Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Did they? MoH/Comrie take one of there gilt edged chances and it's a totally different game, I felt we were more likely to score against Raith than we were against United, we certainly had far, far more pressure. 

It's nothing like that, as they were two totally seperate games, to compare them is daft thought.

It’s not exactly shocking that we had far more pressure chasing a game 1-0 down at home than we did protecting a 1-0 lead away from home, is it?

Maybe other people felt differently but I could tell early in the second half this had 1-0 or 2-0 Raith written all over it.

Compared it to the Falkirk game last November because it was like getting a taste of our own medicine; keep it tight, frustrate the home team until they run out of ideas, grab a goal and then hold on. It almost worked for us at Tannadice as well but we fell a minute short.

Fwiw, it really should've been 2-0 given Stanton was completely clean through only to be hit his shot right at the keeper. That chance was far clearer than anything Dunfermline had. Cardle is Magic sums it up nicely, plenty of pressure from the Pars but absolutely nothing at the end of it.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s not exactly shocking that we had far more pressure chasing a game 1-0 down at home than we did protecting a 1-0 lead away from home, is it?

Maybe other people felt differently but I could tell early in the second half this had 1-0 or 2-0 Raith written all over it.

Compared it to the Falkirk game last November because it was like getting a taste of our own medicine; keep it tight, frustrate the home team until they run out of ideas, grab a goal and then hold on. It almost worked for us at Tannadice as well but we fell a minute short.

I was talking about prior to our goal, where we'd played OK but the goal itself came out of nothing. 

Bang the lottery tickets on. 

In the Falkirk game last November they didn't really have any chances, the best one being from a Henderson header that went over? MoH getting the ball stuck in his feet when any touch out of his feet results in a goal, or for the opposite Comrie having a horrendous touch when he could've hit it first time etc, were far clearer. I can absolutely see why if he's looking back at the game McPake will feel that if the ball drops another way that we could've won, I walked away thinking we were worthy of a draw at least. 

To conflate that as being on par with McGlynns "Nobody died" or him talking about winning on corners is wild to me. 

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Nah, only thickos claim a performance is good based entirely on the result. 

We had 5 shots on goal in the entire match and did not look good. At no point did I feel we were going to equalise and Rovers held us off pretty comfortably.

Ooft - no-one is saying that. Also, unless I'm "wildly" wrong, Raith created 2 chances, one of which was a bad error from Otoo. They protected that lead well to be fair, but there was absolutely nothing in the game.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Maybe other people felt differently

Yes, me & a few others

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Arguing we deserved to win that match is like claiming Falkirk deserved to beat us when we won 1-0 at TFS; just plain daft.

Don't see anyone saying we deserved to win - I disagree with you when you repeatedly say we were awful & created nothing.

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Cardle is Magic sums it up nicely, plenty of pressure from the Pars but absolutely nothing at the end of it.

He doesn't & that's just not true. MOH was a yard out when the ball gets stuck between his feet. That goes in & it's a different game. Not saying we would definitely win but goals change everything.

FWIW Rovers continuously moved the ball around nicely that day but created 2 chances. 

Edited by da_no_1

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I was talking about prior to our goal, where we'd played OK but the goal itself came out of nothing. 

Bang the lottery tickets on. 

In the Falkirk game last November they didn't really have any chances, the best one being from a Henderson header that went over? MoH getting the ball stuck in his feet when any touch out of his feet results in a goal, or for the opposite Comrie having a horrendous touch when he could've hit it first time etc, were far clearer. I can absolutely see why if he's looking back at the game McPake will feel that if the ball drops another way that we could've won, I walked away thinking we were worthy of a draw at least. 

To conflate that as being on par with McGlynns "Nobody died" or him talking about winning on corners is wild to me. 

I never referred to McGlynn talking about winning on corners etc; more his insistence that his team had been unfortunate in some way after deservedly losing a game.

For the record, I think McPake has been excellent in his spell. He sets up the team well, the players work their socks off for him every week and we are as resilient as I’ve ever seen a Pars side.

I just don’t agree that we should have won that particular match and believe a less popular/less successful Pars manager would be ripped to bits by the fans if they made a similar claim.

15 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I could *maybe* see how we’d have merited a point but saying we should have won is as silly as some of McGlynn’s havering last season.

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I never referred to McGlynn talking about winning on corners etc; more his insistence that his team had been unfortunate in some way after deservedly losing a game.

For the record, I think McPake has been excellent in his spell. He sets up the team well, the players work their socks off for him every week and we are as resilient as I’ve ever seen a Pars side.

I just don’t agree that we should have won that particular match and believe a less popular/less successful Pars manager would be ripped to bits by the fans if they made a similar claim.

Not specifically but it's one of the McGlynn haverings that I remember best, certainly in terms of them saying they deserved more from a game. 

There might be some truth to what you say there, however McPake has normally been pretty fair in his post match analysis of games so he's got a decent amount of credit in the bank IMO, on the flip side by the end of Hughes and Grants tenure anything they said would've got ripped to bits because they'd just talked so much utter shite. I think McPakes language helps aswell, while he says he beleives we should've won he doesn't make any outlandish claims alognside it, and he makes it clear that it's just his opinion and that Dave McKay doesn't necessarily agree with him on how he views games! 

I had a low opinion of the McPake appointment, but he's made me look a right dick, a great appointment so far.

Just to be clear, I've never said we deserved to win the game. I just totally disagree that we created nothing.

As HobNob says, so far McPake has got just about everything right. Cut the guy a bit slack.

Edited by da_no_1

McPake is an angry man and has had anger management help. Think he deserves credit for making it through the banal interviews when he’s clearly wanting to be anywhere but there with a microphone under his nose. 

The small squad thing impresses me. Guys comfortable in different roles and nobody ever seeming to take the huff about being subbed/dropped. Never heard McPake throw guys under the bus. They might get subbed after 30 mins and be back in the team the next week. Really good mentality of it being a squad where the lineup and system fits the game. The “playing the game the right way” stuff of Yogi and Hughes was so meaningless.

57 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

He doesn't & that's just not true. MOH was a yard out when the ball gets stuck between his feet. That goes in & it's a different game. Not saying we would definitely win but goals change everything.

FWIW Rovers continuously moved the ball around nicely that day but created 2 chances. 

Agreed. Rovers took their chance when it came and then managed the game excellently. Fair play to them. On another day we could have snuck a goal then who knows what would have happened. Personally I think a draw would have been a fair result but it was a bit of an off day for us.

So far Rovers seem to be able to find a way to win somehow despite not always being at their best. Judging by the highlights they looked second best to ICT last week but managed to get a really well taken late goal to win. We know from last season how valuable a trait that is. 

40 minutes ago, par-adise said:

On another day we could have snuck a goal then who knows what would have happened.

To be fair, I do think if we had managed to equalise, Raith had players ready to come off the bench that could take them up another gear, whereas we didn't appear to. That seems to have helped them to get an extra few points late in games.

If yer Auntie had baws etc.....

Finally... Episode 12 of East End Tales is now available to listen. 

Roy Barry joins the podcast and chats about the 1968 Cup final, along with some mentions of beating the Lisbon Lions in the 3rd Round, European adventures and who is his favourite player currently?

Me and my co host review everything since we last recorded and we've got a new feature! But no name for it. What can we name our new episodic quiz? 

Enjoy! Link below, or find us on Spotify, Amazon Music, Google podcasts or anywhere you listen. 

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/13639689

FB_IMG_1695398646680.thumb.jpg.9148fce11a2e568e6ff6f181deb79dd8.jpg

Hopefully everyone will join in, seen a few videos on Facebook of the cortage going past EEP yesterday. Looked like James McPake and the squad were outside the main stand also, nice touch on a brutally sad occasion.

Edit-Just seen Poet has put it in the match thread, which does make more sense tbf. 

Edited by HoBNob

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

No Mehmet, no Bene, no Breen, no Todd and no Ritchie-Hosler last two weeks and we’ve still played really well. That is hugely encouraging.

Getting rid of the pre-match remix and the new goal music is the urgent priority…

No Tod either.

I've never been a fan of goal music. Was a trend that we jumped on without any fan consultation. In fact, has there ever been a fan consultation on goal music? I think we should punt it altogether. Doesn't add anything for me and I much prefer hearing the cheer of the fans.

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

No Mehmet, no Bene, no Breen, no Todd and no Ritchie-Hosler last two weeks and we’ve still played really well. That is hugely encouraging.

Getting rid of the pre-match remix and the new goal music is the urgent priority…

Yeah, the music is horrendous. Genuinely reminds me of that numpty from the Sunderland documentary, who was ridiculed for moving away from traditional music played at games to play that kind of nonsense. They play it so loud as well, making it impossible for fans to create any atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, the music is horrendous. Genuinely reminds me of that numpty from the Sunderland documentary, who was ridiculed for moving away from traditional music played at games to play that kind of nonsense. They play it so loud as well, making it impossible for fans to create any atmosphere. 

Genuinely can't hear it in the NW, or at least I can't. 

I’d just like to say thank you to the fans in the NW. Once again you’ve done yourselves, the entire Pars support, and our club proud with your tribute to Kray. 

I’m sure I speak for our entire club when I say this. 
Thank you guys.