Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Police obviously got involved especially with the end section of the main stand not getting sold which is a complete joke, however that's an annoyance for another day, sit back enjoy that and get ready for the highlights at midnight.

I don’t care. I was there and I loved that. Mehmet, Benedictus, Breen, Hamilton and KRH joint runners up for MoM. But Matty Todd killed Falkirk’s title bid tonight. A few times in that second half he absolutely destroyed Coll Donaldson and it was brilliant to watch.

What a player he's turning into btw. 

Breezes past folk, great touch, great turn, good finisher. Seems strong even, can barge his way past players while holding onto the ball.
Always wants the ball and invariably class when he gets it. 

Could end up anywhere if he carries on improving the way he has done this season. 

Is he from the town and a Pars fan to boot?

1 minute ago, Stoo61 said:

Aye, I was sure he was one of our own. Him and Wee Chris will be extra buzzin. 

And Paul Allan!

Did anyone notice Tordorov after I think the second goal, he was running and full tilt to join in the celebrations, great to see.

Im not actually in the camp that thinks thats the league essentially won, plenty of games to play...

...but....is there a chance we could win it in Grangemouth? Someone dae the maffs n get back to me. 

Just now, Stoo61 said:

Im not actually in the camp that thinks thats the league essentially won, plenty of games to play...

...but....is there a chance we could win it in Grangemouth? Someone dae the maffs n get back to me. 

Have to win on Saturday, no point digging out today and then tripping up through complacency 

1 minute ago, Stoo61 said:

Pretty sure if they drop 3 more points than us before we next meet, a win there would win us the league

Don’t fall in love with a loan player

Spoiler

I FUCKING LOVE YOU KANE ❤️❤️❤️

ah shit

9 hours ago, 101 said:

What a star.

Screenshot_20230308-000448.jpg

In all seriousness, what a difference the loan signings have made. KRH, Fisher, Mochrie, Otoo… they just get it. They seem to get stuck in and give their all for the club. Yes, that’s what you should expect from players, but it often doesn’t work out that way - particularly with loan players.

KRH seems to be loving it, Fisher loved it. They just seem to connect with the fans and absolutely love playing for this club. It’s brilliant to see how much it means to them. When you consider Kennedy, Ambrose and Polworth last season, the difference in attitude/mentality of these loan signings is unreal.

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

In all seriousness, what a difference the loan signings have made. KRH, Fisher, Mochrie, Otoo… they just get it. They seem to get stuck in and give their all for the club. Yes, that’s what you should expect from players, but it often doesn’t work out that way - particularly with loan players.

KRH seems to be loving it, Fisher loved it. They just seem to connect with the fans and absolutely love playing for this club. It’s brilliant to see how much it means to them. When you consider Kennedy, Ambrose and Polworth last season, the difference in attitude/mentality of these loan signings is unreal.

McMahon hasn't played much but he largely dragged us back against Airdrie n all. Giant 3 points. 

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

When you consider Kennedy, Ambrose and Polworth last season, the difference in attitude/mentality of these loan signings is unreal.

It surprised me when McGlynn signed Kennedy as he looked like a wee boy up against the brute that is Benedictus last season. McPake clearly does his homework on the loan signings and they all seem to be bursting with ambition, not thinking they’re big time like some.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It surprised me when McGlynn signed Kennedy as he looked like a wee boy up against the brute that is Benedictus last season. McPake clearly does his homework on the loan signings and they all seem to be bursting with ambition, not thinking they’re big time like some.

Yep. When you look at Hamilton and Benedictus as well, I think mentality/attitude seems to be something we do our homework on. Not sure if that’s McPake, Mackay, or someone else, but they’re bringing in guys with the right attitude. Not the charlatans we had last season.

Great to see the connection between fans and players/coaches this season. It’s been fantastic. Not just last night. Falkirk away, Partick away, Airdrie away, late winner v Edinburgh at home and probably others. The players and fans have really shown a togetherness this season. I know some people will say that’s easy when the team’s winning. But we didn’t have this kind of connection when we won the league in 2015-16. So this feels quite special.

I’d like to see us get Breen, Comrie, Wighton and Todorov signed up soon. Breen has been excellent - and perhaps underrated - this season. I feel like the guy would run through a brick wall for the team, does everything he can to keep a clean sheet. He’s always one of the first to run straight to the fans. Genuinely seems to be really enjoying himself.

Comrie’s also proven at championship level and a big player for us. Wighton and Todorov both proven at championship level too and score important goals.

O Hara n all, kudos to him, come back from a big injury and seems to have added a decent touch and vision to his unreal work rate. Absolute fox in the box too. 

Christ we are on some love in at the moment eh no.