Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yes but it was long patently obvious it was a financial disaster but folks just turned a blind eye for some reason.

Yes, andyou knew all along, didn't you? :unsure2:

Funniest bit of the book was the descriptions about dick Campbell.

Bingham said nobody listened to him but somehow he managed to convince them to kick and slap or wrestle in training. Nish broke his wrist ffs!

I think since following the pars the mid to late 90s was my favourite era. Even more so than leishmans time. I bet we were a tough team to play against.

Yes but it was long patently obvious it was a financial disaster but folks just turned a blind eye for some reason.

When threatened with legal action or told that masterton was a secretary of a major global financial institution so let him decide most would keep quiet also.

I posted on dot net that everything was built on sand. I was publicly named and abused by a moderator and provoked into attacking him back then his posts were edited back and I was banned. How can you deal with this kind of corruption and cover up? Would like to know.

Get a crowdfunding page going, I'm sure plenty of Pars would would put a few quid towards the project.

Some of the material is just incredible. The sheer number of long-term contracts and high transfer fees is insane. Greg Shields being signed two weeks before the squad is asked to take a sizeable wage cut being the "highlight". Totally moronic management of a football club from those in charge.

There are funny parts as well; fans critical of the Brewster signing made me laugh and shows that sometime we talk out of our own arses, Rossi randomnly reporting for pre-season training at the start of 03/04 was also a great visual. Think the saddest part, other than the Norrie stuff, was how sad everyone was that Chris McGroarty's career never went anywhere. I remember thinking how good a player he was and my Dad saying he was destined to go down South or play for the OF. A warning to Ryan Williamson about what can happen when things don't go to plan.

As for everything after Davie Hay took charge...*shudders*

I really enjoy the interviews and insights from former players and managers. They are the best parts, along with the exhaustive research and nostalgia. Hope there is similar great content in Volume II.

Youssef Rossi, the man who obliterated the line between genius and madness. The mercurial Moroccan, possibly the best and worst player I have seen watching the Pars.

He should have been the Pars first £1million transfer. But he had no fuse where a short fuse might've done. A fist fight in Aberdeen being a real lowlight but he could also be almost world class. I remember him bossing Didier Agathe at East End to an almost embarrassing extent.(Although that may not be the best compliment...)

What could've been...

What was thr obsession with building a hotel at East End all about? Who did they imagine was going to stay in it?!

Calderwood talked about it being somewhere for athletes or people to stay after getting treatment at eep clinic. Apparently souness and others were interested. Considering Yates was a really good physio it wasn't a terrible idea but pie in the sky maybe?

Ideas way above their station though as if we were a world power in football or something.

More worth in compiling that than in any composition you have yet posted on here - you were the guy I recall who thought hubris was the absolute opposite of what it really is!

Start of that sentence makes no sense whatsoever and I don't think I've ever posted about hubris on P&B, nor even typed the word.

Unsurprising that you'd be talking absolute pish though.

Another thing from the book (sorry to keep harping on..) but how many fucking times did we draw Celtic or Rangers in the cup?! Seemed to be every season.

Season 02-03 we got Rangers in the quarters of both League and Scottish Cups. Should have won both games.

Calderwood talked about it being somewhere for athletes or people to stay after getting treatment at eep clinic. Apparently souness and others were interested. Considering Yates was a really good physio it wasn't a terrible idea but pie in the sky maybe?

Ideas way above their station though as if we were a world power in football or something.

This was Stadia (shudder) with their, ahem, realistic, football hotel plans.

This was Stadia (shudder) with their, ahem, realistic, football hotel plans.

Once Livi went bust it was all over. He conned the Livvy chairman into thinking BOS was backing it by turning up in their car etc. Apparently arranged for a gangster to threaten him afterwards too.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SHUT+IT..OR+ELSE%3B+Ex-football+chief+claims+gangster+threatened+him...-a0127910608

Once Livi went bust it was all over. He conned the Livvy chairman into thinking BOS was backing it by turning up in their car etc. Apparently arranged for a gangster to threaten him afterwards too.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SHUT+IT..OR+ELSE%3B+Ex-football+chief+claims+gangster+threatened+him...-a0127910608

The charming world of business... If Masterton is THAT connected then I am not going to make any comment on him except that I am sure he and all his associates are all delightful individuals. Edited by Joe schmo

Utter pish.

So you then I assume thought there was a clever master plan whilst I was at a number of meetings and seminars involving BoS in late 90s where they described their views of funding Scottish football which I and my colleagues thought were laughable and were in cloud cuckoo land Edited by Cowden Cowboy

So you then I assume thought there was a clever master plan whilst I was at a number of meetings and seminars involving BoS in late 90s where they described their views of funding Scottish football which I and my colleagues thought were laughable and were in cloud cuckoo land

You will also know when powerful interests have a notion, they will force it through regardless of logic. Business seems to be often like an evil version of pass the parcel. The game only ends when access to money ends.

If the Pars had more guaranteed income at the time, the game played out by Masterton at the time might still be going on as it appears to be in other parts of Scotland...

Any chance you guys can post this stuff on one f?

Some of our fans seem to have this idea that spending cash you can't afford is great and when you do have some you should definitely throw it at luxury players.

In the past a lot of our fans have complained about the club taking prudence to a new level.

We learned our lesson in 1998 and some seem to applaud CC and GC making outrageous decisions in 08 that nearly put us back to 98 problems.

That's us back on a decent footing at last but it isn't nice.

We lost our place in the SPL because of crazy financial decisions. Pars lost their place in the SPL and Championship too with theirs.

Be good to have the 2 clubs back up the topflight and run by people who aren't mental.