Was sitting at home on Saturday night & thought, I wonder if I can get a chance to watch the 2hr special, as normally the 2hr episodes are only on the WWE Network. I follow the weekly episodes on Sky Plus. Anyway, much to my delight, I'm flicking through and notice that before the repeat of Smackdown, NXT was on, checked the details and to my delight it was the 2 hour special from Thursday.

Anyway, watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Devitt's entrance (Finn Balor) was tremendous, and went back to his regular indy entrances. Thoroughly enjoyed his tag team match, the Divas match (which is unusual for me as I usually flick past them) & the main event.

On a observation note, did anyone see the crowds reaction when Kenata (Heido Itami) set up Konnor/Victor (can't remember which) for the GTS? Place went nuts, but then the move was stopped by a reversal. He was the original wrestler who used this move? I didn't know this until I flicked through YouTube. At the time, I wondered why all the fans got so excited when he put the Ascention member on his shoulders & clicked as soon as I seen a YouTube video titled ''Kenata - Inventor of the GTS'' (or words to that effect).

Was an interesting moment.

Neville will probably be the bunny if WWE decisions lately have any indication.

I think he will have alot of problems as a singles guy if he goes up as he is now. Could easily be lost in the shuffle. I actually think Neville would be best suited in a tag team for his initial main roster run

I was talking to a few wrestling fans at work about Neville. One of them said 'aye he's IC level at best', while the other thinks he'd be better as part of a tag team. I would like to see him doing well, but think due to the mic skills being poor, he'll not really do much at all. Being the size he is, you really need to be able to back up your ability with mic skills to make it in the WWE. They have shown in recent years that they are willing to go with the smaller guy (eg Punk & Bryan) but that in order to succeed they need to be able to back up their in ring ability with great mic skills. Bryan & Punk are both good at this.

Neville has the disadvantage of not being American & having one of the broadest British accents around which in turn will go against him. As for the rumours that there going to give him a new gimmick before stepping up, yes I'd welcome that, so we'll see what they come up with, but their track record recently has been really disappointing...........New Day, Fandango to name a couple. Then you look at the recent graduates from NXT to the main roster and look at what they've done and the answer is not much. Big E started well, but his mic skills or lack of got the better of him, Bo Dallas (who I thought would do well) has sort of disappeared in recent months, Fandango hasn't really worked out how they'd hoped, the list goes on and on. Only one really, from the top of my head, that's done well are the Shield 3, with Reigns looking like the one out of those guys that creative seem to be pushing heavily. And that annoys me, cause I think he's the worst out the 3, both in ring and on the mic. However he has the advantage of ''the look'' which, especially in WWE, can take carry you a long way in the right direction.

To be completely honest though, the main roster shows need a good shake up as recently they have been utter garbage. I actually look forward to the NXT episode the most out of that, Smackdown & Raw these days & I've been like that for probably most of the year.

Out of all the NXT people that have came up to the main roster, I would say the following have been successes/failures so far

Successes

Bray Wyatt

Dean Ambrose

Luke Harper

Roman Reigns

Rusev

Seth Rollins

Jurys Out

Erick Rowan

Paige

Failures

Adam Rose

Big E

Bo Dallas

Xavier Woods

Emma

So pretty much (barring Rusev) the only successes so far were two factions - The Shield and The Wyatts as they carefully built their characters and storylines and seemed to ahve a long term plan for both. In the middle section, my head tells me that Erick Rowan will fall to the failure category and Paige should rise to the success category but not really seen enough from either yet to judge fully.

Out of all the NXT people that have came up to the main roster, I would say the following have been successes/failures so far

Successes

Bray Wyatt

Dean Ambrose

Luke Harper

Roman Reigns

Rusev

Seth Rollins

Jurys Out

Erick Rowan

Paige

Failures

Adam Rose

Big E

Bo Dallas

Xavier Woods

Emma

So pretty much (barring Rusev) the only successes so far were two factions - The Shield and The Wyatts as they carefully built their characters and storylines and seemed to ahve a long term plan for both. In the middle section, my head tells me that Erick Rowan will fall to the failure category and Paige should rise to the success category but not really seen enough from either yet to judge fully.

Spot on.

Big E & Xavier Woods currently in that New Day set up don't seem to be going anywhere yet again. Going with the success of the Shield & Wyatt Family, they could have done something with them by making them a credible force, but they already look like a black version of 3MB. I feel absolutely gutted for Kofi Kingston, he's one of my favourite wrestlers to watch, expected so much more from him & he's been the victim of WWE Creative yet again.

On the subject of the Wyatt Family just briefly, does anyone else think they missed the boat with D.Bryan joining them that time? What I mean by that is, do you not think they should have developed the story for a lot longer period? This would have then made the climax where he turns on Wyatt absolutely fantastic. I mean the pop they got in the steel cage when he did turn back to a face was great, but imagine if this had been done months down the line and it all came to a head at a PPV, it would have been much better. I sometimes feel that along with absolutely killing some story lines & wrestlers with their planning, they also are guilty of not giving a story enough time to fully develop and suck the fans in. That particular one sticks in my memory as being a missed opportunity. Anyone else agree?

On the subject of the Wyatt Family just briefly, does anyone else think they missed the boat with D.Bryan joining them that time? What I mean by that is, do you not think they should have developed the story for a lot longer period? This would have then made the climax where he turns on Wyatt absolutely fantastic. I mean the pop they got in the steel cage when he did turn back to a face was great, but imagine if this had been done months down the line and it all came to a head at a PPV, it would have been much better. I sometimes feel that along with absolutely killing some story lines & wrestlers with their planning, they also are guilty of not giving a story enough time to fully develop and suck the fans in. That particular one sticks in my memory as being a missed opportunity. Anyone else agree?

I think they were pushed into a rushed finish on this because of the very vocal reaction to a Wrestlemania main event not involving Bryan. So they wrapped the Wyatt story up pretty quickly to get him involved.

I feel sorry for Neville as it's obvious he's put in an absolute ton of work to look bigger. He's built like a brick shithouse nowadays compared to his time working the indys, but his height and lack of mic skills will be his undoing. Looks and ability are only half the battle, just look at Cesaro as proof of this.