Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

18 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Bet you there's something in the T&C's that state should the gig be cancelled the refund will be at face value.

The dynamic pricing changed the face value of the tickets, surely

20 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The dynamic pricing changed the face value of the tickets, surely

It has to surely, also the rpice of the tickets advertised before the gigs I dont know anyone who got a ticket who paid what they were advertised for initially. 

The trades description act must be close to getting breached by this sort of scamming.

who gets the extra money that the price surging gives? Split between band and Ticketmaster?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Hold on, you can't actually be claiming Oasis are the only band with two great/classic albums?!

The stones have more than 2 classic albums too. Exile on Main Street, Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed, The Rolling stones, thats 4 at least

The The - Infected, Mind Bomb, Dusk

Edited by ScotiaNostra

3 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

It has to surely, also the rpice of the tickets advertised before the gigs I dont know anyone who got a ticket who paid what they were advertised for initially. 

The trades description act must be close to getting breached by this sort of scamming.

who gets the extra money that the price surging gives? Split between band and Ticketmaster?

Surely the ticket will Have a price as part of it and that won’t change depending on what people actually paid? I haven’t used paper tickets for some time but they always had price  on them

1 minute ago, Gibby82 said:

Died the week after Be Here Now was released. Two car crashes in successive weeks. 

I didn’t know that - I remember both events fairly well as well.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I didn’t know that - I remember both events fairly well as well.

I only remember because I went out and bought the album on the day she died. Ally McCoist and Andy Goram would not approve of this. 

5 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

I only remember because I went out and bought the album on the day she died. Ally McCoist and Andy Goram would not approve of this. 

Good stuff. I usually have a good memory for that sort of thing - ie the time England beat Germany 5-1 was 10 days before 9/11 and we still heard more about the football win in the months that followed!

Just now, throbber said:

Good stuff. I usually have a good memory for that sort of thing - ie the time England beat Germany 5-1 was 10 days before 9/11 and we still heard more about the football win in the months that followed!

I remember that too funnily enough. We were flying out to Belgium a few days later for a Scotland game. 9/11 was the week after. 

24 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

The vast majority of all ticket revenue goes to the band. Ticketmaster take a fee. 

Surge pricing has been around for a few years now - it bit horribly for Bruce Springsteen's shows a couple summers back. Allegedly designed by Ticketmaster to combat missed revenue for bands on inflated prices of resale tickets sold through secondary markets. It's a complete crock of shit of course, and tantamount to emotional blackmail on fans who, in many cases, are given seconds to weigh up whether to proceed with a purchase. 

The UK Labour party ought to scrap the wishy-washy consultation on ticket resellers planned later this year and just get on today with:

1. Regulating the likes of Stubhub and Viagogo out of existence with only approved agencies who commit to face-value reselling being licensed to sell tickets on the secondary market.

and

2. Banning surge pricing on concert tickets by primary retailers. All pricing should be fixed and announced in advance. 

Ticketmaster do it because they know utter mugs will continue to pay the prices.

Folk will complain, and some will even stop paying the costs, but the majority of folk will keep doing it and keep allowing Ticketmaster et al away with it.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Ticketmaster do it because they know utter mugs will continue to pay the prices.

Folk will complain, and some will even stop paying the costs, but the majority of folk will keep doing it and keep allowing Ticketmaster et al away with it.

“If you tolerate this then your children will be next”

Noel Gallagher, 1996

3 minutes ago, George Parr said:

The vast majority of all ticket revenue goes to the band. Ticketmaster take a fee. 

Surge pricing has been around for a few years now - it bit horribly for Bruce Springsteen's shows a couple summers back. Allegedly designed by Ticketmaster to combat missed revenue for bands on inflated prices of resale tickets sold through secondary markets. It's a complete crock of shit of course, and tantamount to emotional blackmail on fans who, in many cases, are given seconds to weigh up whether to proceed with a purchase. 

The UK Labour party ought to scrap the wishy-washy consultation on ticket resellers planned later this year and just get on today with:

1. Regulating the likes of Stubhub and Viagogo out of existence with only approved agencies who commit to face-value reselling being licensed to sell tickets on the secondary market.

and

2. Banning surge pricing on concert tickets by primary retailers. All pricing should be fixed and announced in advance. 

Lisa Nandy is talking the talk today but I won't hold my breath. Her colleague Lucy Powell (she of the Winter Fuel Payments fame) on the other hand is cool with it. It's the market, innit. 

She [Powell] said she had paid double the price originally quoted for tickets.

She said she had paid £350 each for two tickets at Heaton Park in Manchester. She told BBC Radio 5 Live: “Eventually got through and bought a couple of tickets for more than I was expecting to pay.”

She added that she does not “particularly like” surge pricing. However she said: “It is the market and how it operates.

“You’ve absolutely got to be transparent about that so that when people arrive after hours of waiting, they understand that the ticket is going to cost more.”

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I understand this sentiment but I don't think it's a good enough reason to allow the situation to perpetuate.

Ideally, bands like Oasis, their management, the promoter, should be crowbarred into advertising across their tour posters in advance of any sale that they intend to charge fans £350 or whatever for standard admission tickets to their shows. Make them get it all out there. 

23 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

I quite like the Be Here Now album. Few bangers on there.

It's a bloated mess with a load of shite like Magic Pie (the most coked up song title ever), I Hope I Think I Know and the Girl With the Dirty shirt, Oasis by numbers tunes that should have been chucked on a b-side somewhere. Even the good stuff like Do You Know What I Mean is over produced, with that Beatles like psychedelic outro that seems to last forever and that's only the first f**king song (every song seems to have a Beatles song title in the lyrics, like Noel was either taking the piss or couldn't give a f**k). Even then, the three stand out tunes, that song, Stand By Me and Don't Go Away, he's just basically rehashed chord structures and ideas from previous songs. On My Big Mouth they f**ked about with Liam's vocals that much he sounds like one of the chipmunks at times. All Around the World is just ridiculous, 9 minutes of the sound of a band tunnelling up their own arses, and then when you think thank f**k that's over it comes back again on the last song, like a resolute jobby on a u-bend. 

Of course in a parallel universe he keeps all those brilliant b-sides back, like Acquiesce, Masterplan, Half the World Away, Talk Tonight, Going Nowhere, adds it to the to the songs above, and Be Here Now is a classic, Noel heralded a genius and Brit Pop doesn't die. 

Edited by Gibby82

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

It's a bloated mess with a load of shite like Magic Pie (the most coked up song title ever), I Hope I Think I Know and the Girl With the Dirty shirt, Oasis by numbers tunes that should have been chucked on a b-side somewhere. Even the good stuff like Do You Know What I Mean is over produced, with that Beatles like psychedelic outro that seems to last forever and that's only the first f**king song (every song seems to have a Beatles song title in the lyrics, like Noel was either taking the piss or couldn't give a f**k). Even then, the three stand out tunes, that song, Stand By Me and Don't Go Away, he's just basically rehashed chords structures and ideas from previous songs. On My Big Mouth they f**ked about with Liam's vocals that much he sounds like one of the chipmunks at times. All Around the World is just ridiculous, 9 minutes of the sound of a band tunnelling up their own arses, and then when you think thank f**k that's over it comes back again on the last song, like a resolute jobby on a u-bend. 

Of course in a parallel universe he keeps all those brilliant b-sides back, like Acquiesce, Masterplan, Half the World Away, Talk Tonight, Going Nowhere, adds it to the to the songs above, and Be Here Now is a classic, Noel heralded as a genius and Brit Pop doesn't die. 

AllAround the World is just ridiculous, 9 minutes of the sound of a band tunnelling up their own arses, and then when you think thank f**k that's over it comes back again on the last song, like a resolute jobby on a u-bend. 

:lol: 

Made me laugh!

Be here now isn’t particularly bad but if you think it’s a worthy follow up to what’s the story then you’re at it. 

As for the Masterplan a special mention to fade away and listen up for being up there with the best oasis tunes. I also love round are way which isn’t even on an album. 

46 minutes ago, George Parr said:

I understand this sentiment but I don't think it's a good enough reason to allow the situation to perpetuate.

Ideally, bands like Oasis, their management, the promoter, should be crowbarred into advertising across their tour posters in advance of any sale that they intend to charge fans £350 or whatever for standard admission tickets to their shows. Make them get it all out there. 

Correct. It’s not as if Ticketmaster were taken by surprise at demand on Saturday morning. They knew they were going to do this.

I suppose if they said in advance “we are going to charge £350 “ would there have been a social media backlash or boycott? I suppose a lot of younger ones would have priced out and not joined the queue .

Whatever way you look at it it is sharp practice and could easily be legislated against.

Edited by Stevie Kirk
Spelling

27 minutes ago, George Parr said:

agree