Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Won't be Dan O'Reilly. Signed for Partick.

Get the feeling we'll be looking at young centre backs at a bigger club. Then try sign them at the end of the season if they are half decent at this level and unwanted at their club.

Really think we need to replace Bene's experience though. Not sure we can trust him to stay fit for the remainder of the season with the recurring injuries he's had.

Any centre backs at Celtic and Rangers B? 

On the second part you'd think that'd suit Ashcroft. If we could get him. 

7 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Any centre backs at Celtic and Rangers B? 

On the second part you'd think that'd suit Ashcroft. If we could get him. 

Aye, Ashcroft coming back would fit the bill perfectly.

In terms of Celtic B- They have a 20 year old centre half called Dane Murray. Made his debut in the Champion League a couple years ago. Was injured for 12 months last season but back again this season. 

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye, Ashcroft coming back would fit the bill perfectly.

In terms of Celtic B- They have a 20 year old centre half called Dane Murray. Made his debut in the Champion League a couple years ago. Was injured for 12 months last season but back again this season. 

A player with an injury history, once promising who's playing for an Old Firm B team? 

Hope he's still got his surgeons number because he's getting injured at EEP by the end of the month, unlucky saaan. 

Just now, HoBNob said:

A player with an injury history, once promising who's playing for an Old Firm B team? 

Hope he's still got his surgeons number because he's getting injured at EEP by the end of the month, unlucky saaan. 

Haha. Just read more about him. He out injured again.  Maybe leave that one.

Noticed Liam Craig is now Callum Davidson’s assistant at Queens Park. He’s been involved in our match day stuff the last wee while and presumably been helping out with training as well. Assumed he’d actually joined the club and just hadn’t been announced, since he was always in full Pars gear. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Noticed Liam Craig is now Callum Davidson’s assistant at Queens Park. He’s been involved in our match day stuff the last wee while and presumably been helping out with training as well. Assumed he’d actually joined the club and just hadn’t been announced, since he was always in full Pars gear. 

Was he not helping Arbroath in the period between Dick leaving and Jim joining?

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Wasn't aware of that, was he at games?

I know he was in helping Arbroath when they fired their dick.

On 09/01/2024 at 12:31, Nat Weederburn said:

That account just throws things at the wall and hopes it sticks, then deletes incorrect tweets. Sure they said in the summer that Steven Fletcher to us was a done deal too. 

They have also now deleted the tweet linking Hogarth to us since Dumbarton are signing him. 

On that note, I don't really see the benefit of signing another goalkeeper in January, I'd rather spend that wage on defenders/strikers to improve the team itself. Praying we have at least a couple signings lined up this week, but preparing for disappointment. 

That account also has us linked with Andy Halliday ( I don’t believe this for a second btw) same with the Dom Thomas stuff but until like a Scott Burns/Craig Cairns courier or the FFP has an exclusive saying they’re signing then I’m believing nothing what I’m seeing just now 

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Wasn't aware of that, was he at games?

I know he was in helping Arbroath when they fired their dick.

He was at the Raith game at new year, in full Pars gear. Was on the pitch during the warm ups. Then on Friday, he was in the dugout. There were 2/3 times that the camera showed McPake in the dugouts and Liam Craig was sitting beside him.

IMG_7320.jpeg

Edited by CallumPar

I think there's an outside chance we sign noone. I think we're very light on money and if McPake and the board feel we have enough to stay safe of relegation, even allowing for recoveries for injuries, I suspect they'll want to try and maximise their options and budget for the close season window. Not saying I agree with it but I think expectations need to be calibrated somewhat.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He was at the Raith game at new year, in full Pars gear. Was on the pitch during the warm ups. Then on Friday, he was in the dugout. There were 2/3 times that the camera showed McPake in the dugouts and Liam Craig was sitting beside him.

Oft never noticed this on Friday, probably because I was looking through my fingers in case anyone else got injured.

11 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

I think there's an outside chance we sign noone. I think we're very light on money and if McPake and the board feel we have enough to stay safe of relegation, even allowing for recoveries for injuries, I suspect they'll want to try and maximise their options and budget for the close season window. Not saying I agree with it but I think expectations need to be calibrated somewhat.

Absolutely no one who has any idea about football will be thinking the size of the squad is fine.

Maybe we don't bring anyone in, which I think is unlikely, but you would have to be completely mad not to try. If deals can't be done for the targets then get any warm body in.

14 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

No. The club will absolutely be trying to bring in new players, there is no doubt about that. This post is the sort of thing I’d expect people to make up on .net and Facebook.

Disappointed to see reading comprehension is poor on Pie & Bovril - it's the sort of declining educational standards I'd expect on lesser forums like .net and Facebook. ;)

I didn't say they wouldn't try to sign anyone. But rather that we're not overly active in the market, whether that's down to the league position and form of us/other teams, a very limited budget or some other reason. I also don't think we're buying/loaning from a position of strength - unlikely we'd want to sign anyone up beyond the summer and that's not exactly going to have players knocking the door down. As bad as the situation is, I don't think the club should or need to be throwing money at the squad - I do think we should have more than enough to be safe.

Just to be clearly so you boys don't wet yourself: I do think we need at least an experienced centre-half and something different in centre of midfield in this transfer window. I'm just not convinced that's going to happen.

15 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

I didn't say they wouldn't try to sign anyone.

48 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

if McPake and the board feel we have enough to stay safe of relegation, even allowing for recoveries for injuries, I suspect they'll want to try and maximise their options and budget for the close season window.

That very much sounds like you’re implying the board/manager might not want to add to the team this window. I’m honestly not sure what else you were trying to say here?