Agreed. I was thinking before it, how they would manage to make Owens look a credible threat and have him lose his very first meaningful match or how they'd make Zayn strong but have him drop his title on his first meaningful defense.

Well, they shut me up. I haven't seen any of their stuff together in the indies but agree that it felt a bit disjointed in the early stages even if I can't agree that there is zero chemistry there. I reckon there is a lot more mileage in this and they'll only get better.

Big fan of Owens but I do wish he'd stop going on about how he's doing this for his family, it makes his seem like such a candy-ass.

Big fan of Owens but I do wish he'd stop going on about how he's doing this for his family, it makes his seem like such a candy-ass.

See, I'm reading it differently. I loved that he went from dishing out such a brutal beating to a bubbling mess in the space of 30 seconds. Makes him seem genuinely psychotic and without any sort of empathy.

Another good episode this week. I'm really starting to warm to Enzo and Cass, it took me a while to like their gimmick and their catchphrases but im getting there. They do have to improve their in ring ability though as it's pretty basic at the moment but I guess that's why they are on NXT

JamieStevenson, on 19 Feb 2015 - 23:15, said:

Owens match with Neville was probably better than the one with Zayn tbh.

It was indeed. An absolute cracker. Steen and Neville had two utter screamers in PWG. This wasn't QUITE as good as that, but if they got a proper main event, I reckon they'd top it.

See, I'm reading it differently. I loved that he went from dishing out such a brutal beating to a bubbling mess in the space of 30 seconds. Makes him seem genuinely psychotic and without any sort of empathy.

Owens' performance on NXT the other night was tremendous and exactly the way you sum him up here. He joined the lads on commentary for Finn Balor's match with Brian Kendrick and got upset over something Alex Riley said to him - the stare and the way he said "I'm going to leave before I do something I regret" was pretty damn ominous, and sure enough, at the end of the match, he returned to the commentary booth and threw Riley across the desk before staring down Balor.

A genuinely scary guy.

NXT is really great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do you guys think Enzo and Cass would do on main roster in terms of their stuff on the mic. It's fantastic in nxt at the moment and really over but as we have seen in past, some stuff isn't handled well or transitioned well to Raw from NXT.

Their in ring work has a way to go I reckon but if they were to debut to the right crowd on main roster I think it might just work