Walking Down The Halbeath Road

A truly disgraceful read. Is a club that has fucked so many businesses and people worth saving?

FFS don't be a dick. The "club" did nothing wrong. The collection of c***s in charge are to blame. Of course the club is worth saving.

How in the f**k do you run up four grand worth of patisserie debts?

I'm not even mad, I'm impressed.

And a debt to Fife Airport - how the fu....?

Still, we only owe £30 to the bank so it's not all bad.

Need to raise another £173,000 in the next five weeks or we "will definitely be liquidated" (cheery quote courtesy of Bryan Jackson).

£300,000 pledged by Pars Patrons and £27,000 by ordinary Pars fans since "Buy the Pars" kicked off so we're a good way towards that £500,000 total.

Ronnie Weymes has thrown his lot in with Pars United rather than looking at a solo bid and there's still an "anonymous individual" in the running to buy the club.

The Fife Airport debt was for an April 2012 picnic and day out for the Yorkstons and the Mastertons.

They booked the airport and had champers, tuna subs and custard for brunch in the hangar.

Then Big John and Karen chased Wee Gav as they played with a kite.

Later on, they all joined hands and sang Duran Duran's "Rio" as they watched the sun going down over Glenrothes and burnt a ledger on the runway.

On the way back to Garvock Hill, Wee Gav came up with his latest business venture - solar panelled luxury mahogany coffins for the Himalayan market - and they took out yet another loan-back against East End Park which they used to pay upfront (odd for them really) for a wood shipment from Borneo to Nepal.

Wee Gav's recent trips to 'Switzerland' were a ruse as he was actually in Kathmandu trying to get wealthy buddhists to buy in to his "spend your afterlife in solar-powered splendour" scheme.

When they pointed out that they had no need for opulent burial due to their belief in re-incarnation, he offered to build a disco and executive boxes at the back of one of their temples - "it's a prime location, at the very least you should have a 3G mast in the monastery"

Most of the Yellow Pages and O2 debt is also related to this.

FFS don't be a dick. The "club" did nothing wrong. The collection of c***s in charge are to blame. Of course the club is worth saving.

Aren't they the club though? Sad times for Dunfermline FC and it seems to get worse every day. Still cannot believe it has come to this.

Aren't they the club though? Sad times for Dunfermline FC and it seems to get worse every day. Still cannot believe it has come to this.

The previous custodians are not the "club". The club has been around since 1885. Masterton & Yorkston only came to the club in the late 90s.

The previous custodians are not the "club". The club has been around since 1885. Masterton & Yorkston only came to the club in the late 90s.

They may not be now but they were when all the wrongdoings were taking place. Would be nice to forget about them but that won't happen.

Yes your club is worth saving but are the criminals just going to be allowed to walk away?

Fans have been well shafted. I know this has all been said many times before but I don't think many would have believed the extent of the fraud

or "poor" management.

Good luck.

Masterton was involved with DAFC from about 1990 - first Leishman era.

They may not be now but they were when all the wrongdoings were taking place. Would be nice to forget about them but that won't happen.

Yes your club is worth saving but are the criminals just going to be allowed to walk away?

Fans have been well shafted. I know this has all been said many times before but I don't think many would have believed the extent of the fraud

or "poor" management.

Good luck.

Crux of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

Masterton is a fraudster, a liar and a crook and he was complicit in RBS pumping so much money in to Scottish football that the tax-payer had to take over the debt.

What's the potential penalty?

A 70 year old retired man being banned from working in the banking industry again in the future.

If that.

It's a pisstake.

Masterton was involved with DAFC from about 1990 - first Leishman era.

Crux of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

Masterton is a fraudster, a liar and a crook and he was complicit in RBS pumping so much money in to Scottish football that the tax-payer had to take over the debt.

What's the potential penalty? 

A 70 year old retired man being banned from working in the banking industry again in the future.

If that.

It's a pisstake.

Very true. The question is, will any sort of rules be put in place to stop it happening again? Probably not, we'll stick with the case by case reactive system we currently have, gives people something to get all frothy about. The only question is who's next?

Sent from my LT26i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

The Fife Airport debt was for an April 2012 picnic and day out for the Yorkstons and the Mastertons.

They booked the airport and had champers, tuna subs and custard for brunch in the hangar.

Then Big John and Karen chased Wee Gav as they played with a kite.

Later on, they all joined hands and sang Duran Duran's "Rio" as they watched the sun going down over Glenrothes and burnt a ledger on the runway.

On the way back to Garvock Hill, Wee Gav came up with his latest business venture - solar panelled luxury mahogany coffins for the Himalayan market - and they took out yet another loan-back against East End Park which they used to pay upfront (odd for them really) for a wood shipment from Borneo to Nepal.

Wee Gav's recent trips to 'Switzerland' were a ruse as he was actually in Kathmandu trying to get wealthy buddhists to buy in to his "spend your afterlife in solar-powered splendour" scheme.

When they pointed out that they had no need for opulent burial due to their belief in re-incarnation, he offered to build a disco and executive boxes at the back of one of their temples - "it's a prime location, at the very least you should have a 3G mast in the monastery"

Most of the Yellow Pages and O2 debt is also related to this.

The 3G mast at the monastery adds credence to the O2 debt being related to this scheme. Not sure about the Yellow Pages though...

Stop being such a fucking drama queen and grow a pair.

In answer to your question though, Yes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Drama queen? Grow a pair? Tell that to the folk the club shafted. Tell that to the folk who may lose their homes over it or who's businesses are in danger over it.

I don't see how having morals means I have to 'grow a pair'. If anything it's YOU that has to 'grow a pair' and face up to the responsibilities of the club over this. I don't think this should all just be shoveled under the carpet and we move on. It should never be forgotten the dreadful way the club treated these people. Clearly the club can't pay them back, at least in full, but have they even apologised to each and every business and person they've shafted?

Sorry, but that's an easy way out. The club have been overspending since at least the early 90s. To service the debt the club had to continually pile more on top. More than Masterton and Yorkston are to blame, although they certainly must take the majority of the blame.

If we do survive, we must ensure that nothing like this ever happens again.

The 3G mast at the monastery adds credence to the O2 debt being related to this scheme. Not sure about the Yellow Pages though...

Yorkston's been front-bottom-incontinent since Brian Soutar's lackeys clocked he'd nicked a half a million off of First Scottish last year.

White Pages are free; Yellow Pages are a urine job.

Typical DA Board: leaving a puddle of pish for some cleaner to mop up and chucking her an IOU worth less than what she squeezes out in to her bucket.

Sorry, but that's an easy way out. The club have been overspending since at least the early 90s.

Disagree. Under Bert and Dick the club had to continually cut costs under the chairmanship of Roy Woodrow (whether this was a consequence of the significant drop in attendances immediately post Leishman, I'm not sure). They had to build a team on a shoestring and it was the bank that forced the club into accepting the paltry £600,000 from Celtic for Jackie McNamara, even though the management and board new he was worth a lot more than that.

Then towards the end of the 90s we had to rebuild the stadium. The really significant spending on the team seemed to begin during the promotion season of 1999/2000 and then onwards.

But the list of creditors does make for grim reading. However, it was the ego of individuals on the board and them burying their heads in the sand that has led to this. As supporters, collectively, you trust those running the club to run it competently, as in any other line of business. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Those who were in charge of the club are to blame for the mess they've left for individuals and businesses. The selfish actions of an individual / individuals entrusted with running the club still shouldn't allow the club with 128 years of history to willow away into the past.

Drama queen? Grow a pair? Tell that to the folk the club shafted. Tell that to the folk who may lose their homes over it or who's businesses are in danger over it.

I don't see how having morals means I have to 'grow a pair'. If anything it's YOU that has to 'grow a pair' and face up to the responsibilities of the club over this. I don't think this should all just be shoveled under the carpet and we move on. It should never be forgotten the dreadful way the club treated these people. Clearly the club can't pay them back, at least in full, but have they even apologised to each and every business and person they've shafted?

Sorry, but that's an easy way out. The club have been overspending since at least the early 90s. To service the debt the club had to continually pile more on top. More than Masterton and Yorkston are to blame, although they certainly must take the majority of the blame.

If we do survive, we must ensure that nothing like this ever happens again.

Good post.

That creditors list is a disgrace, these are the people who are suffering most because of this sorry saga, not the fans. These peoples homes and businesses are under threat due to the Pars financial doping.

Is there a realistic chance of a CVA being agreed here?

Edited by Lex

Then towards the end of the 90s we had to rebuild the stadium.

Wrong. The stadium was a prime example of Masterton's decision making at its worst and you're still agreeing with it. Masterton and Dunfermline didn't have the wherewithal to embark on such a daft project, but on he went, dragging Dunfermline ever downwards in the process. Add on the big name signings and massive wages, the planned hotel, the executive boxes, the undersoil heating, the artificial surface, Pitreavie and all the other trappings of a pretend big time club. Dunfermline's stay in the SPL was unsustainable but year after year the overspending went on and on and didn't stop until Masterton ran out of people to con. If you had the same situation today how many Pars supporters would agree with just one of his ludicrous decisions?

Wrong.

No, it's not. We did have to rebuild the stadium to remove the terracing and replace it with seats.

If we didn't have to do this then neither did Rovers surely ?

Totally scunnered with the least report.

You have to ask about the timing, with potential investors.

Masterton has ripped off just about everyone associated with the pars.

Jail would be too good for him.

Wrong. The stadium was a prime example of Masterton's decision making at its worst and you're still agreeing with it. Masterton and Dunfermline didn't have the wherewithal to embark on such a daft project, but on he went, dragging Dunfermline ever downwards in the process. Add on the big name signings and massive wages, the planned hotel, the executive boxes, the undersoil heating, the artificial surface, Pitreavie and all the other trappings of a pretend big time club. Dunfermline's stay in the SPL was unsustainable but year after year the overspending went on and on and didn't stop until Masterton ran out of people to con. If you had the same situation today how many Pars supporters would agree with just one of his ludicrous decisions?

Er, to comply with SPL regulations we did have to rebuild East End Park, as did a host of clubs which didn't help any of them financially. And undersoil heating is something a lot of clubs have, so I'm not sure what your point is with that? For the pitch, we received a UEFA grant to install and by hiring it out, it was generating income. It proved costly to rip it out and put grass back in though.

Masterton has shafted a huge number of people, but I would say that the major root of it was the gross overspending on players / wages in the 2000s.