Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

More whatabout Falkirk!!!!!!

You entered the discussion here. This is an issue that affects football in general, just happens to be our club just now. But you've got your issues with bellends too, which you're all aware of.

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If the authorities were to decide to punish the club then I don't think saying "But what about Falkirk" is going to help the matter.

This isn't what about Falkirk to the authorities.

It's a question of why we're acting different to other clubs given they have similar issues.

And there has been zero examples of any punishment being handed out to clubs for fan behaviour by Scottish authorities, it's just not going to happen unless strick liability gets voted in, and every time it gets discussed it's thrown out by clubs quickly.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It's a question of why we're acting different to other clubs given they have similar issues.

And there has been zero examples of any punishment being handed out to clubs for fan behaviour by Scottish authorities, it's just not going to happen unless strick liability gets voted in, and every time it gets discussed it's thrown out by clubs quickly.

Falkirk dont have anything remotely close to the issues you are getting from the NW

The issues at the North West are unacceptable let’s be honest. No whataboutery or excuses, the behaviour from some in that stand is intolerable.

The Club might get stick for closing the stand but it’s not an option they’ll be taking lightly and I’m sure it’s hoped the threat alone is enough to nip it in the bud.

Fact is, there are lots of idiots in the NW throwing pyro, vapes and other items onto the pitch during matches. Anyone who does that should be banned from EEP.

If DAFC are asked to weigh up potentially losing some of the atmosphere inside the ground or incurring big fines, it’s a complete no brainer.

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That's probably because your rowdy section is miles away from the pitch. 

I remember stuff getting thrown at Higginbotham we he unleashed thon grass cutter and scored at the Falkirk end. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

That's probably because your rowdy section is miles away from the pitch. 

Doesnt really matter why its is. Theres things that are up for valid debate here. But Falkirk having a problem thats in any way similar to yours is not one of them. The right thinking among your fans, Baracus stands out on this issue, have been calling t his out for at least 2 maybe 3 seasons as a big problem that the club are struggling to get a lid on so no one should be surprised if the club up the ante. For me, the point at which the talking has to stop is if fellow customers and footballers/officials are being placed in physical danger as a matter of routine. That has been the case for a while now. Again though, not my words but the words of the right thinking on here, and of your club itself. 

The wider conversation of fan behaviour at football is there to be had and I can understand folk feeling aggrieved if the Pars board choose to take collective action that punishes everyone, but id also argue that they have probably tried their best up to this point, and actually should be credited for taking the duty of care for those attending East End as customers or at their work seriously.

Personally I think strict liability should be implemented.  

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If DAFC are asked to weigh up potentially losing some of the atmosphere inside the ground or incurring big fines, it’s a complete no brainer.

We are not under threat of big fines,  yes costs like seat replacement or extra stewarding maybe considered along the same lines, but fines will not happen.

30 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

What other grounds are there where the linesmen are having stuff chucked at them so often to the point it's probably been raised to the SPFL?

Just because sanctions haven't been imposed on clubs before doesn't meant they can never be.

What if, for example, the safety certificate for the NW was revoked, rendering it not usable? Not saying that will happen as I don't know what will happen if the issues aren't resolved, but the statement very much implies there will be repercussions if it's not sorted.

Edited by DA Baracus

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What other grounds are there where the linesmen are having stuff chucked at them so often to the point it's probably been raised to the SPFL?

Just quickly, Easter road, tynecastle, starks, Falkirk, Hampden, Somerset...

The only reason you don't hear about it is because we're the only ones who put stuff out in public.

I do want to be clear tho, I don't support this behaviour, I want the perpetrators identified and banned.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

If the authorities were to decide to punish the club then I don't think saying "But what about Falkirk" is going to help the matter.

You're correct, and I've said consistently the club needs to do something. In fact nobody is debating that. They effectively cleared so called Section E back from the back of the Norrie back in 2014ish after flares being thrown against Forfar. They closed Section L in the NW. But closing a whole stand isn't right and it isn't fair. The west section where they cause problems, close that section, why should all the other fans suffer, they shouldn't. There's stuff the club can still do and supporters can do more.

Edited by North West