The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends, P&B'ers, countrymen, lend me your eyes.

I'm needing to get an uncle some bottles as a present. I don't know what he drinks but my cousin tells me that he likes Guinness, Amstel, Bud and Miller. So can anyone recommend any decent craft beers along those lines?

Better than those lagers would be Williams' Caesar Augustus and Fraoich. Guinness drinkers might enjoy Midnight Sun or Old Engine Oil - a porter.

Oakham do a beer called Citra which is very hoppy and not to my particular taste. I am more of a malted barley fan. Jennings beers are generally wxcellent and they're Sneck Lifter is a decent brew. Thwaites have a couple of decent one's Wainwright and Lancaster Bomber, their Nutty Black is quite good too. Theakton's Masham Glory, and Hogshead Bitter are excellent. I tried a bottle of Williams Bros 'Kelpie' at Christmas, a seaweed ale,it's not bad but not something I would go out of my way to try again.

Got some Hobgoblin and Goliath in for the bells and a few bottles of Jennings Bitter to be going on with.

I'm a big fan of Batemans Brewery beers. So managed to get some in over Christmas.

One I've never tried before called Christmas Eve, if ever you could bottle Christmas in the form of an Ale, this would be it.

Not really a session ale, a little too sickly for me, pudding like with spice. It was a rather pleasant wee surprise and at 4.4% it was worth a gargle.

Posted Image

Had a lovely pint of Forgans Ale by the Eden Brewery earlier in St Andrews.

Good stuff. The brewery is in Guardbridge.

They said on their facebook page today that were doing 5 bottles for a tenner, and chucking in a free glass. Thats pretty damn good.

I drove past the brewery today. I'm not sure they sell from there. Might try and pop through tomorrow though.

They have got a brewery shop. If you are on facebook its worth having a look at their page.

Drank too much over the past few weeks to post... But today I have been drinking a few of these...

attachicon.gif1388939523450.jpg

And for Christmas I got this...

attachicon.gif1388939568095.jpg

Last year I got 300 Beers to try before you die. But with this... I may die trying!

I have that book, I've only tried about 200 of the beers so far.

Drinking a pint of Field 41.

Its an American Pale Ale currently on in Wetherspoons by a brewery called Bale Breaker Brewing.

A really nice session ale. A sharp citrus taste, refreshing but without the bitter aftertaste. Ends quite malty making you want more. Fantastic beer.

ONLY 200? When did you start?? Lol

I'd already had loads of them before I got the book and have been on the lookout ever since. There's a really large US section and even though I've had a few of them in the US and here, I'm running out of new ones to try.

My wife bought me some beers for Xmas and there were 3 I hadn't had, doubt I'll ever get through it though.

I'd already had loads of them before I got the book and have been on the lookout ever since. There's a really large US section and even though I've had a few of them in the US and here, I'm running out of new ones to try.

My wife bought me some beers for Xmas and there were 3 I hadn't had, doubt I'll ever get through it though.

Im considering even taking my book out with me when I go beer shopping. Sad or devoted??

Archived