Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

You got a link to this? I thought that clubs were obliged to give away supports a percentage of the full capacity if the visiting club requested the seats.

From Queen of the South site :-

Rangers Away Match Tickets

Over the last few days we have been trying to firm up arrangements for our trip to Ibrox to play Rangers on Saturday 30th August. Both clubs had presumed that we would receive the same allocation of approximately 1,700 tickets that Hearts received for their opening weekend fixture at Ibrox. However, due to problems in segregation at that match, the police have unfortunately insisted that the away support allocation at Ibrox for the rest of the League season is to be less than 1,000 tickets. This is obviously very disappointing for us as a club and is unlikely to be sufficient tickets to satisfy demand from our supporters. We took 1,500 to Ibrox two years ago for a midweek Ramsdens Cup tie.

http://www.qosfc.com/new_newsview.aspx?newsid=2437

It's just the polis being dicks as usual.

We all know how much they REALLY care about the safety of football fans.

No it's not. It's new Rangers' inability to assure the safety of spectators in their stadium that is the issue. If Rangers spent some money keeping their stadium in a better state of repair and paid for more safety employees all would be fine.

Rubbish.

Arse. It was a problem with segregation at the Hearts match which caused this. Missiles were traded and there were not enough security staff to deal with the situation. Rangers wont up their security and as a result the limit on away fans has been lowered.

Making it up as you go along 1st it was the state of repair of the stadium, now it is lack of security staff :lol:

I take it you have a copy of the police statement confirming this is down to the lack of Ibrox security staff or is this something else you are just making up?

Of course nobody can know for sure why the police are saying this.

Considering the numbers of away fans over the years where segregation hasn't been an issue and even last years Scottish Cup tie with Dundee Utd where it was initially said to be a problem then they issued more under pressure - there must be some reason for this to happen now?

Wouldn't it be better for Rangers to get as many folk as they can into the game? Do Rangers fans wonder why this is suddenly becoming an issue?

Arse. It was a problem with segregation at the Hearts match which caused this. Missiles were traded and there were not enough security staff to deal with the situation. Rangers wont up their security and as a result the limit on away fans has been lowered.

Maybe the imposter club can't afford to pay for enough security and policing to cover the bigger games?.

Making it up as you go along 1st it was the state of repair of the stadium, now it is lack of security staff :lol:

I take it you have a copy of the police statement confirming this is down to the lack of Ibrox security staff or is this something else you are just making up?

OK you appear top be in the know to dismiss the idea that the limit on visiting fans is a result of Rangers downsizing the amount of officers available to police the fans, so do enlighten us all on why for the first time I can remember that Rangers stadium all of a sudden can't police and segregate any more than 1,000 visiting fans ?

You are always so ready to shoot down peoples assumptions,claims or other but never yourself on most occasions provide any evidence to the contrary.

The real question is why all of a sudden can't the police properly segregate any more than 1,000 fans "in a nearly empty Ibrox" when the previous incarnation of Rangers could properly police a Broomloan Road full of Celtic fans which in reality is a melting pot compared to just 1,000 fans from a club that isn't their supposed rival ???

The only logical answer is that there is not enough police to properly control even 1,000 fans, and that Rangers have cut the budget for policing matches to cut costs and might probably be more financially prudent for the club to save money by having less officers.

sorry do you have any proof of these missiles being thrown or are you just making it up as you go along ? the reason the police were not happy was the closeness between the fans and how easy it was to cross the segregation particularly due to both fans celbrating important late goals. from what i have seen there was no reports to any missiles being thrown or crowd trouble other than winding up each other at the goals being scored.

I thought you'd be happy at the spiv's money saving schemes?

Why else are they limiting the number of away supporters? The QoS website stated it was a segregation problem at the Hearts match so up until that match the police were happy to issue a safety certificate for at least 1700 away fans. The Rangers vs Hearts thread has plenty of eye witness accounts of the stewards in place being unable to deal with missiles being thrown. Suddenly the police will not allow a European Elite category stadium to hold more than 1000 away fans?

You are right I am drawing my own conclusions but unless anyone else can think of a reason the police have looked at the Hearts match and reduced the risk for future matches I am going to enjoy the farce at Ibrox even more. Your club are a joke Tedi, a fucking joke.

You guys do know that the police inside stadiums are there only as back up for security don't you? The police tell the clubs how many police officers will be working there and that decision is made after the club's security procedures have been reviewed.

The "policing", for want of a better word, of football matches is the responsibility of the home club and not the public purse. Not enough stewards does not mean more police officers will be drafted in, it means parts of the ground will be deemed unusable.

From where I was sitting, the number of security staff was no less than previous games, IMO the number of security staff in that area has increased as they are no longer are needed to the same extent in BF1, IMO police Scotland have changed policy, there certainly was no more trouble than usual, the Hertz fans went a bit mental when they scored and charged across the line but this happened with Dunfermline fans last year.

The simple solution would be to increase the number of segregation rows, very easy to achieve given our crowds are down.

In your opinion how have the Police changed their policy?

In your opinion how have the Police changed their policy?

I just did some research on government policy on policing football matches and it is a symbiotic arrangement between the club and the constabulary.

The police ask the club how many fans are expected and the police then calculate how many officers are required.

The police have an annual budget with a certain amount of overspend because clubs do not pay the full cost of policing matches and if the budget is tight the police have powers to limit or cancel any public function and the Commonwealth games certainly had an impact on the Polices budget this year and might be the primary cause for the police to cut back on costs by limiting the amount of away fans at Ibrox.

This is not the clubs doing but the police and is certainly damaging Rangers finances by limiting the amount of away fans. :)

So it's a simple arithmetic problem for the police and have decided they can't afford to police more than 1,000 away fans at Ibrox for public safety precautions. Next season no matter the division Rangers play in they may get the go ahead to allow more away fans when the budget is replenished.

It is not really an opinion, the fact they have reduced the allocation makes it a fact.

You like writing letters, use the freedom of information act to request the information, let us know how you get on.

So you know it's not a supporter to steward ratio policy that has changed?

I just did some research on government policy on policing football matches and it is a symbiotic arrangement between the club and the constabulary.

The police ask the club how many fans are expected and the police then calculate how many officers are required.

The police have an annual budget with a certain amount of overspend because clubs do not pay the full cost of policing matches and if the budget is tight the police have powers to limit or cancel any public function and the Commonwealth games certainly had an impact on the Polices budget this year and might be the primary cause for the police to cut back on costs by limiting the amount of away fans at Ibrox.

This is not the clubs doing but the police and is certainly damaging Rangers finances by limiting the amount of away fans. :)

So it's a simple arithmetic problem for the police and have decided they can't afford to police more than 1,000 away fans at Ibrox for public safety precautions. Next season no matter the division Rangers play in they may get the go ahead to allow more away fans when the budget is replenished.

It has been reported that the change in policy, as Tedi refers to it, is down to a segregation issue at 1 match.

As I said, from where I was sitting there were perhaps more stewards than normal.

I am also reading that one of the doors was closed close to BF5 to allow Hearts fan access to the concourse, this would not normally happen and caused confusion, meaning fans were encroaching on the segregation areas when they were going for a pie or using the bogs, this is down to the club and was poorly thought out.

I can accept that but surely a revisited risk assessment could address the issue, making sure the door is kept closed, and the issue resolved?

Policing levels are decided after numerous factors are considered. It is just my opinion but having completed human behaviour and crisis management courses (part of my emergency training for working aboard passenger ships) and crowd control courses as well as risk assessments I would say that the main reason for reducing the number of persons gathered in an area from a previously acceptable level would be a change in environment ie either the structure of the area or the number of qualified individuals looking after crowd.

When you consider the reasons stated as fact on the QOS website and reported on the Evening Times website it is not an unreasonable assumption to make.

The only change in environment is the opposing teams as we rise back up the divisions, the closer to the top we get, the nastier and more malevolent the opposing fans become, this of course raises the chance of crowd incidents.

This must be it.

Aye that'll be it right enough.

How was your time away? Did you get your yacht skipper's ticket?