Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Seen comments like that last season and well.....

That was a different situation. There are only 15 games to go. Playoff place is virtually assured. There has to be a 3 game swing for A*r to win. Leaving 12 games. 8 wins'll do it so when Stuart and Tam are at the Glen Pavilion, it should be a title winning celebration. I sure as sh*t hope so!

What is the point of the Fife Clubs investing in an elite academy if the intention is to sign other clubs 17 year old rejects. ? And one who has been at 3 clubs already !

That's pretty much been our youth policy for years now. Pick the best rejects from the top SPL clubs.

From an insider I heard we were getting funding from somewhere and misleading local youth teams in thinking that there was a chance their players could be taken on and trained. They were taken and just tossed aside and we used the cash to get players from Rangers, Celtic, hibs, United and hearts.

End result young players confidence shattered and teams broken up. I'm sure if they were great they would have made it but it's unfair to put them up against guys who have been through the best training and to me it was misleading the investment.

Hard to think of many local lads we've brought through, less than Cowden anyway.

Couldn't give a f**k about how local a player is, pick the best players we can afford regardless of how that is achieved.

Yes sign lots of foreign imports and mercenaries instead of trying to develop local talent - will be a great strategy for Scottish football despite such an approach already having badly weakened the standing of the Scottish game

If the local players were good enough surely they wouldn't be tossed aside? Why should we persist with players just because they're from Fife?

If you're good enough and we can afford them then I couldn't care less where they come from.

If we're releasing young players it's because they're not good enough, simple really.

Highly doubt any manager has ever contemplated signing a player but decided against it as they are too local.

Even Valleyfield?

:lol:

Anyway I think the point I was making wasn't that we shouldn't sign non local players just that seems to be our policy. Getting funding to supposedly bring through local talent seems a bit off when we don't seem to be. There has to be some talent out there and I believe that hearts are scouting a fair bit of talent from this area. We should be the team to go to for local lads, I don't know why we aren't?

It does seem a little short sighted just to spend the money on rejects so we can get a U20s side that ultimately doesn't produce much end product for the club.

Why not build good facilities, scrap the U20s and blood youngsters on loan? Would that be cheaper? Just an idea.

Yes sign lots of foreign imports and mercenaries instead of trying to develop local talent - will be a great strategy for Scottish football despite such an approach already having badly weakened the standing of the Scottish game

"Sign lots of foreign imports." Yes, we're doing that just now, aren't we.

We have a fairly young squad, and I'm happy with that. Whether they're from Kelty or Elgin, I don't care, but we certainly haven't just drafted in randoms from all over the globe for the sake of it. It's hardly harmful to the Scottish game to overlook a local boy to sign a Glaswegian instead.

McCabe and MAC were needed at the time but they have turned out to be the wrong type of personalities and have the ability but not the right attitude imo.

Signing a target man would be more useful than another lightweight midfielder.

I would say the priorities are

Strong battling midfielder

Full back

Target man

I realise our level dictates we can't have everything but we need those three players to make sure we win the league.

We need to keep tabs on this young prospect Dods at Brechin - see he scored on Saturday.

Cheesy away. Any idea why that is?

Clause in his contract allowed him to move to a foreign club if the opportunity arose.

He done us a turn by playing well below his level, wish him all the best. Was integral in us pissing all over Ayr over the last couple of months.