Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Faissal happy at Pars he said in interview he would like to stay

Players say that sort of thing all the time though. I'm sure he would like to say, but if a good offer came to him, he may be tempted.

At one extreme, there is the view that supporters are simply the customers of a football clubs. The customers of, say, Tesco or Marks & Spencer, do not have the right to participate in the decision-making processes of those companies nor do they have they rights to bid or to buy.

We do not share the extreme view and neither do many who are involved in Scottish football. Football clubs are not ‘normal’ commercial enterprises. As their name suggests, they are ‘clubs’ and the supporters are vital members of, and participants in, those clubs.

Scotland’s football clubs are an important part of their local communities and many need to strengthen and improve their links to their communities. It is perhaps more important to encourage community ownership of these clubs, rather than the wider supporter ownership. It is entirely possible for a club to be run as a community-focussed enterprise, owned by people who are supporters of the club, and with there being no single, controlling shareholder.

A club owned by a broad range of like-minded shareholders, who are alert to the commercial realities of the current state of Scottish football, can only expect to succeed commercially if it appeals to its community and plays an active role in that community.

Mon the Pars.

Yeah. Why on earth would he want to be paid more money to play football at a higher level?

He does seem happy with his life in Dunfermline, he's an incredibly popular player and he now does have the chance at a higher level at which he's never consistently played. My gut feeling is that he'll leave, and you really couldn't grudge him a step up, but an offer of more money by no means automatically means that a player will move on.  

He does seem happy with his life in Dunfermline, he's an incredibly popular player and he now does have the chance at a higher level at which he's never consistently played. My gut feeling is that he'll leave, and you really couldn't grudge him a step up, but an offer of more money by no means automatically means that a player will move on.

:lol:

After reading the club response to the doc, I'm slightly concerned at the tone of the response in terms of fan ownership. 

I was also slightly alarmed at their belief that directors are the best people to define who is a fan. This is all well and good when you have good directors, but how the hell would this have helped when Masterton was in?

After reading the club response to the doc, I'm slightly concerned at the tone of the response in terms of fan ownership. 

I was also slightly alarmed at their belief that directors are the best people to define who is a fan. This is all well and good when you have good directors, but how the hell would this have helped when Masterton was in?

I was actually encouraged when I read it. Seemed well thought out and reasoned.