Deftones

DomDom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly the best band around today. And unlike most bands who have been around for that long, their most recent album is their best by quite a distance in my opinion.

There's also live versions of songs called Roller Derby and Rosemary knocking around on the net, from the new album.

I thought Diamond Eyes lost a bit of the weird atmosphere that Deftones albums have. That said, it's still magnificent, but I'm not sure I'd rate it above White Pony.

When I heard this song, I instantly thought to myself "ah, there it is".

Brilliant, can't wait for this one. I used to be a massive Deftones fan, but I lost interested a bit a few years ago.

This thread has inspired me to listen to White Pony for the first time in a while. What a fucking album.

Same, but Around The Fur.

New song is a grower, listened to it a few times now and I really like it.Deftones are a band I have always liked, be quiet and drive is one of my favourite songs of all time.

Be Quiet And Drive is definitely in my top five songs ever. Beautiful song.

I thought Diamond Eyes lost a bit of the weird atmosphere that Deftones albums have. That said, it's still magnificent, but I'm not sure I'd rate it above White Pony.

When I heard this song, I instantly thought to myself "ah, there it is".

That's the nail on the head about the band and the thing that sets them apart and for me, what makes them peerless. They aren't just songs...they have something else that's just...something. It's not really musical or even audible, it's an atmosphere...you can't write it, and that's why other bands don't have it.

If you were to make up a compilation album of their best stuff, I'd imagine that for most people it would genuinely have tracks from every single album. That's pretty rare...probably more-so than you'd imagine.

They just don't have a weak album. Less-good than others by their own standards, yes...but even those have amazing moments on them.

My 14-track Compilation:

1: 7 Words

2: Engine No. 9

3: Be Quiet and Drive

4: Around The Fur

5: Feiticeira

6: Digital Bath

7: Back To School (I know the band wish they could erase this from history, but I fucking love it)

8: Minerva

9: Pink Cellphone

10: Kimdracula

11: Risk

12: You've Seen The Butcher

13: Sextape

14: Rocket Skates

Another new track....actually sounds like nothing they have done before, a lot of the verse melody reminds me of Noel Gallagher actually!

This new album is going to be a fucking beast.

Archived