11 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Match of the year contender right there. Great finish. Call The Revival up to the main roster immediately, perfect heel team in WWE

11 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Genuinely one of my favourite matches ever. The Revival have mastered tag team wrestling. Get them to SDLive pronto.

Just finished this match. That was just.....wow. Nothing else to add other than, wow.

That was a thoroughly entertaining PPV. I can only add to what others have said but the tag-team match was sensational - you're always guaranteed a tremendous match with The Revival but that might have been their best so far. The false finishes at the end were great and I had no idea which way the match would go.

Although it's disappointing to see The Revival lose the belts, it couldn't have gone to two better competitors. Johnny Gargano must be one of the best babyfaces in the company just now.

I didn't really get into Roode/Dillinger that much.  Not to say it was a bad match or anything, just don't see it as as good as some have said.  

Asuka/James was solid - probably the best they could have hoped for given the empty room that the women's division is now.  Thought it ended pretty abruptly though.

Dusty Classic....meh.  What was really the point?  I know they're probably building up the heel team to go against the new face champs, but the match didn't really seem t fit anywhere.  Another solid match, and in no way bad, but the shark cage thing felt pretty out of place - probably because it was purely to promote a toy - and the previously dominant, dangerous heel team poses with the Rhodes family at the end like they're at a particularly meh Butlins.  I thought they might do something heelish after the win, but alas no.

The main event...ooft.  Absolutely did not see Nakamura being beaten, so that was a huge surprise, but the match itself was also pretty good.  Suitably brutal, and slightly better than the one they had last time.  I really hope it means that they're slingshotting Nakamura to the main roster, and not that they're going to have another few months of tepid build to a match at the next Takeover where they reevaluate.  

But the absolute gem of the night, obviously, is that tag team match.  It's an absolute shining example of what is great about wrestling.  Like Bryan winning at WM30, you build up that emotional investment, then put on a match that absolutely lives up to the hype and keeps you guessing right up to the last moment.  Personally I was always hoping for them to come up short one last time and then Ciampa to turn into the heel he already looks like.  Scary fucker.  But seeing them win it and the celebration after was brilliant.  Assuming they go up against Authors of Pain now, which should be interesting as the babyfaces in peril.  I wouldn't even be totally against them dropping at the Rumble if it means we get a singles feud leading up to Mania.  

And special props to the Revival.  They don't seem that universally popular, but from a pure performance standpoint, they're my favourite team to watch.  Enzo and Cass are more entertaining, American Alpha are more naturally athletic and impressive, but the Revival do all the little things absolutely perfectly.  Their heel work is brilliant, and I really hope that when they do go up - surely it's imminent - they don't just get lost in the shuffle and lose what has made them great.  Empty hope probably though.

That's a big concern. They absolutely deserve a chance on the main roster - their performances over the last 12 months or so have been consistently brilliant - but the tag-team divisions on both shows seem to be a bit of a deadzone at the moment (Smackdown a little less so than Raw) and, like you, I think they'd become jobbers like The Ascension or The Vaudevillians. A damn shame as well, as I've only now been able to tell them apart (Scott Dawson = Geoff Keegan from Byker Grove; Dash Wilder = doesn't).

17 hours ago, forameus said:

The main event...ooft.  Absolutely did not see Nakamura being beaten, so that was a huge surprise, but the match itself was also pretty good.  Suitably brutal, and slightly better than the one they had last time.  I really hope it means that they're slingshotting Nakamura to the main roster, and not that they're going to have another few months of tepid build to a match at the next Takeover where they reevaluate.

Writing this before I've seen Survivor Series or Raw so if Naka turned up on those then ignore me but....I did half expect Joe to win and Nakamura to get the rematch win in Osaka where they are off to soon.

Edited by Christophe

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2016 at 23:33, cb_diamond said:

Nakamura regained the title in Osaka.

Although it was obvious it was going to happen, still disappointing as unlikely either will be coming up now. Joe/Naka 4 in Texas before the Rumble?  Not really sure what else they can do now, but is there a credible enough heel to go up against Nakamura if Joe moves on?  Roode is probably the only option.

• 1 month later...

Takeover San Antonio is looming and whilst the card doesn't look as strong as many previous Takeover cards, it still looks like it will be tremendous. The main event especially looks like it will be fucking brilliant. Tag title match looks tasty and EY vs Tye Dillinger promises to be lovely. Woman's match should be a lot of fun as well. Full card as it stands is;

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Bobby Roode for the NXT Title

DIY vs Authors of Pain for the NXT Tag Team Titles

Asuka vs Peyton Royce vs Billie Kay vs Nikki Cross for the NXT Woman's Title

Eric Young vs Tye Dillinger

Andrade Almas vs Roderick Strong

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah its just a regular Fatal Four Way. And the other two would stop that.

It's still an oversight in logic imo, only takes a second to tap out for example, how would they stop them doing that?

Edited by Christophe