

No but when you don't have a CM option on the bench it's good to have the numbers back.

I think he's kind of like mix of all the CMs we have but isn't as good as each of their specialities, he has a good eye for a pass like Chalmers, can break play up like Hamilton and has good energy like Todd.

On 14/02/2023 at 23:28, parsforlife said:

I did think they were deliberately waiting on last nights result(possibly waiting on the TV picks for the next round too) It gives a bit more clarity on what needs scheduled until the end of the season.  I also assume the SPFL knowing we’ve had a good winter and nobody has had a fixture pile up so they have been less urgent to force an agreement.

I don’t know about your experiences, but would police be involved much? After trouble at the first home game this fixture is now classed the same as an OF game you would think they would want to be highly involved in planning. 

Looking at the calendar I do think the SPFL may need to concede on the must avoid April policy.   Next week is clearly too short notice and I think the 28th will be under that category as well. As said  either side of Falkirks Scottish cup tie look unlikely and as mentioned the following week Falkirk play on Friday,  the next one we won’t want to clash with the Scotland game.  The next two would mean the game would be a double header which I think the police would try hard to avoid.  18th of April looks the first comfortable date.  Yes it’s near end of season but that seems a smaller issue than the others.

On 15/02/2023 at 10:50, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, we'll see. It's not really a "must avoid" policy but I think there'd need to be a damned good reason for it not to be played somewhere in the next 6 weeks. Agree February probably now unlikely though suspect they'd prefer 28th Feb to leaving it to April. At the end of the day if the two of you had a Scottish Cup replay (I know that's no longer a thing but it was a year ago) you'd have organised it on less than a fortnight's notice. The same organisation made Hamilton play us last Tuesday when they were playing Hearts on the Friday in the Scottish Cup so the notion that Falkirk's weekend Scottish Cup tie will have much impact on the timing it probably fallacy. Ours was a televised cup semi final right enough so not quite as flexible as a league match but if Falkirk play Saturday there's no reason the midweek either side couldn't be used. If they play Friday the one after is fine. If they play Sunday or Monday the one before is fine. And there's no reason not to play midweek because Scotland are playing either, you could play the Wednesday instead. Ayr played double headers with Cove a couple of weeks ago too. I'm sure the clubs never mind the police would rather not play twice in a week but if they want to avoid that they've 3 weeks before to slot it into. I'm not seeing any signifcant case to defer to April here. Other than next week, not one of those midweeks is unusable.

The police are always liable to be consulted and potentially could say no but unless there's some other local or national event using manpower resources the game's going to have to be played so there's no real reason for them to rule out any particular date. I'd have thought the sooner the better for policing generally as it would be less decisive in the scheme of the league.

7th it is then.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

7th it is then.

I think falkirk not playing until the monday for their cup game helps cleaned things up. 

From our point of view for the season I think its not bad scheduling,  game before the cup game has the chance they take their eye off the ball but more importantly its within the final quarter,  It will be an exact them vs us dynamic without any narrative of who has an easier run in, which providing we do our job over the next few weeks we'll be very heavy favourites to come out on top. Doing our job over until then must be our full focus, 

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I think falkirk not playing until the monday for their cup game helps cleaned things up. 

From our point of view for the season I think its not bad scheduling,  game before the cup game has the chance they take their eye off the ball but more importantly its within the final quarter,  It will be an exact them vs us dynamic without any narrative of who has an easier run in, which providing we do our job over the next few weeks we'll be very heavy favourites to come out on top. Doing our job over until then must be our full focus, 

If we lose it won’t be because we took our eye off the ball.

Promotion is vastly more important than reaching SC semi.

7th March gives us plenty of time to organise the guard of honour, fly by and full military parade Falkirk have demanded in recognition of their cup heroics against that team who were just one solitary tier below mighty Edinburgh Uni and Cowdenbeath.

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I take it Sam is a good prospect?

He did reasonably well against Dundee in the challenge cup recently. Seemed comfortable on the ball.  Physically he looks really thin and got a few years to develop physically still. Especially for a centre half. Sure he's only turned 17.

17 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I take it Sam is a good prospect?

Rated highly. Played v Dundee in the challenge cup recently and, by all accounts, played well. Went off at 1-1, so certainly can’t be blamed for the other 3 we conceded! Hope he does well for you and gets valuable experience. Still a kid (just turned 17), so imagine he’ll be quite a ‘raw’ talent and have a few mistakes in him. But hopefully the positives outweigh that.

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Rated highly. Played v Dundee in the challenge cup recently and, by all accounts, played well. Went off at 1-1, so certainly can’t be blamed for the other 3 we conceded! Hope he does well for you and gets valuable experience. Still a kid (just turned 17), so imagine he’ll be quite a ‘raw’ talent and have a few mistakes in him. But hopefully the positives outweigh that.

Cheers for the info. Sam was pitched straight into our starting line up as experienced defender Iain Davidson is suspended for 2 games, and he did very well, played the full game in a 1-0 win.

Looked very comfortable alongside Alfie Robinson in the centre of our defence, and they did have to withstand a fair bit of pressure at times.

Anyone hear McPake’s interview? The typed version is on the official website, doesn’t quite cover the full 8 mins audio that is there also. Asked about the Motherwell rumour and gives a wideo response, fair enough maybe that’s his way of saying no but just muddies the water.