Walking Down The Halbeath Road

What you should maybe watch out for is that supermarkets buy largish plots of land, and sometimes just sit on them, undeveloped, for years.

Sometimes they develop them when planning regs change, occasionally they buy the plot of land purely to stop a rival buying it and using it.

Has land banking not been massively decreasing ?, regardless you would hope, even if we were to lose out to someone land banking that a yearly lease could be sorted, don't see much reason why somebody would reject rent money for a site they had no current plans for. That would at least buy us time to get something else sorted.

Would they though? If you weren't a football fan and lived opposite EEP you would maybe prefer houses across the road from you rather than a football ground.

For the record I hope that EEP remains as a football stadium.

I reckon so, it's mostly old c***s that don't like change.

ETA: Although they did us a huge favour when they didn't agree with a hotel and offices being tacked onto the ground. God knows what the debt would have been if that had been allowed to happen.

Edited by GordieBoy80

I would imagine for a company like, for example, the Purvis Group there would be a profit in East End for development. Purvis could do the demolition, sell off re-usable salvage then recycle the concrete. The man has the whole company infrastructure, recycling to home building, to make money out of EEP. Even if he just gets planning permission for the site he would make money. The housing market is about to pick up again. I am sure he would not close the pars but possibly move to a new smaller stadium.

LBG are wanting it to stay as a football stadium, which is good. I'm hopeful some kind of deal can be arranged with whoever buys EEP from the Administrator, assuming PU aren't successful, presuming they bid. I'll take DAFC playing at a new, smaller, stadium if it means three things:

A) we survive as a Club - the one formed in 1885, not a NewCo

B) we become a viable and sustainable Club

C) we become a more reputable and respected Club, treating local businesses, other sponsors, other Clubs and fans with the attitude and decency they deserve, and not a "who cares" attitude which has been rife throughout the Club the last decade or so...

What you should maybe watch out for is that supermarkets buy largish plots of land, and sometimes just sit on them, undeveloped, for years.

Sometimes they develop them when planning regs change, occasionally they buy the plot of land purely to stop a rival buying it and using it.

Not occasionally, but very often.

ST sales have reached 200 so far. That is the overall total (i.e renewals and newly bought ST's). It is 30 more than what we had sold at this time last year. It's a good start, hopefully it can continue after the weekends revelations about EEP Ltd going into Admin; and the (hopefully) successful bid by PU to takeover the Club via a CVA. It'd be great to get more than the 1700 we got last year, especially with it being the beginning of a new era for the Club!

ST sales have reached 200 so far. That is the overall total (i.e renewals and newly bought ST's). It is 30 more than what we had sold at this time last year. It's a good start, hopefully it can continue after the weekends revelations about EEP Ltd going into Admin; and the (hopefully) successful bid by PU to takeover the Club via a CVA. It'd be great to get more than the 1700 we got last year, especially with it being the beginning of a new era for the Club!

If there was an award for the most positive, cheery poster surely dafcburty would walk away with it?

Always got a positive spin on the goings on at DAFC.

Sir, I salute your indefatigability :saddam

I thought it was the collapse of Stadia Group that stopped the development of the hotel etc. at EEP, rather than any objections from residents?

In fact, this would suggest that the Council did give approval for the hotel in 2000.

I stand corrected, but I do remember people on Halbeath Road being up in arms about it.

I remember it fairly well, I was living in Cherrybank at the time. The residents of Halbeath Road would have been up in arms if anyone had farted too loudly; that, allied to Cllr Jim Tolley's campaign made it all the more surprising that the Council did give approval. I only mention it now because it could be significant that the Council have given permission for commercial development of the area once; has that set a precedent?

I kind of agree with burty though. EEP since the seats went in, isn't a patch on the place it used to be when it had the terracing, the cage, and the low roof; personally I wouldn't really mind too much if we didn't end up playing there if it helped the club have a future.

I would not stray onto .net, however, what is the level of moderation in respect of the previous hierarchy?

That is to say, are all of the nay sayers allowed back, or have they cooled their heels given the turn of events?

I've noticed that honk's ban has been rescinded. Nothing remotely inflammatory has been posted for a while so I don't know if they've calmed down.

Masterton's spin doctors, most notably 'Gazza' seem to have completely vanished, yet he still seemingly managed to get Brian to ban two posters who were spot on about the situation at the club a long time ago.

Dot.net is still the main Pars forum with the recent topics being based upon fundraising options and auction sales. ParsAlive on the other hand seems to have died on its arse.