For all their failings I don't think "misusing Bobby Roode" is something you can throw at TNA. They pushed him to the sky, sure he is their longest reigning heavyweight champ, and with gimmicks which suited him to a tee. What would you have done differently with Roode?

Edited by Christophe

That longest reign was about 7 months

That's says everything about the rest of the booking, not that particular reign. 7 months is a healthy run. What is it you'd have done differently again?

Edited by Christophe

For all their failings I don't think "misusing Bobby Roode" is something you can throw at TNA. They pushed him to the sky, sure he is their longest reigning heavyweight champ, and with gimmicks which suited him to a tee. What would you have done differently with Roode?

Did they not do about a 6 month build to roo vs angle, only to have angle go over.

Did they not do about a 6 month build to roo vs angle, only to have angle go over.

Yeah, but he didn't win clean so not sure you'd call it "going over"...then Roode won the title about 2 weeks later anyway

Edited by Christophe

Yeah, but he didn't win clean so not sure you'd call it "going over"...then Roode won the title about 2 weeks later anyway

Terrible decision, giving him it just after made it even worse

Terrible decision, giving him it just after made it even worse

That's because they were set to turn him heel against Storm. They couldn't have done that if he'd won the title clean as a face off Angle. Anyway, can't be risking looking like a TNA fanboy here, it's a diabolical promotion. Just don't see that they did anything wrong with Roode.

• 3 weeks later...

Really good match I thought this week between Bayley and Alexa Bliss - by far the best match Bliss has produced to date and good to see she is still improving. She has a good heel character so with improving in ring ability, I see no reason why she can't be ready for the main roster pretty soon.

2 out of 3 falls tag match was very good as expected. Alpha and Revival work really well together and I am more and more impressed with Revival everytime I see them. I think they are fantastic in the ring but you can tell they are the type of team who will be absolute jobbers on main roster if called up. Hope I'm wrong

The tag-team match was outstanding. I agree, the two teams work very well with one another - for all that Gable and Jordan might be the better of the two teams (and they absolutely are - I haven't been as excited about anyone since I first saw Chad Gable), the Revival are fantastic and offer an excellent counterpoint.

Really looking forward to seeing where both teams go from here.

I'm not sure there's much between Alpha and Revival, if anything at all. Revival are utterly brilliant. Alpha have that wee bit more character wise, and should be a success on the main roster, but Revival might be better as far as being a terrific tag team goes. They've wandered right out of the mid to late 80s tag scene.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not that into alpha. The matches I've seen have undoubtedly been good, but it just all seems so obviously choreographed with all the double team moves. Probably not explaining it very well, but it's hard to suspend disbelief when they're wrestling.

They're undoubtedly talented though, and they'll go far.

16 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm not sure there's much between Alpha and Revival, if anything at all. Revival are utterly brilliant. Alpha have that wee bit more character wise, and should be a success on the main roster, but Revival might be better as far as being a terrific tag team goes. They've wandered right out of the mid to late 80s tag scene.

Couldn't agree more, they remind me so much of Arn and Tully with the quick fire tags and brilliantly subtle wee heel mannerisms.