The St Johnstone For Europe Thread

I'm amazed we finished in the top six. Apparently everyone has better players than us, according to every pre match thread.

Think where we would have been with hibs or St. Mirrens squad :rolleyes:

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm amazed we finished in the top six. Apparently everyone has better players than us, according to every pre match thread.

Think where we would have been with hibs or St. Mirrens squad :rolleyes:

Top of the league - 33 points clear.

It really is quite incredible how many points we've won with this absolutely terrible, inept team of first division dross and with a terrible manager, with one of the lowest budgets in the league.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't a Dundee guy put a bet on that they would finish within 10 points of Saints?

Is 26 points close enough for a gimme?

Actually, just noticed...we came closer to winning the title than Dundee did to catching us! Oh dear, how the European Cup semi finalist have fallen. :whistle

If St.Johnstone are 10 points clear of Dundee ( afterall that is comfortable) i will give £20 to a charity of your choice, anything less than that or Dundee are ahead of St.J then you give money to my charity of choice?

In truth the fermers add absolutely nothing to this league and really shouldn't be allowed into the SPL however the Lomas death spiral has started earlier than I thought. He might manage to get past the 1st round of matches so long as Inverness and Dundee struggle to win matches.

Nigel Hasselbiank - how many has he scored?

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Think the joke is on the wee saints.

People keep banging on about the quality of the Saints squad but really, who has come in that is actually any use? Vine has done f**k all apart from get sent off, Tade is absolutely hopeless and an embarrassment most of the time, Hasselbaink is headless chicken personified and Cregg is First Division standard at best. McLean was part of the worst Aberdeen side in recent years. Mark Kerr (is that still on?) is just horrific.

Beattie can be good on his day but is one or two injuries away from the scrapheap.

Add this pile of shite to a tactically-inept Manager more concerned about his appearance and public profile and you've got a team that would be relegated if Dundee weren't here.

Why don't you think you will? You've got a team of wage thieves and first division players with an absolute goon in charge. If Lomas is given the boot by Christmas and the new manager clears out some of the dross then maybe you'll make 9th or something but with Lomas it's relegation battle all the way.

Pinning your hopes on the likes of Tade, Vine and Hasselbaink is just crazy.

I got to about page three :lol:

It's utterly fantastic that Dundee got relegated (pissing off Dundee fans), Craig scored a screamer and ran the midfield (pissing off StandFree) and Hasselbaink was arguably the best player on the pitch (pissing off St Mirren fans)

Am I to assume that you are gloating RG.........................?

I am. At the start of the season we got a roasting from all the usual suspects. I'm glad they've all been proved spectacularly wrong

Posted Today, 01:06

G_Man1985, on 02 Sept 2012 - 20:00, said:snapback.png

If St.Johnstone are 10 points clear of Dundee ( afterall that is comfortable) i will give £20 to a charity of your choice, anything less than that or Dundee are ahead of St.J then you give money to my charity of choice?

Aha. So this season's mug is G_Man. Which charity will you chose?

I am not sure if this is already on here or not but the Highland Saints had a stop off on their way home last night.

BKpQnm-CcAAGm4f.jpg

Why are they hiding like wannabe casuals? They don't appear to be doing anything illegal?

Archived