Can't say I liked the opening match very much this week. Especially given that Summer Rae has been decent when I've seen her, so I'm wondering a bit about Bayley, but given she hasn't been about long, it's excusable I guess, and we got the right result.

Drake Younger was the referee for Sin Cara's match which was weird to see, but also good. Killing himself in the deathmatches in front of tens to hundreds of people to getting a referee gig in NXT, and potentially WWE. Good on him. Thought Sin Cara looked decent in this one, and was graceful in the execution. I'd be happy to see Sin Cara added to the already cracking NXT main event scene. Wesley Blake looked intense when he had the control of the match, and I hope he gets more chances.

Can't bring myself to care about such a bland guy as CJ Parker. The gimmick isn't bad, but it just doesn't come into effect enough, and everything about him screams "meh".

I always hate judging guys like Dempsey, especially when they get given so long in the ring with not that much experience. You can't expect someone to look great in that situation. So he didn't look great here, but nor would I expect him to.

It's easy to forget how hard Sami Zayn chops. Damn, he hits hard. Loved the ending of this match. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel are a great addition to NXT. Gabriel has a good look for the role too. I can see Nattie turning heel properly in the next few weeks as well. As for the match itself, I loved it. It was just a great TV style main event which is essentially what this was. They only ever go all out for the proper big matches, and this feels like more build for the future. They actually did more than I'd expect for a match like this, and I really want to see more. If we get a four way with these four men, and I reckon we will, it's bound to be an absolute beauty.

Enzo Amore and Colin Cassidy are over with the NXT audience. I've never seen Vaudevillains before. This is wonderful. Another one doomed for failure when it hits the main roster, but it's enjoyable stuff nonetheless. Cassidy is an impressive looking fellow, and it appears he can wrestle too. That is a crucial one-two which should see him in the main roster soon.

Parker vs. Woods was a bit of a shifty match. Parker is just a dreadful wrestler. Woods didn't look great here either to be fair.

The ladies put on a solid midcard style effort, and Sasha Banks' finisher was brilliant.

Adam Rose continues to impress in what is a full blown comedy gimmick now. He's doing a lot of the same things now in each match though, so I'm wondering about the shelf life of this.

The angle of Kidd trying to get out from Natalya's shadow is a good one. It allows Kidd to shine and also makes Natalya seem like a big deal. Good main event between Kidd and Zayn. Definitely felt like both guys were holding back for another match down the line, but they gave us enough to stick our teeth into. Tyson Kidd especially stood out here though.

KENTA likes kicking people. A lot. That'll obviously be toned down a bit though. I'd imagine he'll be more of a flyer as a result. Devitt is just total high impact all of the time. He does a lot of flying, but not totally spectacular moves. Stomps, knees and dropkicks are more his deal, but he uses a fair bit of them.

Not sure how KENTA will adapt. Japan to WWE is a big difference. Devitt doesn't have quite the same problem as he spent a long time in the UK and Ireland before heading off for NJPW.

Kevin Steen has also signed, which I'm happy about. Can be a bit goofy, but he's entertaining enough. Throws big power moves at people. Can move well for a guy his size as well.

Steen is brilliant. I think him being a right fatty and doing swantom bombs on people will automatically get him over. If not, his mic work - hopefully as a heel - should see him hated.

Slate Randall is all about charisma and mic skills. He's got the physique Vince loves so he's okay in that sense. Decent in the ring but he needs someone in there with him who isn't meh to have a good match. He loves his catchphrases. Oh, and Paul Bearer was his manager before he died and loved him.

You know you're jobbers when even the ring announcer doesn't give you a name. "Local talent" seems to be the name of this tag team collective. The commentators don't seem to care what their names are. That is a PROPER jobber match.

Mojo Rawley looked like he was set for a big NXT push naw long ago. Now he's being fed to the number one contender without even hitting a move, and only taking one himself. :lol: Good. He's annoying.

Charlotte vs. Summer Rae seemed to go along quite fine. So the actions of the audience seemed to be a bit odd to me, chanting "boring!" and then doing Mexican waves and stuff. Sure it wasn't riveting or anything, but that's just the stigma of women's wrestling I suppose. Anything less than a belter and the fans don't want to know.

Vaudvillains vs. Sin Cara and Kallisto comes next. Kallisto is a "next Rey" in the making for sure. Some impressive stuff here and a cracking finisher. The whole match was a lot of fun though. The Vaudevillains, for all of their shenanigans, are actually quite good, and the lucha team looked great here. Fun match this one.

We close with Adrian Neville vs. Rusev. They did naw bad here letting Neville look strong, having Tyler Breeze hit the ring whenever things were going south for Rusev, while Rusev was dominant so the interferences didn't harm him TOO much, but they did still ask questions.

Fun show, if nothing great.

There's people who they have no intention of moving up, and it's not a reflection on talent at all. NXT is now being treated as a different brand totally. There WILL still be some who go through it as a developmental of course, and WWE will still cherry pick, but they'll also leave guys as strictly NXT guys.

Right, NXT...

* Breeze vs. Dawkins: Squash match for Breeze this one. Not much else. The match was "annoying" according to Breeze. He has put his music video forward for an Oscar nomination in the Documentary section. Neville interrupts the music video being shown, which apparently makes you instant heel in this place. Breeze pulls out a Hobbit gag, and outdoes most of the main roster by being funny with the childish stuff. Neville does the same actually and we get a post-promo brawl. That was a fun wee segment there.

* Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch: I totally forgot she signed for NXT, I have to say. She was always one of the ladies on the indy scene that got a lot of praise and you can see why when you watch matches like this. It was essentially an extended squash for Charlotte, but they still gave Becky Lynch a lot here and that made for an entertaining enough match.

* The Ascension vs. Miles and Cutler: I think you know how this goes by now.

* Dempsey and Rawley vs. The Mechanics: Reasonable tag fare I suppose. Rawley and Bull got most of the offense and looked decent with it. I wonder if these are going to be your next tag champs. I fucking hope not.

* Rose vs. Kidd: Not a bad match by the usual standards of an Adam Rose match. Testament to how good Tyson Kidd is I suppose. The Nattie stuff kept the interest of the crowd as much as the match itself so it ticked the boxes it wanted to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

NXT Takeover: Fatal 4 Way is live tonight.

Mojo Rawley vs Bull Dempsey.

Enzo Amore vs Sylvestor Lefort (Hair vs Hair)

The Ascension © vs Kalisto & Sin Cara.

Charlotte © vs Bayley

Adrian Neville © vs Sami Zayn vs Tyler Breeze vs Tyson Kidd.

That Main event has me very excited indeed. Potential for match of the year.