Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

6 hours ago, thepundit said:

I'm in shock that Rangers have allegedly (as there's no quotes in the article or sources), said they'd be willing to sell a player and stated their valuation. This is very unique to Rangers. Clubs never do this.

Rangers do lots of stuff that other football clubs tend not to do, like cease to exist completely.

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Don't they have EL qualifying games in a few weeks? Will they even be able to put a team out?

One would expect, with the games being at the very start of the transfer window, that a number of transfer listed players will have to be relied on to get Rangers through the early rounds.

It's going to be very difficult to build a new team and free up the salaries to do so within just a few weeks. 

9 hours ago, thepundit said:

One would expect, with the games being at the very start of the transfer window, that a number of transfer listed players will have to be relied on to get Rangers through the early rounds.

It's going to be very difficult to build a new team and free up the salaries to do so within just a few weeks. 

But will Chelsea or Man United want McKay or Tavernier once they're cup-tied?  

On 24/05/2017 at 19:05, aDONisSheep said:

Point of order Mr Chairman

It was the MIGHTY, MIGHTY AFC that condemned NewBrandRangers FC to their uncertain fate.  After our declaration, the new club had to appeal to the SFL for succour.

A great day it was indeed!

Yours

aDONis

The MIGHTY, MIGHTY AFC kept in check by the VERY MIGHTY St. Mirren and Ross County.

Stewart-Milne.jpg

:lol:

You know it's season ticket renewal time down Ibrox way when the papers run numerous stories linking them with £1m plus transfer targets from all over the world (without ever coming close to signing any of them of course). We will of course know when the "target" is reached as that will be marked with the usual parade of 35yo + has beens and lower league english jobbers (all suitably attired in one of Ashley's nice shiny new strips !). 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

You know it's season ticket renewal time down Ibrox way when the papers run numerous stories linking them with £1m plus transfer targets from all over the world (without ever coming close to signing any of them of course). We will of course know when the "target" is reached as that will be marked with the usual parade of 35yo + has beens and lower league english jobbers (all suitably attired in one of Ashley's nice shiny new strips !). 

How is Mario Jardel's wife getting on these days?

On 2017-5-29 at 22:54, wastecoatwilly said:

what happened to that sponsor we had, i'm sure it was there i minute ago  

Monkey Tennis genuine 1 week old moonshine was deemed unsuitable for a family forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember whether it was this thread that had a 'discussion' about John James and his site recently (what's a search function?) but he's thrown another strop and effectively closed his site down.  Something about those damn SNP Nazis withholding their funding.

He's allowed some of the critical comments on his last article to stand but I'm wondering if he's read the one from Charles at 5:34 properly.

Edited by The DA

7 hours ago, The DA said:

I can't remember whether it was this thread that had a 'discussion' about John James and his site recently (what's a search function?) but he's thrown another strop and effectively closed his site down.  Something about those damn SNP Nazis withholding their funding.

He's allowed some of the critical comments on his last article to stand but I'm wondering if he's read the one from Charles at 5:34 properly.

That guy goes through more dummies than Mothercare, like Sevco he will be back. Wonder if he will retain all his history though ;)

He brought politics to his football blog and done himself in. He kept it all about the mighty morphin sevco rangers ( and the odd bleating about meekings header in that semi) for so long and decided to go for throwing in some blogs about other things that divided those who read it.
Dont think he was a rangers fan for a second as he claimed.

Daft move i think. Always asking for donations and then lambasted some politics and potentially alienating donators (esp if you follow the simplified linear thinking of target audience of celtic fans being mainly snp).

6 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

He brought politics to his football blog and done himself in. He kept it all about the mighty morphin sevco rangers ( and the odd bleating about meekings header in that semi) for so long and decided to go for throwing in some blogs about other things that divided those who read it.

Daft move i think. Always asking for donations and then lambasted some politics and potentially alienating donators (esp if you follow the simplified linear thinking of target audience of celtic fans being mainly snp).

He seemed to think he could make a living out of a wee corner of north-west Europe when sites with bigger catchment areas have struggled to survive.

The stuff about the police advising him to flee the country was just a wee bit too much drama, IYAM.  When the media becomes the story...

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

He seemed to be on self destruct mode for some time now. I have no doubt he will remain to be around, but whether he will change his ways of late will be a different story.

He seemed to think he could make a living out of a wee corner of north-west Europe when sites with bigger catchment areas have struggled to survive.
The stuff about the police advising him to flee the country was just a wee bit too much drama, IYAM.  When the media becomes the story...

Think it might have been either tone it down or leave for his own safety. He chose leave.
He seemed to be on self destruct mode for some time now. I have no doubt he will remain to be around, but whether he will change his ways of late will be a different story.

Nah. Think it was a determined strategy. Build a 'fanbase' and feed in opinion pieces on other items and guage reactions. Couple of puff pieces about the mccanns etc and then see what happens.

He will be back no doubt. He loved the attention