The LOLverpool Thread

What a c**t

How long was he out for? I'll assume he was getting private medical care and not missing out a penny in wages at the time.

Exactly.

I think the most despicable thing about it (out of the several) was his thought process that said "Happy enough for him to be beaten up, but hang on a minute, better not... one of my mates would be a witness, and he'd maybe grass up the thugs"

Actually, scratch that. I think the most disgusting part was his suggestion that Neill should be grateful to Thompson for him not being beaten up by Carragher's scumbag mates.

Lovable rogues those Scousers...

Doesn't mean he's not a disgusting human being.

But yes he was a successful footballer, obviously. Tony Blair was a successful politician, it doesn't mean anyone likes him.

Lest we forget :-

"When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed"

Definitely ill advised to give it the go ahead but what a load of embellished pish designed to help sell a few more copies of his autobiography.

Proof?

Lets start with spotting Lucas Neill in the Trafford Centre, having enough time to get your phone out, phone Carragher up and speak to him and he's still walking towards you. :lol:

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Lets start with spotting Lucas Neill in the Trafford Centre, having enough time to get your phone out, phone Carragher up and speak to him and he's still walking towards you. :lol:

So you don't have any then.

He has said it, had it printed. no reason to doubt it at all.

So you don't have any then.

He has said it, had it printed. no reason to doubt it at all.

How about the bit where it says they considered giving him a crack but Davey Thompson would have recognised them. Of course otherwise you'd get it away with it no bother in the middle of a shopping centre. 'Impromptu mission' and 'call the boys off' it's hardly spruced up at all.

It's very feasible.The Trafford Centre has quite long straight stretches where you can easily see someone coming from a bit away, especially if it's not too busy. Phone in pocket, out, speed dial, no probs.

It's very feasible.The Trafford Centre has quite long straight stretches where you can easily see someone coming from a bit away, especially if it's not too busy. Phone in pocket, out, speed dial, no probs.

Aye I'm aware of that but naw still no convinced.

Liverpool fan trying to protect Saint Jamie, unsurprising. The guy is a cretin clearly along with his captain, accept it.

Sorry can't work multi quote on this yet. He's certainly no saint. Liverpool haters trying to put players in the same category as Fred West. Maybe somewhere in between eh.

Aye I'm aware of that but naw still no convinced.

You'll also know then that there are plenty of places leading to and in the massive car parks you could easily 'crack' someone without an audience.

Sorry, you may wish to deny it for obvious reasons but the whole scenario is totally believable and it says much about Carragher that non-Liverpool supporters don't think twice about accepting it as true.

Didn't say it was made up. Said it was embellished to help sell the book.

I agree that this is almost certainly true. But it says a lot about Carragher that he would choose to embellish this particular incident. Clearly there must be some truth to it, even if it is as much as his pals offered to give Neil a doing, and he said 'no, don't be ridiculous.' Bringing the other player's name into it is pretty classless, beyond the usual piss poor footballer 'autobiography' standard of classless.

I agree that this is almost certainly true. But it says a lot about Carragher that he would choose to embellish this particular incident. Clearly there must be some truth to it, even if it is as much as his pals offered to give Neil a doing, and he said 'no, don't be ridiculous.' Bringing the other player's name into it is pretty classless, beyond the usual piss poor footballer 'autobiography' standard of classless.

Totally agree - nail on head.

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

The Song incident is just as bad -

Carragher also deliberately set out to injured a team-mate in a practice session. The player was former Liverpool team-mate Rigobert Song, because of the latter's constant mockery of his defending."Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a player with greater appetite. 'You're not fucking laughing now, are you, you soft c**t?' I said as he hobbled away."

Total fucking scumbag