Travelling to a German game

McLee

More help required gents...

The dates for the Gladbach v Schalke game was released today so I went online to buy tickets direct from the club and its sold out!!!!

Ive emailed the club a few times and had no response apart from a generic email but this has kind of scunnered my plans, any advice on the best way to get tickets for the match!!!

Cheers in advance.

The dates for the Gladbach v Schalke game was released today so I went online to buy tickets direct from the club and its sold out!!!!

Ive emailed the club a few times and had no response apart from a generic email but this has kind of scunnered my plans, any advice on the best way to get tickets for the match!!!

Cheers in advance.

I know it sounds daft, but try phone the club and explain your situation. Generally most people I've spoken to at various clubs speak English. They may have access to a few tickets. Also try things like the tourist information centre of Monchengladbach to see if they have any sources. Also viagogo. I saw the revised fixture list last night and our game(Hamburg v Dusseldorf) is on the Saturday afternoon. Was kinda hoping that Bremen's game would be put to the Sunday so we could take it in as well, but it's got a later time on Saturday evening, so we'll miss it. Edited by yogisbairns

Cheers in advance.

Either Viagogo or try outside the stadium before the game.

I'm in Hamburg for St. Pauli's last home game of the season so i've been looking at their site every day to see when i can try to get tickets. Today they've updated it and tickets go on a free sale on Wednesday, but as i read down the page i saw this:

Free sale

The free sale takes place on Wednesday, the 27.03.2013. However, only those who buy online and phone cards that have already this season cards for his own account. There are also the cards as usual on the map center. There, and only there, there are also the usual standing South (Per person for the time being a card). It get all the cards in the past that are still available after the sale members. This follows an info yet on Tuesday night. Per person per game, 4 cards can be purchased. For more ordering information is HERE .

Am I pretty much fucked then, seeing as i've not bought tickets from them before?

I'm in Hamburg for St. Pauli's last home game of the season so i've been looking at their site every day to see when i can try to get tickets. Today they've updated it and tickets go on a free sale on Wednesday, but as i read down the page i saw this:

Free sale

The free sale takes place on Wednesday, the 27.03.2013. However, only those who buy online and phone cards that have already this season cards for his own account. There are also the cards as usual on the map center. There, and only there, there are also the usual standing South (Per person for the time being a card). It get all the cards in the past that are still available after the sale members. This follows an info yet on Tuesday night. Per person per game, 4 cards can be purchased. For more ordering information is HERE .

Am I pretty much fucked then, seeing as i've not bought tickets from them before?

That same info is still what's on the ticketing site. Unless you're a member then you have to have purchased tix directly from them during this season.

Game will more than likely sell-out since Braunschweig are challenging for the championship. Also had a look at the Braunschweig ticket-shop but couldn't see anything!

Only other games on in north Germany that weekend are Wolfsburg v. Dortmund (which will already be sold-out) and Bremen v. Frankfurt.

That same info is still what's on the ticketing site. Unless you're a member then you have to have purchased tix directly from them during this season.

Game will more than likely sell-out since Braunschweig are challenging for the championship. Also had a look at the Braunschweig ticket-shop but couldn't see anything!

Only other games on in north Germany that weekend are Wolfsburg v. Dortmund (which will already be sold-out) and Bremen v. Frankfurt.

Thought as much, but cheers anyway. I emailed the fanladen and they told me to try emailing the club 2 weeks before the game, even though there's next to no chance of any tickets being left, but we'll be around the stadium on matchday anyway just for the experience so we'll see what happens. Unfortunately the Saturday is when we travel down from Copenhagen so there's no chance of getting to the Bremen game.

We're going to Hertha's last game now as well, so hopefully that'll be the day they can win the title.

Edited by bullywee

Free sale

Schiess Sankt Pa*li.

Any Bears planning on going over to Germany should go and watch a Hamburg game, you'll be made more than welcome from our German brethren.

Schiess Sankt Pa*li.

Any Bears planning on going over to Germany should go and watch a Hamburg game, you'll be made more than welcome from our German brethren.

Had Hamburg been playing at home that weekend then I'd have been perfectly happy to go and see them. They are the people, after all.

Schiess Sankt Pa*li.

Sadly, the German fans seem to have spurious links to both Celtic and Rangers which is fine if you support one of the OF. However, as in the 6 of us who don't support any of the OF, it gets to be a pain in the arse every time you mention you're Scottish. It's automatically assumed that you support one or the other. Had this happen on about 6 occasions in one game in particular in Dortmund when I had a Scotland top on and in Hamburg as well.

I'm traveling to German on Friday, but the ticket scenario is fast becoming a farce.

I've already got tickets for Bochum and Duisburg games (Friday and Sunday respectively) thanks to German Jag, but I ordered tickets for the Dortmund game via Seatwave and they have still not been dispatched. I have changed the recipient address to my hotel, but in all honest I fear they are never going to be sent.

If I don't get them, the back up plan is to go to the Monchengladbach game instead. Should be easy enough to buy tickets from their fan shop in the morning as I can't see the game being a sellout.

I'm traveling to German on Friday, but the ticket scenario is fast becoming a farce.

I've already got tickets for Bochum and Duisburg games (Friday and Sunday respectively) thanks to German Jag, but I ordered tickets for the Dortmund game via Seatwave and they have still not been dispatched. I have changed the recipient address to my hotel, but in all honest I fear they are never going to be sent.

If I don't get them, the back up plan is to go to the Monchengladbach game instead. Should be easy enough to buy tickets from their fan shop in the morning as I can't see the game being a sellout.

Have never used Seatwave so not sure as to how many days prior to k/o etc. that tix get sent out. Presume you have a transaction / confirmation number. If nothing arrives either before you depart or is waiting for you upon arrival, then a quick call to Seatwave to advise of the situation . Presuming the tickets are "in the post" then they should be able to get these cancelled and arrange for replacements to be collected at the stadium.

As regards Mönchengladbach, no way will it sell out against Greuther Fürth. Was in Mönchengladbach 3 weeks ago for the Hannover game (2/3rds full). Plenty of pay at the gate ticket sellers, plus there'll be plenty of people trying to offload tickets. Take a walk round the stadium, see how good you can haggle!

Have just had an email confirming our Dortmund tickets have been dispatched and should arrive at our hotel tomorrow. That's leaving it pretty bloody late!

Paid £110 for each ticket but it will be worth it for the experience of stading on the big terrace.

what.png

Buying via touting websites (viagogo, seatwave etc) is pretty much the only way to get tickets for the terrace at Dortmund. It's probably the best experience in world football, so as an avid football fan I'm willing to pay just about anything to go.

• 3 months later...

Exact days and kick-off times announced today for the 1st 5 round of games in the Bundesliga 2013 / 14 season as well as up to round 7 for the BL2.

The English section of the DFL site hasn't been updated yet, but all of the set dates etc can be downloaded from here! or from the foot of this post.

Next update to be announced sometime in the 1st week in September.

bl_1-5.pdf

bl2_3-7.pdf

Edited by German Jag