Walking Down The Halbeath Road

To be honest I couldn't believe how low the pars attendance was. Hearts brought a great support but I'm at a loss as to why the pars fans didn't turn out in numbers to get £ into the club when it really needs it?

I've always enjoyed going to EEP with hearts and Dunfermline are a good club but need the support of its fans now more than ever.

I'm sure you'll hear various reasons (mostly ridiculous), but I think the simple fact is that it wasn't an appealing game for many, being a boring home friendly on a summer's afternoon. Combine that with the fact that quite a lot of our fans seem to think things are ok, and the fact that we don't actually have many fans, and you can see why the turnout was low.

Personally I can't stand home friendlies; they bore me to f**k. And I'm sure the club(s) will be able to get by without my £10 or whatever, or if either club dies, I'm sure my £10 would have made no difference.

Edited by DA Baracus

Me as well - I absolutely detest friendlies and I'm quite sure I enjoyed my day up the hills today much more than I'd have enjoyed being at EEP. Looking forward to the first proper games coming up against Cowden and East Stirlingshire though, both of which I'll be at.

I've already had one fuckwit Jambo pal of mine (who wasn't there today, incidentally) berate us for our home support, and he said that we deserve what's coming to us (essentially claiming, we deserve liquidation).

Now, most of my Jambo pals are as good as gold, but muppets like him make people think a lot of Hearts fans are arrogant sods who think they can look down on everyone else. They're a much bigger club than us, this was their first friendly in Scotland since they went into administration so of course they'd bring many fans. It's also T in the Park weekend, many people are on holiday (including near enough everyone I go with), Pars fans have poured a lot of money in over the last 7-8 months and, traditionally, friendlies aren't well attended.

Hearts brought a good crowd - fair enough. But why people are having a go at our turnout for a friendly is beyond me. I actually thought it was ok.

As for the game, we played well in the second half, knocked it about well and probably deserved a draw. Was a good work out and some encouraging signs going forward.

parsforlife wrote:

I like it. Have we ever had a strip that everybody liked? Can't remember one that hasn't had at fair number of people that hate it.

I no longer like it, Looks smart from the front but having an all black back ruins it. GET STRIPES ON THE BACK!!!

I'll probably get used to it, but it's very disappointing.

Edited by parsforlife

The hearts fans getting a soggy gusset over their crowd and the size of our crowd need to get a life. No one gives a shit about friendlies, this has always been the case. What they also seem to forget is we have been in administration for a while now, and the thought of a meaningless friendly against Hearts wasn't exactly the most appealing offer people had this weekend.

But as usual. You'll always get the odd crowd wanks.

Agreed. I arrived I town bang on full time and enjoyed a walk along Halbeath Road and a few pints with some mates, not even bothered about missing it. The serious business begins at East Stirling for me

Sent from my LT30p using Pie & Bovril mobile app

No one should ever have to feel that they have to 'justify' not going to a football match. When folk come out and say that fans are 'looking for excuses not to go', I think that they are an utter w**k. As if you have to have a reason for not going, and also have to justify that reason. Some will say that others aren't as big a fan as they are for not going, and if I fall into that category, I really couldn't care. There are far more important things in life than being a 'great' fan of an organisation that has systematically stuck the fingers up at their customers for the past 15 or so years.

I freely state that I will hardly be at any home games this season. They'll most likely be shit, and I'd rather save the money or spend it on something worthwhile. I'll be at almost all away games hopefully, but that's simply because I enjoy the day out far more than the football (although I do enjoy the game sometimes mind). I'll also say that if we're involved in any big games, be it to avoid being in the 3rd division playoffs or the get into the 2nd division playoffs, I'll probably go along to them if they are at East End. If this makes me a 'glory hunter' then again, I couldn't give a shit.

I reckon you need a holiday DA Baracus.

Good poster but damn, you seem to get angry a lot.

:lol:

On reading it back, it does seem quite angry! I didn't mean it to be. It's been a long time since I've got worked up over the football (actually it was after the 3-3 draw at Firhill, but that was down to getting riled up by the wee fannies acting hard and offering out our whole support from behind the safety of the stewards and police and the loss of the 95th minute equaliser). But even then I was fine about 5 minutes later.

I'd love a holiday mind. The last one I had was to Sweden. Gothenburg to be precise. In 2007. August I believe. Sigh....

Edited by DA Baracus

From personal experience mate, I'd say when you write two paragraphs on a football forum you probably do care about it. I get your point though; it's your time and money, do whatever you want with it.

For me, I am excited about the new season. Going in with little expectations and a group of young players with everything to prove. Plus, as you said, lots of new places to go and see on the trains!

In terms of what DA Baracus has said, he's completely correct. Nobody is under any obligation to go to watch / support their team. I was slightly disappointed with the home crowd, but only because I was hoping to see the potential that we could have for this season as a fan base. But, when you think about it, it's still probably a bigger home support for a friendly than what we've had over the past few years. We got just over 500 last summer for the home match vs Bristol City for example.

In terms of the match, we started quite well and were unlucky not to go in front - the Hearts goalie made a fantastic save to claw the ball away from right on the goal line. Then Hearts dominated for the majority of the first half without causing Hvrinak too many problems. He couldn't do much with either of the goals, IMO. Hamill slotted his penalty away well and the defence were sleeping at the corner to allow McKay a free header. Second half we were totally dominant and I can't remember too many attacks by Hearts - only really crosses in to the box when they got forward in the second 45 more than shots. Only concern was Hvrinak mis-interpreting the cross from the free kick early on into that second period which looped over his head and hitting the post. Geggan, rightfully, had a wee go at him straight afterwards. Cross balls does seem to be a problem for the young Slovak but hopefully with more first-team games this season, it'll get less and less of a problem. Remember he's only played something like 10-15 first team games for us and probably not a lot more in the rest of his career. He's only 21 or 22 I believe. Falkingham, Byrne and the young loan signing from Dundee Utd, Ferguson, were a lot more direct for us in the second half and that helped. Byrne in particular was excellent and despite only playing 45 minutes he was my MoM. Kerr Young looked steady. Millen grew in to the game. Whittle looks like he's played LB all his life. Wallace is back to fitness now so will hopefully get back to the player we all know he can be. Had a decent enough 45 minutes. Thomson continued his scoring record which breeds confidence. Potter was steady despite up against younger and faster players. Even the youngsters who came on for their first team debut's didn't look too bad - Williamson at RB, Martin at CB; Buchan and Spence too. The team looks like it'll be competitive this season, but mistakes will occur and results won't always go our way. I'll settle for 8th place now! The only negative from yesterday was the injury to Allan Smith who was doing -pretty well. JJ said after the game it's his ankle, it'll be assessed on Monday but they hope it'll only be 2/3 weeks out.

Hopefully another decent crowd vs Falkirk next week; another good performance, and I wouldn't mind a victory, either!! :D

COYP!! :)

got the auld yin's 50th so doubt i'll be there, if I didn't have anything on then I would head along, not bothered about missing it though.

as far as pre season games go, yesterday was pretty good.