Soulseek

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't personally like it but a few of my mates swear by DC++

I repeat though, Soulseek is an outdated piece of clunk.

Limewire is so much more user freindly and has far better results

I haven't used limewire personally but my mate has installed it cause he's got a mac and slsk don't support mac. He says it's shit and can never get what he's after.

As for soulseek, I have never come across a peice of music which I was unable to find on it. And I've downloaded some obscure shite in my time. I once waited 6 months to get an obscure trance album I used to listen to when I was 16. If you can get suntrance 2 on soulseek you can find anything.

I am soulseek's #1 ambassador :D

I haven't used limewire personally but my mate has installed it cause he's got a mac and slsk don't support mac. He says it's shit and can never get what he's after.

As for soulseek, I have never come across a peice of music which I was unable to find on it. And I've downloaded some obscure shite in my time. I once waited 6 months to get an obscure trance album I used to listen to when I was 16. If you can get suntrance 2 on soulseek you can find anything.

I am soulseek's #1 ambassador  :D

488004[/snapback]

Likewise I am Limewire's

As a comparison, I tried typing 'Half Man Half Biscuit' into both Limewire and Soulseek.

I got loads more songs from Limewire :P

As for soulseek, I have never come across a peice of music which I was unable to find on it. And I've downloaded some obscure shite in my time

488004[/snapback]

Wee challenge for you, Tormod . What does Soulseek find for the band 'Doll by Doll'. I am waiting to be converted ;)

Wee challenge for you, Tormod . What does Soulseek find for the band 'Doll by Doll'. I am waiting to be converted  ;)

488202[/snapback]

I'm on it. It's quite a tricky one to search for though as there are lots of songs/bands with 'doll' and 'by' in their name. Got a link to a decent discography so i can search for individual songs? Might get better results.

I'm on it. It's quite a tricky one to search for though as there are lots of songs/bands with 'doll' and 'by' in their name. Got a link to a decent discography so i can search for individual songs? Might get better results.

488427[/snapback]

Wouldn't be a problem in Limewire, you can select from artist, album, genre etc etc.

None of your one box search soulseek shit :P

Wouldn't be a problem in Limewire, you can select from artist, album, genre etc etc.

None of your one box search soulseek shit  :P

488448[/snapback]

In that case, lets see what limpwire comes up with.

Edited to include: It may take time but soulseek WILL find it eventually.

Good work fella, although you might have to type the found tracks out 'cos I can't read whats on the image :D

Discography

I'm most interested in the tracks from 'Remember'

side one: butcher boy, chances, sleeping partners

side two: more than human, lose myself, janice, the palace of love

Good work fella, although you might have to type the found tracks out 'cos I can't read whats on the image

488829[/snapback]

I can, have you maximised the picture? IE will shrink it to fit to your screen, you need to click the icon which gets it to actual size.

Let the dursor rest over the image till you get the 'Maximise Image' icon in the bottom right of the screen  ;)

488837[/snapback]

Firefox, ya feckers :D

Can see it now, anyhoo - Pint for Tormod :thumsup2:cheers

Archived