Deftones

DomDom

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm ridiculously excited for this one.

The setlists from their most recent gigs (November) were outstanding too, here's what they were usually playing and I hope to f**k it's similar. Spoilered it in case anyone wants to be surprised on the night.

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Swerve City
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Tempest
Fireal
Engine No. 9
Rivière
Change (In the House of Flies)
Passenger
Bloody Cape
Bored
Root
7 Words

theres a few on ebay but i had to fork out £75 quid for it. Would have paid £175. That set list is really strong. Anything even close to that would be smashing. Leathers would be interesting live but on watching youtube clips (albeit shitty muffled phone videos) of leathers it doesnt seem as strong as others but in saying thatdeftones could come out fart in a microphone , leave and i'd be happy

theres a few on ebay but i had to fork out £75 quid for it. Would have paid £175. That set list is really strong. Anything even close to that would be smashing. Leathers would be interesting live but on watching youtube clips (albeit shitty muffled phone videos) of leathers it doesnt seem as strong as others but in saying thatdeftones could come out fart in a microphone , leave and i'd be happy

As much as they are my favourite band, they spent a good 4 or 5 years sounding like they were doing just that!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another track dropped called Hearts/Wires. I'd rate the three tracks so far;

Prayers/Triangles - 9/10

Doomed User - 5/10

Hearts/Wires - 7/10

Really excited for this album. Really are getting finer with age.

Just downloaded the album and gave it a listen. It might just be me but it's really poor. Maube I'm just not getting it.

It seems the guitars are too jangly and Chino's vocals are too whiney. I'm actually gutted whilst listening to it as I think it's spelling the end for deftones.

The best tracks for me are hearts/wires, xenon and phantom bride. The rest are a bit meh. Not heavy enough or spacey enough. I know better than to expect another White Pony or Around The Fur. I'm hoping and willing it's a slow burner and grows on me eventually but for now its just about scraping a 5/10.

Archived