Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, afca32 said:

What are we getting do you think?

Very young and inexperienced but probably the best of our youth players. Been in around the first team training and places on the bench. Not ready for first team yet. He scores quite a few in the reserve games.

Not seen much of him but he's a wide attacking player. Think he can play AM as well.

Edited by Chubbychops

48 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Not seen much of him. But he’s young and seems very highly rated. I believe he can play anywhere in behind the striker. Can be out wide or as a 10. Very energetic and likes to get forward.

Hopefully he does well for you and comes back a better player.

I'm not sure at all how we weren't good at TFS. There's more than one way to skin a cat and there's allot more to football than pointless possession. 

We were defensively fantastic, I doubt there'll be a better defensive performance this season, coming into that game the Falkirk fans were extremely confident in how great they were going forward. With Burrel in particular expected to shine. And in the end it was 1? Shot on target from outside the box, absolutely lovely. 

It was a well worked set piece goal, and we could have had a second late on. We were well worthy of the three points, bad game for the neutral? Yes. Even worse game for the Falkirk fans? Absolutely. Same again on Tuesday will be fine. 

5 hours ago, afca32 said:

He’s a young lad obviously and that will translate into him not being that ready physically. He’s decent on the ball and reasonable positionally, I think like many players his age it probably will take some time to see where in midfield he’ll settle. Maybe as a deep lying playmaker or I’d think more likely trying to play off the strikers and make passes from there.  Not sure what you’ll prefer him to do but he seems adaptable and keen to learn

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'm not sure at all how we weren't good at TFS. There's more than one way to skin a cat and there's allot more to football than pointless possession. 

We were defensively fantastic, I doubt there'll be a better defensive performance this season, coming into that game the Falkirk fans were extremely confident in how great they were going forward. With Burrel in particular expected to shine. And in the end it was 1? Shot on target from outside the box, absolutely lovely. 

It was a well worked set piece goal, and we could have had a second late on. We were well worthy of the three points, bad game for the neutral? Yes. Even worse game for the Falkirk fans? Absolutely. Same again on Tuesday will be fine. 

I’d have Falkirk away as our performance of the season.   We’ve had better spells, but in terms of 90 minutes it’s hard to beat,  complete dominance.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Right lads - we'll send you Fisher back and even give you Ashcroft back as a sweetener, but please give us Gowser back?

Fisher not quite hit it off? That's a shame, seemed a decent guy. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Fisher not quite hit it off? That's a shame, seemed a decent guy. 

He probably should be starting right now tbf. He had a wee stint at RB where he certainly didn't look out of place, but not exactly commanding a place in the team either. Still looks a little bit of the slender side to be a CH IMO but my post was more aimed at how desperately lacking we are in the midfield area than a slight on Fisher. We're missing McGowan's moaning and pirouetting already.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Right lads - we'll send you Fisher back and even give you Ashcroft back as a sweetener, but please give us Gowser back?

No