Still Going Strong

I hear tickets are selling well for Sundays game. I thought the novelty might have worn off but the Rangers support are still up at Ibrox queuing for new season tickets. Even though the football has been poor...at times very poor..the support are still 100% behind the club. We were warned by others we couldn't survive financially outside the top league...We were told we would have crowds of under 10,000. Now we have others claiming we are playing down our support to do others out of money :lol:

Many cant get their heads round the fact we are enjoying ourself and making many friends along the way. This is the football i fell in love with all those years ago. There is no pressure on us now and every little thing we get is a bonus..If we win great but if we don't...well it's only a game of football at the end of the day. Back in the 80s that all changed with the arrival of Souness and the days of big spending and chasing impossible dreams started. This folly led to the death of Rangers and i am sure we will never let it happen again.

I had as good a day out in Berwick as any i ever had in the Premier league. We were not ripped off by their club...We were welcomed by the locals...The police were great as well although i am not sure they were needed in such great numbers.There was plenty of drink consumed by both sets of supporters but absolutely no sign of trouble. If this is what life is going to be like in the SFL do we really want back in the SPL? I cannot see 1 positive in being back there...sorry...I cannot see 1 positive for Rangers in being back there.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had as good a day out in Berwick as any i ever had in the Premier league. We were not ripped off by their club...We were welcomed by the locals...The police were great as well although i am not sure they were needed in such great numbers.There was plenty of drink consumed by both sets of supporters but absolutely no sign of trouble. If this is what life is going to be like in the SFL do we really want back in the SPL? I cannot see 1 positive in being back there...sorry...I cannot see 1 positive for Rangers in being back there.

Only 3 arrests at the Berwick game. I suppose that is quite good behaviour for Sevco fans.

Only 3 arrests at the Berwick game. I suppose that is quite good behaviour for Sevco fans.

Were they Rangers supporters? All for minor offences...Police praising our behaviour...Home fans talking about what a great time they had and how much benefit their club got from the game and the boost to the local economy.

Anyway your response just sums up the tired old nonsense we had all grown bored off. You keep obsessing over us while we carry on not caring about you...your club or your SPL ;)

Were they Rangers supporters?

Those Chelsea fans AGAIN !!!! :angry:

One thing that was blatantly clear though was the sectarian songs, i and many others heard it throughout the first half, mainly the 'we hate celtic, ****** b*****ds' ditty.

Eased off a bit in the second half as the team toiled but fair play for encouraging the boys on the pitch by singing away about child abuse. That 'we were not abused' number to the tune of we shall not be moved must have really spurred the boys on to dig deeper out on the park :huh:

Were they Rangers supporters? All for minor offences...Police praising our behaviour...Home fans talking about what a great time they had and how much benefit their club got from the game and the boost to the local economy.

Anyway your response just sums up the tired old nonsense we had all grown bored off. You keep obsessing over us while we carry on not caring about you...your club or your SPL ;)

There were three arrests, all for bigoted chanting, 5 at the other away game at Brechin. There's only one other club in the country whose fans would get into that sort of bother, of course they are fucking Sevco supporters. The fact is Sevco are the worst behaved supporters in the country.

My club has absolutely nothing to do with this. I just can't stand it when someone is talking utter shite without actually looking at the bigger picture. I don't give a rats arse about your club, never mind being 'obsessed' with it, which is why myself and every other SPL supporter celebrated when your club died.

Minor offences only because the Billy Boys isn't against the law South of the Border ;)

"We have received reports that some sectarian chanting did occur and these reports will be fully investigated and reported to the relevant Scottish authorities."

– Superintendent Derek Scott, Northumbria Police

http://www.itv.com/news/border/story/2012-08-24/berwick-rangers-face-rangers/

Its not too bad on the Celtic bus i go on, you do get instances of it but i wouldnt mind if it was sung only on buses and left out of the grounds. Let them get it out their braindead minds before they go into the grounds.

The guy who runs our bus said Celtic have warned supporters clubs that anyone convicted of a sectarian offence while in a home or away ground with a ticket allocated to that club risk having the supporters bus losing its entire ticket allocation from CP

You are completely over reacting and cherry picking, yes there were a few arrests and I hope these dissapear, but the overwhelming feeling coming out of the locals at these towns is positive

The hate and bigotry is within each and every Sevco supporter, only a few get pulled up for it, unfortunately.

There were three arrests, all for bigoted chanting, 5 at the other away game at Brechin. There's only one other club in the country whose fans would get into that sort of bother, of course they are fucking Sevco supporters. You are actually the worst behaved supporters in the country.

My club has absolutely nothing to do with this. I just can't stand it when someone is talking utter shite without actually looking at the bigger picture. I don't give a rats arse about your club, never mind being 'obsessed' with it, which is why myself and every other SPL supporter celebrated when your club died.

:lol:

Such anger.

How would you know i was talking shite? You have absolutely no idea how great it feels right now to a Rangers supporter. You have absolutely no idea what it was like in Berwick yesterday...You would maybe get an understanding if you read the match thread and all the positive comments from the Berwick fans but that wouldn't fit in with your hate filled agenda against The Rangers.

There have been far worse incidents in Scottish football recently but of course you wont have read about them as you only troll the internet looking for news on one club. I suppose we should take it as a compliment we have so many of your kind obsessing over us.

The sectarian singing incident was covered in the match thread and covered at great length. All i'll say here is i hope those arrested were for sectarian an they will be banned for life. They are not wanted or welcome at ibrox

If this is what life is going to be like in the SFL do we really want back in the SPL? I cannot see 1 positive in being back there...sorry...I cannot see 1 positive for Rangers in being back there.

The prospect of Champions League football? More money? Better players?

The prospect of Champions League football? More money? Better players?

We did all that. TBH it wasn't all it's cracked up to be and you know how it all ended.

We were not ripped off by their club

Like 'Rangers' did when Celtic visited and vice versa !?

One of the things that always gripped my shit about the Old Firm was their insistence that other clubs put their ticket prices up when they visited, my club never did this and I'm sure many others didn't.

The fact that they did it themselves when the other visited was lost in a sea of irony dry.gif

Archived