Still Going Strong

Disappointing, yes - but that's footie for you. How much of Sally's warchest did Sunday's ref trouser to stop your tribute act getting beat?biggrin.gif

Aye we got out of jail right enough, onwards and upwards as they say.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 26,000 there tonight....

...... the dwindle slowly begins :(

Even back in our spl days that would've been considered pretty nifty, midweek cup games are usually poor at Ibrox for some reason.

My wife (and her family) are all Rangers daft, mate. I am very close to her parents. We have great banter regarding the football, never religion.

Since Feb 14th the banter has been pretty one sided though. ;)

What is wrong with this family,bluenoses inviting a member of the darkside as an in-law. Society in the WoS gone wrong.

I hope you mean in a pub or something :ph34r:

Dont think id last more than 5 minutes in ,say the copland road without blowing my cover and being killed !

At least try it magee,nothing ventured,nothing gained.

Even back in our spl days that would've been considered pretty nifty, midweek cup games are usually poor at Ibrox for some reason.

Now that you're supporting a new club that plays in Scotland's Fourth Tier (bottom) League, cup games are your biggest games of the season. There are no acceptable excuses for such a low attendance at what could have been the biggest match of your entire season! wink.gif

• 2 years later...

I hear tickets are selling well for Sundays game. I thought the novelty might have worn off but the Rangers support are still up at Ibrox queuing for new season tickets. Even though the football has been poor...at times very poor..the support are still 100% behind the club. We were warned by others we couldn't survive financially outside the top league...We were told we would have crowds of under 10,000. Now we have others claiming we are playing down our support to do others out of money laugh.gif

Many cant get their heads round the fact we are enjoying ourself and making many friends along the way. This is the football i fell in love with all those years ago. There is no pressure on us now and every little thing we get is a bonus..If we win great but if we don't...well it's only a game of football at the end of the day. Back in the 80s that all changed with the arrival of Souness and the days of big spending and chasing impossible dreams started. This folly led to the death of Rangers and i am sure we will never let it happen again.

I had as good a day out in Berwick as any i ever had in the Premier league. We were not ripped off by their club...We were welcomed by the locals...The police were great as well although i am not sure they were needed in such great numbers.There was plenty of drink consumed by both sets of supporters but absolutely no sign of trouble. If this is what life is going to be like in the SFL do we really want back in the SPL? I cannot see 1 positive in being back there...sorry...I cannot see 1 positive for Rangers in being back there.

Searching through the old threads certainly makes fun reading sometimes No8, doesn't it. :) and my my how times change.

And also notice how many of Tedi's posts have magically disappeared from your initial OP when he thought deleting old posts with red dots would increase his rep count as they are enshrined in other peoples posts for all to see. :lol:

Searching through the old threads certainly makes fun reading sometimes No8, doesn't it. :) and my my how times change.

And also notice how many of Tedi's posts have magically disappeared from your initial OP when he thought deleting old posts with red dots would increase his rep count as they are enshrined in other peoples posts for all to see. :lol:

I enjoyed reading that first post. It was great in the SFL 3 ... Really enjoyed that season and had some great away days and especially Berwick. It was a real eye opener to see the way every club tried to play football the way it should be played with one exception...sorry Stirling Albion but i did enjoy the Brewers Fayre :thumsup2 .

As for now. I have had 4 or 5 messages today about tomorrow night but i am not doing it..I am not going even though i honestly think it will be a decent game. This will be only the second game i have missed at Ibrox in years. It is absolutely murder missing a game and tomorrow will be dreadful as Ibrox is 5 minutes up the road. I better get a decent stream to the game

I enjoyed reading that first post. It was great in the SFL 3 ... Really enjoyed that season and had some great away days and especially Berwick. It was a real eye opener to see the way every club tried to play football the way it should be played with one exception...sorry Stirling Albion but i did enjoy the Brewers Fayre :thumsup2 .

As for now. I have had 4 or 5 messages today about tomorrow night but i am not doing it..I am not going even though i honestly think it will be a decent game. This will be only the second game i have missed at Ibrox in years. It is absolutely murder missing a game and tomorrow will be dreadful as Ibrox is 5 minutes up the road. I better get a decent stream to the game

Aw fcuk your nerves will be on the edge with 10 minutes before kick off, we will expect a full report of your last minute U-turn about the game and your seating arrangements and ICT fans chucking coins n stuff. :P

• 3 months later...
I hear tickets are selling well for Sundays game. I thought the novelty might have worn off but the Rangers support are still up at Ibrox queuing for new season tickets. Even though the football has been poor...at times very poor..the support are still 100% behind the club. We were warned by others we couldn't survive financially outside the top league...We were told we would have crowds of under 10,000. Now we have others claiming we are playing down our support to do others out of money laugh.gif

Many cant get their heads round the fact we are enjoying ourself and making many friends along the way. This is the football i fell in love with all those years ago. There is no pressure on us now and every little thing we get is a bonus..If we win great but if we don't...well it's only a game of football at the end of the day. Back in the 80s that all changed with the arrival of Souness and the days of big spending and chasing impossible dreams started. This folly led to the death of Rangers and i am sure we will never let it happen again.

I had as good a day out in Berwick as any i ever had in the Premier league. We were not ripped off by their club...We were welcomed by the locals...The police were great as well although i am not sure they were needed in such great numbers.There was plenty of drink consumed by both sets of supporters but absolutely no sign of trouble. If this is what life is going to be like in the SFL do we really want back in the SPL? I cannot see 1 positive in being back there...sorry...I cannot see 1 positive for Rangers in being back there.

Bump

Thanks for the laugh 8....enjoyed reading that.

• 2 weeks later...

laugh.gif

Such anger.

How would you know i was talking shite? You have absolutely no idea how great it feels right now to a Rangers supporter. You have absolutely no idea what it was like in Berwick yesterday...You would maybe get an understanding if you read the match thread and all the positive comments from the Berwick fans but that wouldn't fit in with your hate filled agenda against The Rangers.

There have been far worse incidents in Scottish football recently but of course you wont have read about them as you only troll the internet looking for news on one club. I suppose we should take it as a compliment we have so many of your kind obsessing over us.

The sectarian singing incident was covered in the match thread and covered at great length. All i'll say here is i hope those arrested were for sectarian an they will be banned for life. They are not wanted or welcome at ibrox

Bump.

Does it still feel great to be a sevco fan??

Archived