Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Byrne any good lads?

He can look really classy - great weight of passing and an eye for goal. Then he can be totally anonymous and I think that's why he has not been a regular starter. As you'd have seen of you were at the game where we beat you 3-1 earlier in the season, our midfield is more about breaking stuff up and feeding the ball quickly to the front guys rather than worrying too much about having more of the ball. Byrne probably more suited to a team who look to boss possession.

Really good player at this level and handy at least in the Championship, though I'd be sceptical of him any higher than that.

I really like him, though. He can be a bit of an unsung hero at times with the aforementioned breaking up play and key passes but then he can be a passenger. Hope he stays with us.

Byrnes being linked with Dundee and Hibs

Didn't see that coming.

Byrne any good lads?

I'm not sure, I think it would be better for him to "move on" because he's had such a stop start career here. He's got a fantastic touch, before Faissal he was the best player I'd seen at getting out of a tight situation, could juggle a tennisball in a phonebox and all that good stuff. He doesn't mind a tackle either. He just doesn't impose himself enough on games though and he can come across as being anonymous, a midfield 3 would suit him.

Either way I think it's all a bit o bullocks, no coincidence these stories have came out the week after we've won the league and agents know we'll be approaching them with new contracts, gives them a better bargaining position.

Either way I think it's all a bit o bullocks, no coincidence these stories have came out the week after we've won the league and agents know we'll be approaching them with new contracts, gives them a better bargaining position.

Agree, highly doubt clubs have watched our players all season but needed last week before finally deciding to try and get our players.

haha read that just after having 'chapped' eggs on a couple of Baynes rolls.

Jobs a good un.

Time to go to the boozer now, got a party to attend.

COYP

I'd be giving shooey a wide berth today ypb. He'll be emitting eggy farts all day.

Every time you lose a game it makes me smile, nothing more.

To hate is a sad experience, and has to be a lot more serious than a game of football.

Yet you clearly check the Dunfermline thread regularly and can't help yourself but spew vitriol when it all gets a little bit too much  :lol:

We would be entitled to compensation. Personally wouldn't have even offered him a deal for next season, so a fee would be good

Was my thinking for next season, if he were to sign on he'd be backup again. He needs to move for his own good if anything.

Good on the ball but has faded badly in just about every game I've watched him.

Failed to bulk up physically and improve defensively despite being full time.

Would bit your hand off for compensation. Reckon it's agents at it. He's not good enough for league one so how can he go to Dundee?

Had forgotten Nick Phinn.He looked like a player who would go on to better things.Remember him scoring a lot of important goals for us.Now playing amateur.

This always baffled me, he was crucial and won young player of the year iirc in 08-09 (?), and then barely got a chance the title-winning season.

That's put me in mind of Bell as well, I remember when he first came he was a lazy, shit b*****d, never seen a player improve as much as he did, was gutted when he got injured, ruined his career tbh, if it wasn't for that injury I think he'd have been a key player for us in the Premier League

This always baffled me, he was crucial and won young player of the year iirc in 08-09 (?), and then barely got a chance the title-winning season.

That's put me in mind of Bell as well, I remember when he first came he was a lazy, shit b*****d, never seen a player improve as much as he did, was gutted when he got injured, ruined his career tbh, if it wasn't for that injury I think he'd have been a key player for us in the Premier League

In fairness to Bell when he first joined, Macca tended to play him on the right hand side of midfield often, which was never his natural position, and nor did he have the pace for it. We then saw the promise he'd shown at Stirling Albion when he got a consistent run of games in the centre.

He was absolutely fantastic in the opening period of the title winning season until he got injured that day at Cappielow. Was a real shame for team and player.