Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just noticed a page called Football Scotland officially linking us with Wotherspoon. Someone's shared it on the Pars Community Facebook page.

edit - The Daily Record have now also done this on Twitter.

Edited by The Toun Clock

2 minutes ago, JPB16 said:

I have believe Wotherspoon hopes to get a Premiership contract but not burning his bridge to Dunfermline as usual down to wages.

I hope we sign him but I have to be honest, I'm not sure who's going to take him in the Prem. I think Championship is a sound move for him at this stage of his career. Quick glance at the table and realisticly only 3/12 clubs in the Premiership could be interested - Dundee (unlikely given ex StJ player), Livingston, Ross Co (likely means relocating).

30 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I hope we sign him but I have to be honest, I'm not sure who's going to take him in the Prem. I think Championship is a sound move for him at this stage of his career. Quick glance at the table and realisticly only 3/12 clubs in the Premiership could be interested - Dundee (unlikely given ex StJ player), Livingston, Ross Co (likely means relocating).

I think he’ll end up here. Connection with Mackay likely to play a part as well. Not certain enough to say it’ll definitely happen, but I have a feeling he’ll sign. He was at the game on Tuesday and will have seen that we absolutely need him, he’ll get regular game time and not have to relocate. Seems like a sensible move for everyone - but if someone offers more money, he’ll obviously go there.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I doubt it. At the time there was lots of "just you wait til part 2!" but I never actually expected it to get written let alone sold. Plenty of stories from that era that some people won't want coming out I'd imagine.

It's more a case of the author not having the time to do it yet! Work, family etc.

Also, can't comment on the stories not getting out as the Dunfermline Press archives were only completed until 2011.

We'd therefore need some help with archives and interviews from 2011-2015 to get the research fully covered. By the end of the saga, there were only three left standing and we'd need a bit more help.

Step forward if anyone has some spare time and I'll see what we can do.

Fall back option is 100 page special from October 2007 to October 2008...

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

I think he’ll end up here. Connection with Mackay likely to play a part as well. Not certain enough to say it’ll definitely happen, but I have a feeling he’ll sign. He was at the game on Tuesday and will have seen that we absolutely need him, he’ll get regular game time and not have to relocate. Seems like a sensible move for everyone - but if someone offers more money, he’ll obviously go there.

Not necessarily. Say Ross Co came in and offered an extra bit money, is it worth it to relocate to the highlands, pretty sure he's got kids, he might not want to unsettle them for the sake of a year. We might offer him two years on money he's happy with.

I do think that Dave Mackay will play a part. 

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just noticed a page called Football Scotland officially linking us with Wotherspoon. Someone's shared it on the Pars Community Facebook page.

edit - The Daily Record have now also done this on Twitter.

Can almost guarantee that story has been written on the back of CallumPar saying he was at EEP, that really is how impressive Scottish football journalism is, quick trawl through P&B write a wee story.

15 minutes ago, 101 said:

Can almost guarantee that story has been written on the back of CallumPar saying he was at EEP, that really is how impressive Scottish football journalism is, quick trawl through P&B write a wee story.

ChatGPT pulling it together 🤣

52 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yeah. Almost certainly the case. Craig Cairns at the Courier reporting it now though and he tends to be very reliable when it comes to Dunfermline. Although, worth pointing out that he is just reporting our interest and not reporting any kind of agreement.

Edited by CallumPar

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Not sure, he was rumoured on here about a fortnight ago from two different people. If fairness even Craig Cairns (Courier) has reported it this morning.

IMPORTANT NEWS

New range of stuff available in the online store a this includes the walk out jacket worn against St Pauli. Would expect that to sell out fast. The tops worn in warm ups also available.

Edit - can’t add it to your basket though. The ‘add to basket’ button doesn’t work 😂

Edited by CallumPar

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

New range of stuff available in the online store a this includes the walk out jacket worn against St Pauli. Would expect that to sell out fast. The tops worn in warm ups also available.

Edit - can’t add it to your basket though. The ‘add to basket’ button doesn’t work 😂

The club website is absolute garbage with no real sign of it getting sorted. At this time of the year it's not great.

Might mean nothing but after a bit of Twitter stalking, I noticed a StJ fan quote-tweeted the Craig Cairns article about us wanting to sign Wotherspoon.  They said "Ridiculously good signing for Dunfermline if it comes to fruition" and Wotherspoon liked it.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

29 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The club website is absolute garbage with no real sign of it getting sorted. At this time of the year it's not great.

Yeah. Can’t disagree, was complaining about it earlier in the week/last week. Functionality is awful. They seem to have launched a ‘work in progress’ and the progress is horrendously slow.